96 replies to this topic

#1 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

"... unless you're gonna play hard"

said to us last night by our 1337 teammates after we lost to a 12 man

I didnt realize the group queue was for 1337 units only. Yea, I guess we should apologize for ruining your group queue with our non-cheese mechs

So,
I'm sorry! Can you please forgive us for wanting to play with the big boys?

#2 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

That's when I drop in my PPC locust and type in the chat: "I'm meta!!"

#3 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

Those same "persons" (can't call them *******....it's politically incorrect) can be found in CW. Then later, they bellyache about the lack of players.

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

They should maybe form a bigger group if it bothers them so.

#5 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostcSand, on 02 September 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

"... unless you're gonna play hard"

said to us last night by our 1337 teammates after we lost to a 12 man

I didnt realize the group queue was for 1337 units only. Yea, I guess we should apologize for ruining your group queue with our non-cheese mechs

So,
I'm sorry! Can you please forgive us for wanting to play with the big boys?

I'm so going to laugh my butt off when there's no one for the 12 mans to stomp anymore because people got tired of their crap and finally left.

Hell, people from those 1337 12-man groups have already been complaining there's no one in CW for them to lol-roll over.

I wonder how long until this carries over to the regular side of the game? Will PGI finally take notice of this crap then?

#6 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostcSand, on 02 September 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

...and they wonder why almost nobody wants to play there.

#7 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 02 September 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Those same "persons" (can't call them *******....it's politically incorrect) can be found in CW. Then later, they bellyache about the lack of players.

These persons were from a fairly well known unit

Granted we weren't exactly polite about it, so I'll give them a little credit.

#8 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

I know allot of people taht cringe whenever they hear "get locks for the LRM boat please" in group queues and no, none of them are "tryhards".

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 02 September 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I'm so going to laugh my butt off when there's no one for the 12 mans to stomp anymore because people got tired of their crap and finally left.

<steps out of the shadows>
Psst! In this paricular instance, the 12-man was not the problem.>
<steps back into the shadows>

#10 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

I was in a match a month or so ago when some jerk on my team was telling everyone to "uninstall" and "forget playing MWO" because "you all suck". Sadly, the loudmouth was the last guy alive on our team and he was in a speedy maggot and eventually earned most damage points with about 400, iirc.

I suggested he put his score and "1337 skillz" on his resume and he didn't say much beyond that. He was one rude SOB.

#11 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

"sorry you are so lacking in social skills you couldn't fill out your own little 12 man. Perhaps you should work on those diplomacy skills. I'd recommend the book, How to Win Friends and Influence people."

#12 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostLugh, on 02 September 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

"sorry you are so lacking in social skills you couldn't fill out your own little 12 man. Perhaps you should work on those diplomacy skills. I'd recommend the book, How to Win Friends and Influence people."

hey that's a good book! :lol:

#13 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

Well they got you riled enough to come here and vent.

Just tell them to grow up and exit the match. If they persist in the next match(should you happen to be unlucky enough to drop with the same people) then you have grounds to report for harassment to PGI.

I have only had to do that ONE time ever in years of playing, some juvenile in his TBR mouthed off to my pug team of all things and I told him to stuff it(his score was in the bottom 20% of the team) and he decided to start TK'ing me in the next drop. People are people, some will rage, just tell them they are acting like an angsty 14 year old and move on.

#14 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostKira_Onime, on 02 September 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

I know allot of people taht cringe whenever they hear "get locks for the LRM boat please" in group queues and no, none of them are "tryhards".

I really don't understand how hitting R is so hard. It gives you more experience, and also gives you better targeting data so you can more effectively dispatch enemies.

I know I would prefer it if everyone just CT'd things, however, they aren't always as accurate and may have exposed a side torso instead, and it just might be the one that has all the weapons on the mech on it. And if you'd have hit R you would then take that torso and all it's weapons instead of slamming in to a mostly intact CT. And those two Exposed ST are far easier to kill than the most intact CT as well.

All this knowledge from hitting R. You get immediate feedback on the ragdoll condition. AND it earns you cbills and EXP..

#15 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostEldagore, on 02 September 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Well they got you riled enough to come here and vent.

Just tell them to grow up and exit the match. If they persist in the next match(should you happen to be unlucky enough to drop with the same people) then you have grounds to report for harassment to PGI.

Eh I wouldn't report, I don't consider "being a bunch of self important jerkoffs" to be grounds for reporting :lol:

but I think a lot of these big units need to realize this isn't their game, it's everybody's

#16 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

i've always said, 12 mans should only fight 12 mans, 6 mans should only fight 6 mans, and 4 mans should only fight 4 mans, and 2 man groups should be paired with other 2 man groups.

#17 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostLugh, on 02 September 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I really don't understand how hitting R is so hard.

You assume wrong from the beginning of your post so I'll go off of this and not the rest. *and yes I have read all of it *

It's absolutely wrong to assume that hitting "R" is hard, it's the fact that you know your team is already down a member.
Yeah you can argue you can get some good games in LRM boats here and there but in group queues, it's a different monster.
When you face off against competent units where ECM is all over the board as well as radar derp modules, that LRM boat on your team is dead weight at worst or a meat shield at best.
It also comes down that the LRM boat is using a sub-optimal weapon system compared to ballistics or energy weapons.

Again, LRM can work from time to time but they are an inconsistent, sub-optimal weapon system in a meta where pin-point accurate damage reigns on top. *for now*

PS: It's also quite frequent that I don't lock on to targets in the middle of a fight. I'll often be using info my team is telling me or just go from general knowledge of the mech and knowing where the weak spots are.

#18 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

Give them what they want and go to the Metal Gear Solid 5, Witcher 3, and Shadowrun queue.

Let them sit waiting hours for matches, shrug.

There's way too many A-list games out right now to bother with minimally viable garbage and the jackasses who dwell in this trash heap.

Edited by Lootee, 02 September 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#19 Lady Adahna

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

group que sort of sucks. I have a friend who likes to play but group que is go hard or go home. meta it up and you better know. The friend likes to play with me and so much on there own, being able to teach them more in a duo que in pug would better than getting bodied by groups, It really sucks.

#20 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

this will be so epic when half of those group members end in a lower tier and the whole unit has only 2-3good players that carry all the time.
I know at least 3 units where it is exactly like this, but don't think the good ones are the loudest on chat...

Edited by 627, 02 September 2015 - 10:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users