113 replies to this topic

#81 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostThomasAH, on 20 August 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Thank you! To make it clear: My problem is not skin or nudity, rather the yet another stereotype of the muscular/cunning male of the ethnic majority fighting it out while the "girls" have to stay at home and look nice, even if the reality is like this.

Woh woh woh, hold on there. Also in the first battletech book: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lori_Kalmar

Even though she later kind of retired for family... and then took over the gray death legion. There were always female and male pilots in BT, some pinups wont change that. And I also would support male Pinups - as suggested before by Pariah :).

Female pilots still wear a cooling west - so not much to see there except some legs.

Edit: Btw, this aspect you mentioned freaked me out at battlestar galactica the orignal series. They made a big deal out of a female pilot squadron... Srsly... It were different times back in the 70s but still...

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 20 August 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#82 Evil Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Woo my locket won!

#83 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

I heard Pony there at the end...

Add to the list!

#84 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 20 August 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

I take it you're upset because you didn't win?

No. I'm angry because there were lots of good suggestions made despite all of the foolish and stupid suggestions that bloated the contest thread (which those should have been thrown out, quite frankly). I was using my own post as an example because it was right on the first page and had over a dozen options for them to talk about. There were MANY other good suggestions made that should have been major contenders, if not winners (holographic leaders of all factions, the holstered auto-pistol hanging item, the holo-reader with a ComStar INN logo on it, etc).

Instead they spent the better part of a half hour being just as childish and foolish as the people who destroyed the contest thread . . . and apparently the contest, as well.

#85 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

The second half of the video was hilarious with the item discussions! :D

...Wishing now that I had thought to suggest a dash-mounted holster with laser pistol. That would have been cool and "Serious." :lol:

Edit: So...are we getting bacon or not? :rolleyes:

Edited by Nightmare1, 20 August 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#86 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

Ugh... my parents ran slide nights that were more focused and interesting than that Vlog.

#87 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostSereglach, on 20 August 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

...they spent the better part of a half hour being just as childish and foolish as the people who destroyed the contest thread . . . and apparently the contest, as well.

PGI holds a contest to ask for serious suggestions .. only to have their staff spend a half hour discussing and rewarding silly alternative suggestions.

When they can't even follow their own contest rules, why should the rest of us?

From my perspective, silly cockpit items further break the immersion of what was supposed to be a sim-like Mech game.

#88 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 20 August 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

As for TIna, she's an adult. She can decide for herself if she wants to be objectified or not. I may not agree with the idea of doing so, personally, but that's her call and her call alone. Nobody should be telling her not to nor suggesting she do so. Her choice entirely.

Judging from her frantic backpedaling when the locket came up with the suggestion that her picture would be in it, I very much doubt that she wants to be objectified.

#89 Wayward Herald

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Awesome show :)

#90 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Haha, when it comes the the "serious" cockpit items!

Dennis face just say "what the heck" all the time xD

Edited by Frytrixa, 20 August 2015 - 04:09 PM.

#91 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:01 PM

Concerning the avalanche: Absolutely should be able to obscure 'mechs entirely. Install it in several places, and players can use it to their advantage, prompting more interesting tactical choices.

Understandable that you want to be cautious about this, but it's exactly the sort of environmental trait that would promote both actual role warfare (send the light fast 'mech up to trigger the avalanche while everyone else advances through/around it/in a different place) and choices other than 'everyone ball up and roll across'.

#92 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:54 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 20 August 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

In the books the TK assault rifels are discribed as shelless ammunition that shoots some kind of needles.

I dont know why you are even talking about AC's, back on your seat please.

Regarding sexuality discussion: I dont see the problem? Its not new that limited nuduitiy was and is around, even complete one. Only people thinking that it would make anyone to an object, do what they try to prevent: making women to objects. Its all in your heads, I dont need any [redacted] and withe knights around. if you dont like it don't buy it. The whole discussion is a huge joke.

Autocannons are the most popular ballistic weapon in batteltech ever since introduction and has a strong foothold even past the jihad era and with many variations, these include....

(standard) autocannons
Ultra Autocannons
rotary Autocannons
LB-X Autocannons
Light Autocannons
Hyper Autocannons

Also I should mention some of these are at 23 to 30 mm sizes, meaning an "Anti material" rifle so to say or a "infantry autocannon" may exist or at least a tripod/ mount. Speaking of which some Tanks got an autocannon on a pivot on top (unless it's a PPC/ gauss rifle/ LRM 20 which would be silly)

Also some infantry weapons in BT use case ammo such as this carbine, Posted Image
On top of that modern BT infantry still use WWII motors as well as crossbows and bows and arrows and lets not forget kurita still uses and trains with a Katana. Which is 'the oldest' ammo in BT universe you can imagine it as...

What else... oh, the specific bullet in game we see is the 12.7mm, which is quite popular for many US weapons between 1932 to 2015. Anti material rifles, machine guns, pistols, etc are quite commonly seen as a 12.7mm throughout history. Would be no surprise if the 12.7mm's is the common MG shells out there.

And the shell you see in game is just a

#93 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:53 AM

also those people who think a roll of toilet paper isnt an serious item, you all work in offices or something ? i drive trains for a living so whenever im out driving there not a toilet in sight and a roll of toilet paper is the one thing that is always in my "cockpit" not always in plain view but its always near at hand, not just for the obvious reason but also to clean up if i spilled my tea on a too rough a bump, or something to wipe my hands with after (de)coupling.

#94 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 20 August 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

I am glad he answered my question :)

However, i seriously wonder why they chose the bonsai tree over the toilet paper. It is something every MechWarrior would bring in a long campaign...

this, toiletpaper, is serious buisness at least for IS mechs, because they are deisgned for longer missions thy even have food for serveral days and a waste thingy where they can put litter and probably their feces into. Clans are not designed that way they are designed for shorter battles.

I hope, if they make a Bonsai, they probbaly use one of the ingame trees as miniatures. Maye make different ones, The redwoods as a small one and one of those purple trees from Hellbore Springs. This way the stuff has more MWO relation.
Also a small cubic crystal of Grim portico would be a nice souvenir to have in the cockpit.

View PostThomasAH, on 20 August 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Thank you! To make it clear: My problem is not skin or nudity, rather the yet another stereotype of the muscular/cunning male of the ethnic majority fighting it out while the "girls" have to stay at home and look nice, even if the reality is like this.

that "majority" does nto even realyl exists, thats what "feminists" try to suggest into peoples mind. Do all those models that make money with their bodies, or are superstars int he music be the "Houswife"? No they aren't. Also feminists want to be against this "stay at home" mentality. Shouldn't that also be every womans own choice? And naturallymost women decide to stay home when ther eis a baby incoming, because nature handled it that way since AGES. So unless males can give birth, and breastfeed its natures given job to a woman "stay at home" because such a 8 month prego belly is very comfortable at work and other activities.
Even further, the twisted mentality reaches so far, that womens start working again while having rather small kids, and for this hring another person (mostly women) to take care about their baby or toddlers. WTF? Our society tries do outrun our nature and many activistic groups today cover themselves under nonsense "equality" or "right activists" are also running mankind off the raisl, thats all. Most are some attention seeking people who are lazily writing nonsense blogs out of boredom. They should go to parts of the worlds where help is really needed. but they are either too lazy or scared for this.

Don't let them twist their mind, many women like to be sexy, because being desired and havign a control about men by these features is not a "stamped on stereotype" it is a strenght their gender has. And the envy of some women trying to tell them not to use this strength because they do not have it themselves.

Edited by Lily from animove, 21 August 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#95 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

We're talking about cockpit items?

The last thing this game needs is more useless stuff to clutter my vision with.

#96 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostIqfish, on 21 August 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

We're talking about cockpit items?

The last thing this game needs is more useless stuff to clutter my vision with.

lamer

but on a serious note, such things are important, because they keep money flowing to keep the game running and in development. And its a way better method than making p2w features.

#97 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 21 August 2015 - 03:52 AM, said:

lamer

but on a serious note, such things are important, because they keep money flowing to keep the game running and in development. And its a way better method than making p2w features.

You're talking about direct income.

I bet that this community would sink 5 times more money into this game if they worked on making it more fun, creating assets for new game modes for example instead of wasting their time modelling the third Kerensky medallion

Edited by Iqfish, 21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#98 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostIqfish, on 21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

You're talking about direct income.

I bet that this community would sink 5 times more money into this game if they worked on making it more fun, creating assets for new game modes for example instead of wasting their time modelling the third Kerensky medallion

They are doing this as well, but coding, testing and fixing takes usually longer than making a 3D asset.

#99 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 21 August 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

They are doing this as well, but coding, testing and fixing takes usually longer than making a 3D asset.

Oh well these advances are rather minimal...

I'm pretty burnt out on MWO right now. There is just nothing to do but more grind. CW does nothing add, new mechs? Is this pokemon? No thanks. New MM makes matches unfun... Not happy atm.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 21 August 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#100 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

View Postquantaca, on 21 August 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

i drive trains for a living so whenever im out driving there not a toilet in sight and a roll of toilet paper is the one thing that is always in my "cockpit" not always in plain view but its always near at hand, not just for the obvious reason but also to clean up if i spilled my tea on a too rough a bump, or something to wipe my hands with after (de)coupling.

I always wanted to be a train driver. But there were no vacancies in my city's rail service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users