Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

cicada, ice ferret

#22 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 19 August 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

You can build a Shadowhawk 2H with an XL360 that runs at 116.6 tweaked and carries a pair of AC5s, along with 4 tons of ammo. It's a terrible build, but you can do it.

for 2 ac/5 and i would suggest wolverine 6r, it has almost as ridiculous ac/5 quirks as dragon 1n, only 102 kmh with ~ a decent amount of ammo though (2 ac/5, 6.5 tons of ammo, 1ml, endo, dhs, 315xl, 1 jj)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a1d4d3f929bfcb2

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 19 August 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#23 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

I think the CDA-3M is the best option with an XL 280 and a single UAC/5. Can pull that DHS out for another ton of ammo too.

#24 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

Why do you want specifically

- a fast mech?
- a medium mech?
- a ballistic loadout?
- an XL?

Let alone combine all four?

Don't even think about AC/2's, they're terrible. Outstanding DPS per ton, but DPS per gun is low and heat is WAYY high, so it's a trash tier useless weapon. There's a mech or two quirked for AC/2 (BJ-1 and -1DC come to mind) and they're still terrible.

AC/5's on the other hand are great. The WVR-6R is fantastic right now, but it relies on it's huge 40% cooldown quirk, which might get gutted next patch or two. Enforcer can do dual Ultra's, but it's 100kph at best. Trebuchet can pack AC/5+PPC, or even Ultra, but I had absolutely no fun playing it - it's made from papier-mâche. One of the Centurions can go bloody fast and carry a ballistic, but it's a large mech so really not much point in sacrificing so much firepower.

Blackjack can carry an AC/20, but it barely goes faster than a Clan heavy. Hunchback can do the exact same minus jumpjets.

Cicada 3C can carry two AC/5s and run 113kph, but that's all it does. Not much ammo, no backup weapons. Cicada 3M however works great with UAC/5, ECM, and medium lasers. Can run faster than 120kph. Might be the mech you're looking for. CDA-2A is great with medium lasers and CDA-2B is great with medium pulses. I do recommend Cicadas, they're fun little mechs. They're 40-ton light mechs, really, just in the same way that the Kit Fox is a 30-ton medium mech.

#25 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

You want a fast Medium that hits hard and uses a Ballistic? No such mech exists to the specifics you are after, but I can get you something to what you want in that realm. Cicada X-5, 4x MLs and 2x A-SRM6s with 2.5 tons of ammo and a big enough engine to go over 130KPH when speed tweeked makes a great SRM bomber. You have to spend real money to get it and you play it like a Light (not like a cheeta or Firestarter) and you can do very well in it.
Hell, my brother who has never played this game decided to give it a try and said he was looking for a mech that was like X (I don't remember what he said specifically) I then showed him to my X-5 and told him the pro's the cons and everything in between I can think of and when he took that thing out, man, he was wrecking face. Out of all my mechs I have that one mech is the one he loves the most.
Now I know there are those on the forums that poopoo it for what ever their reasons, some reasonable, some not, to each their own. But for my brother and I, as well as other people on the forums, the X-5 is a wonderful mech. The fact that you have to pay real money to get it is its only real down side. No, its not P2W but its a good mech when you figure out how to use it.

Edited by Coralld, 19 August 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#26 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

YLW goes 107kph with a fastfire AC20 still one of the best mediums in the game really.

Other than that Cent-D with UAC5/MLs and fast XL engine could get you there....can't fit as much ammo as you need without taking from elsewhere so a bit of a paper tiger....I use a Cent-A with UAC5/3SRM4/2ML goes 92 and can dps up close with any mech over time as the UAC5 is heatneutral.

Don't mind that AC2 hater above.....AC2s actually outdps laservomit and supposedly laservomit is the goto meta. I've loaded a Cent-AH with a 3AC2 build and can beat up any clanner 1v1 with it pretty easily. If I was really crazy I'd try and papertiger it with a 3AC2/3SRM2 build but I'd gimp out my 9 tons AC2 ammo for sure......would outdps pretty much anything except a DW....but it couldn't take a hit:)

First match with a 2AC2/3SRM2 9-AH build 98kph. 5 kills/5 assiss 720 damage 525 match score....everyone else sub 300....

Edited by Murzao, 20 August 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#27 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

The best combination of speed and weapons in a medium mech is definitely the Blackjack BJ-1X. It goes up to almost 120kph and mounts 8 medium lasers. Highly recommend this one over the other mediums that go this fast!

Here's a 1v1 video from the perspective of a Griffin that I took out with my BJ-1X:

https://youtu.be/vrWe8jQON9g?t=1m30s

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 20 August 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#28 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:11 AM

Pick me!

#29 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:17 AM

Cicada or Ice Ferret I think I am not in game to check but those would be my guess. As for the weapon load out doubtful ... but maybe the 3M ECM AC2 and biggest xl engine might.

Edited by clownwarlord, 20 August 2015 - 06:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users