Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

#2 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

Customization on certain parts on the mech, such as the head,ect? YES PLEASE!!!

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostRipper X, on 19 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Customization on certain parts on the mech, such as the head,ect? YES PLEASE!!!

OMG ALL OF MY MONEY

thats one way DOTA2/Valve makes bank

I think the problem they will come across with having to make multiple camo can be solved by locking the purchased custom geometry to its default look. (though they should build in ways to add camo compatibility down the line, as they have more time or more man power to add it later)

Edited by Tennex, 19 August 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#4 Igor Kozyrev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

Great! But there's one thing you're wrong about. Actually, we DO want all those cool stuff you're talking about (like avalanche) to impact the gameplay. Slow down mech when hitting trees, reduce damage when shooting throung trees, take damage from avalanche, hide under large volumes of water, slow down a bit when under water, etc, etc. Make us happy, add this stuff please.

Edited by Igor Kozyrev, 20 August 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#5 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:18 PM

Love those devlogs!

I see Denis has everything he needs at his desk lol.

Here is a serious cockpit item, those asian fountain with a bamboo stick that fall and knock down making a zen sound. I would really need that sometimes lol.

Edited by DAYLEET, 19 August 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#6 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

Girl riding a rocket?

Giving me hope here that I won.

#7 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

WOW! Nearly an hour for this dev vlog. Outstanding!

EDIT:

So, now that I have seen the dev vlog fully . . . I'm really pissed off. Very. Seriously. Pissed. Off.

1. You took a whopping 3 community questions. That was pitiful. There were many pages of good questions. Now, if most of those questions revolve around other people, then it should have been made more clear about what topics could have been covered. Regardless . . . the "community input" on this discussion was pathetic.

2. The discussion on Forest Colony was actually really hollow, and nothing that hadn't already been touched before. How about discussion on how the map was retrofitted? The short snippet on the collision meshes was actually really insightful. I wish the conversation revolved more around things like that.

3. The Serious Cockpit item contest wasn't very serious, and there weren't really many options given? Well, besides the fact that there were plenty of serious ones, my list on page one was just OVER A DOZEN SERIOUS ITEMS. For people who apparently never looked over their own contest:

Quote of my original contest post.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

Make a series of MechWarrior tokens/badges of honor/mementos, and practical items that a MechWarrior would have on hand. These are the first few to come to mind:

-A generic laser/gauss/auto pistol (semi-autos are replaced with small auto pistols by the time Battletech rolls around for standard military side arms).

-A stack of printed out letters from home with the proper Comstar Seal, seeing as they control all communications throughout the Inner Sphere, and inter-stellar communications are done like printed out emails/telegrams.

-A stack of generic pistol magazines/battery packs.

-An ammo can of generic 5mm caseless rounds or Gauss Pistol slugs.

-An officer's pistol, properly engraved and embellished as a sign of station.

-A Wakizashi blade as a badge of honor and station as a MechWarrior (I'd say Katana but that's probably too big for a basic cockpit item).

-A personal Re-breather/Gas Mask for use in cockpit seal breaches during hazardous conditions or having to eject in more hostile climates.

-A generic technical manual for a battlemech.

-A single or a small pile of fragmentation grenades.

-A personal Holo-vid player for those long and boring nights on garrison.

-A small tool kit with various small parts/tape/etc. sitting next to it.

-A spare MRE sitting on the dash of the mech.

EDIT: A few thoughts after taking a moment . . .

-A proper Katana of station as a MechWarrior or Officer could be put into a mech across the top of the mech cockpit, as a Mounted item (across where the Christmas lights and whatnot go). It'd be hanging off two mounting points.

-Same kind of mounted item could be done for a laser/auto/gauss infantry rifle. Have the Rifle hanging mounted and can of ammo/pile of magazines sitting as the standing item.

So none of those were serious? Or was at least my suggestion of the gas mask/rebreather the one taken as a winner? Regardless . . .

Saying that there really wasn't anything serious, and then basically spending the better part of a half hour mocking the community over it by making light of the whole situation was a slap across the face. Some of us actually wanted the serious items. Some of us would spend plenty of money on them. Some of us also followed the instructions of the contest and everyone else should have had their entries thrown out and/or deleted to keep the thread short and concise. Why bother with the contest if it was going to turn into this joke?

Edited by Sereglach, 19 August 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#8 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for picking my question guys!

#9 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Another nice Vlog, well done and nice to see new faces. But...

Where's Viona?

#10 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

I'm sorry but is that a DARN STALKER standing on the table :wub:

#11 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

22:48 "Oh man I wanna a choice of 10 different heads for the Atlas"

Yes good sir, I like it. :)

Guys the part when you discuss about the cockpit items is really funny, you made me laugh a lot, and it's really natural too like when you discuss with some friends in a pub, please keep it up, I really enjoy this new VLOG format.

Edited by Pepito Sbazzeguti, 19 August 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#12 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostPepito Sbazzeguti, on 19 August 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

22:48 "Oh man I wanna a choice of 10 different heads for the Atlas"

Yes good sir, I like it. :)

I feel like they should do it on a one on one basis. Meaning it shouldn't be like with camo, where you have to make a set amount available on release.

Special geometry should be made available as they feel like it, like with cockpit items

#13 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

Ahh...that was fantastic. I haven't laughed this hard at a dev vlog in ever. Poor, poor Dennis...all the toilet paper cats...

And yes. I think the assumption was that the loyalty Cent and Atlas and such, with the shield and head mods, were hard-baked geo that couldn't readily be altered. Dennis, man, you gotta say that this stuff is on the table - I'm pretty sure you're about to be inundated with requests for custom geo options now that people have a clue that custom geo isn't necesarily hard-baked into the models and can't be mucked with short a great deal of effort.

#14 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Great job!

Lots of good info and fun to watch. My daughter sitting next to me actually asked me what was so funny!

#15 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

The serious cockpit item part was really lame IMO. Most of what they talked about was pretty much the WTF section.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

I got a laugh or two. Great show. :)

Also Im glad to see that maybe some of the cockpit items coming up may be more sim like.

+1 for mech sim.

#17 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

• would pay money for customizable parts IE atlas heads or centurion sheilds
  • poor picks on serious cockpit items. this topic came up because there was not alot of serious items and I saw a lot of good ideas; but like others have said you basically mocked everyone who can read and understands the word serious
  • way to long

Edited by LordLosh, 19 August 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#18 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:37 PM

C'mon guys, lighten up. For every 'serious' item someone suggested in the SCI contest, there were fifteen "poodles in space helmets!" posts. Piranha can't spend a bit of time having a chuckle over that? Sit back, unclench, and relax. They'll get there.

#19 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

I want a mountable police bar on all of my mechs dammit

#20 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

The police lights will come when they release the Deputy Dawg Hero 'Mech.

Watch it happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users