New MekWars Cycle Starting

6 replies to this topic

#1 Machiavelli

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

TheInner Sphere Times
Fair and Balanced reporting of all Inner Sphere happenings.

Mekwars Forever Launches New Cycle!!!

December 12, 3049—It was announced today that on December 14, 2011-- Mekwars Forever will be launching it's new cycle. It promises to be a time of conflict as the forces of the Inner Sphere attempt to repel what has become known as the Clan Invasion. It promises to be an exciting time to jump into the fray as a newly commisioned commander of a combined arms force. All new commanders joining up at the start of the cycle will begin with everything set-up as outlined in the alternate universe created by Catalyst Game Labs. From there, it will be through the command and strategy of their new forces that will take the timeline in whatever direction it goes. In announcing the start of the new cycle, Supreme Commander of the Universe (SCU), Machiavelli, had this to say:

We set out to create a fluid universe very different from anything that has been seen before. With many micro-management and macro-management effects in place, we expect to see many changes throughout the universe. Highlights include:

• RP is no more – We now have EP (Espionage Points) which can now be used to infiltrate your opponents and steal their technology and even overthrow governments.

• Sub-cycle goals and Super-cycle goals – Sub-cycle goals will win advantages for your faction while we also still have a super-cycle goal to win the cycle.

• Near canon build tables to start, however through the use of EP and other effects, will rapidly become MW4Ever specific.

• Near canon-accurate map that will be changing a great deal as it will only take 1-4 victories to claim control of a planet.

• Aero on-ground support available, but not required. Almost every combat operation has an Air-Support operation paired with it that has the same costs, effects, etc. However, the Air Support Operations all REQUIRE at least one Aero unit per attacker and defender with the desired effect being that only those who want to play with Air Support will. If you don't want to play with Air Support, don't build armies with Aero units, and you cannot be forced to face an army with Aero in them.

• Vast majority of operations can be launched through AFR or as blind operations to give each commander the option of how to launch. Blind games are encouraged, but not mandated.

• ELO restrictions on operations are almost non-existant. To make up for this, all operation results will be adjusted pretty stringly to compensate for ELO differences. Very high ELO players beating very low ELO players will see their payouts reduced quite a bit.

• Every player will be allowed 2 accounts, 1-Clan Faction and 1-IS Faction. You will be prevented by code from playing against yourself.

SCU Machiavelli stated “Our goal in this set-up is to create a universe in which the casual player can get started and play a game or two very easily while also having a strong meta-game in which the hardcore player has a reason to fight. We are trying to achieve the impossible in making a platform for battling for control of the universe that will make everyone happy. We also realize this is not possible and some things will be a problem for some. We are happy and welcoming of comments for changes for the next cycle and will take all such comments to heart.”

With those comments, SCU Machiavelli pointed out this universe would be different from CGL's alternative and original universe:

• The Federated Commonwealth will not exist. The Lyran Alliance will always be the Lyran Alliance and the Federated Suns will remain the Federated Suns.

• All of the Periphery nations have allied together into the faction to be known as simply, The Periphery.

• Not all of the Clans will exist. As we are focusing on the incursion into the IS, only Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Wolf will be present. There is no plan to expand beyond these clan factions at this time.

• The cycle will begin canon, with these exceptions, on game-date Jan 1, 3050. From that point on, nothing will follow canon.

According to sources withing SCU Machiavelli's inner circle, the expectation is that this cycle will last approximately 6 months of real time and cover nearly 100 yrs game time. Virtually all combat units from canon sources will be in play at some point during the cycle. Combat units that were specific to a faction not represented in the MW4Ever universe have been reassigned to a similar faction, in a very specific and measured way.

For further information and details on the workings of the universe as well as details on how to get involved and take control of your own forces, please visit:

http://mekwarsforever.freeforums.org

To download the client, please visit (new client will be posted as soon as it is ready):

http://mekwarsforeve...cycle-t407.html

The IST will continue reporting on this developing story as new events unfold.

Questions on this story can be directed to SCU Machiavelli at mekwars4ever@gmail.com or through PM here of on the MW4Ever forums.

#2 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

This... is relevant to my interests.

...right up until they wanted my full name, gender, birth date and a valid cell phone number to register on the forums. :P

Edited by Hayden, 12 December 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Keep us posted on further developments!

#4 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

This my favorite mekwars server :)

#5 Machiavelli

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

View PostHayden, on 12 December 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

This... is relevant to my interests.

...right up until they wanted my full name, gender, birth date and a valid cell phone number to register on the forums. :)

Sorry about that. Just went through the new user registration process myself and had no idea what it was like since I started the forum some years back. It is all freeforums doing, not mine.

As for real name and birthdate, just enter anything into real name, I don't want or need your name. As for birthdate, the only reason it asks is to make sure you are over 13 yrs old.

When it goes through the ads asking for your cell phone number, there is a little link on the top-right that says 'PASS', click on pass 3 or 4 times and you'll be in without entering your number.

Again, I apologize for the issue and have now added finding a new forum provider to my to-do list.

#6 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

View PostMachiavelli, on 12 December 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

Sorry about that. Just went through the new user registration process myself and had no idea what it was like since I started the forum some years back. It is all freeforums doing, not mine.

As for real name and birthdate, just enter anything into real name, I don't want or need your name. As for birthdate, the only reason it asks is to make sure you are over 13 yrs old.

When it goes through the ads asking for your cell phone number, there is a little link on the top-right that says 'PASS', click on pass 3 or 4 times and you'll be in without entering your number.

Again, I apologize for the issue and have now added finding a new forum provider to my to-do list.

Thanks for getting on that so quickly, I appreciate it!

#7 Machiavelli

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

***FLASH***

Special Report from the Inner Sphere Times

***FLASH***

December 14, 3049---In an extremely rare move today, it was announced that

Mekwars4Ever is now live, ahead of schedule!!! It is very rare that anything

is completed on time in The Inner Sphere, much less ahead of schedule.

IST will continue following this breaking news story.

Download the client here:

http://205.134.227.1...4EverClient.zip

Further information can be found here:

http://mekwarsforeve...s.org/index.php

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users