Need a new PC to run MWO?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

In celebration of my 100th post, I thought I get the word out about how you can get a great deal on a new computer.

Tigerdirect.com

They have some truly amazing deals, including ones you assemble yourself. Check them out and happy savings. Feel free to mention any other sites with savings. After all, we all like saving money.

#2 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

Correct you are
Congrats on the 100 posts

There are many other sites avail too (newegg.com is a fav of mine)
I have been a Tiger customer MANY times in the past and thanx to MWO (and my yearning to play said title) I will be visiting Tiger once again in the near future. My Laptop (only 1 year old or so) probably wont handle the game ( the vid card, altho very nice, may not be enough).
I have been a Tiger member (you dont have to be a member to purchase or get on their mailing list) for many years and I have been watching closely their emails and they have had some nice do it yourself boxes come up at very good prices. Just add OS (and in some case vid card) and boom you are MWO ready.

#3 HSSG MaddogK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Got the PC, how much for the OS ?

#4 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Tiger NewEgg Amazon (I think) and MANY others offer Win 7 at a somewhat discount price.

IF you are a student, you should be able to get WIN 7 through your schools book store or an online discounted resale location (something like www.weselltoschoolsrealcheapsobuyithere.com <NOT REAL WEB SITE) for a pretty reasonable price.

your are looking at 100$ +/- some.

Good luck!

#5 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Another bump on this thread with support for NewEgg. Outside of monoprice.com for cables, I will sometimes buy from NewEgg at a higher price (within reason) because I have such a good personal track record with their speed and reliability.

#6 EGH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

honestly i like www.directcanada.com much better than tiger direct/ncix.

prices are generally lower and never had an issue with them

Edited by EGH, 13 July 2012 - 09:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users