#1 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

I miss dragon bowling, and light pilots that actually had to know how to pilot not just run into other mechs willy nilly withough fear or forethought. I miss Atlas' crushing medium mechs against terrain. Most of all I miss seeing Paul get knocked over again and again.

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

I pilot mostly lights and the Vindicator and i approve. I'd love it if collisions came back.
That way i'd suck less because i stay away from everyone if i got a choice.....even my teammates....or should i say especially my teammates.
I'd also love it if i was allowed to start the match 100 meters away from them so i can avoid being shoot in the back by those who wants to "test" their weapons before seeing the enemy.

#3 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

well if pgi can get it right then maybe its worth while having it, the current attempts this last few months have been less than stella stuttering and rubber banding at the slightest contact which goes on to do ten times more damage than the first contact ..

#4 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

I'd love to see physicals added into the game. Charging... death from above... punches... kicks... hatchets... swords... etc.

Posted Image

Edited by ScreamingSkull, 23 August 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#5 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

http://www.myfreewal...rutal-punch.jpg

(can't post image :c)

Seriously, I know you clan haters would love to do this in game to a Warhawk.

Edited by ScreamingSkull, 23 August 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#6 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

I can't imagine how that would turn out with 12 players instead of 8, the tendency to always deathball and the fast and heavy clanmechs... it would be glorious.

#7 Namouche

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

That and concussive effect of weapon hit, as it was with all mech games right from 1989: you take a massive hit, your gyro goes offbalance and your mech falls to the ground. I still remeber a raven skiding for 50meters after receiving 4 lbx10 in da face. Nowadays a locust gets hit by an AC40 and walks away, or a cheeto gets hit by doublegauss in mid air and don't even loose its bearing. strange physics, and absolutely no need for advanced gyros.
Hell, back in 1989 when I ran my jenner against a battlemaster I falled down!

Edited by Namouche, 23 August 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#8 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH Dragon Bowling! I'll need to get caps on my teeth from all the grinding.

If knockdowns come back, they will need to be implemented very, very carefully.

The mech blocking code that recently appeared caused enough outrage to force a rollback. How will the rage be when you add getting knocked down by friendlies into that?

#9 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 23 August 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH Dragon Bowling! I'll need to get caps on my teeth from all the grinding.

The mech blocking code that recently appeared caused enough outrage to force a rollback. How will the rage be when you add getting knocked down by friendlies into that?

The rage would be glorious to behold.

*knocks down several Arctic Cheetahs from own team*

Glorious.

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Collisions, knock-downs, REAL JJs, and Death from Above; these are the things of which REAL MechWarrior is made of.

Sadly, until we get them, this game will just remain a MechWarrior copy in appearance, but not in spirit.

#11 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostMors Draco, on 23 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

The rage would be glorious to behold.

*knocks down several Arctic Cheetahs from own team*

Glorious.

*an Atlas reverses down the ramp on mordor and sends the entire team sprawling*

lol, ok, i'm sold. We need a reversing beeper cockpit item.

#12 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

For anyone new browsing the forums, we had knockdowns, they weren't the greatest but they were much better than what we have now. The reason we no longer have knockdowns:

#13 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 23 August 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

If this gets reimplemented I cann't wait to side swipe some lights on their ass with my King Crab. Just thinking about it is making me smile ear to ear.

#14 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 23 August 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

For anyone new browsing the forums, we had knockdowns, they weren't the greatest but they were much better than what we have now. The reason we no longer have knockdowns:

lol, that's not the only reason, hilarious that it was.

Many of the competitive teams at the time had two Jenners with the sole purpose of perma knocking down hard targets like an Atlas.

Knockdowns make sense in slower paced combat (say if weapon reloads were 10 seconds) but in MWO, where two quick alphas can eviscerate any mech (and one alpha can kill any light) it would be an instant death sentence - especially for lights (and probably most mediums), who can only really make money through knife fighting. Lights only survived in the old knockdown days because the hitboxes of mechs on the ground were practically non-existent.

It's why i'm leery of reintroducing them, because if we marginalize lights any more than they already are, and we'll have this:

Posted Image

#15 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Um, no.

Imagine if the crappy hit-reg was now applies to collisions and movement, because that's what you'd get. Suddenly, you're knocked over because that mech 30-meters away was actually on top of you, or so the server claims. Oops, you just got crushed by an ally. Next up, getting stun-locked repeatedly... and on and on it goes.

No, that type of mechanic simply does not work in a game like this, and doubly doesn't work when you have to consider high ping, mediocre hit reg, and so on.

#16 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 23 August 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

lol, that's not the only reason, hilarious that it was.

Many of the competitive teams at the time had two Jenners with the sole purpose of perma knocking down hard targets like an Atlas.

Knockdowns make sense in slower paced combat (say if weapon reloads were 10 seconds) but in MWO, where two quick alphas can eviscerate any mech (and one alpha can kill any light) it would be an instant death sentence - especially for lights (and probably most mediums), who can only really make money through knife fighting. Lights only survived in the old knockdown days because the hitboxes of mechs on the ground were practically non-existent.

It's why i'm leery of reintroducing them, because if we marginalize lights any more than they already are, and we'll have this:

Posted Image

Knocking over an atlas with a jenner wasn't the simplest of things though, you had to jumpkick them in the dome-piece. As to the queue, I largely stopped playing lights because knockdowns were removed, the risk made it fun. I will agree that the game pace was slower and more forgiving back then though.

#17 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

As long as the knockdown mechanic did not act like a stun mechanic leaving mechs totally helpless. Sure. Even in tt you could shoot at targets while prone. Just not very well and limited view. That could be enough to stop the problems often seen with kd.

Look up Jenner Bowling on youtube to see why it was removed.

#18 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Paul says no

View PostKiiyor, on 23 August 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

lol, that's not the only reason

When it happened in CB the thought was that the dev build was two weeks more advanced than what we were playing. That match happened and two weeks later they ripped out collisions.

But that wasnt why

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 23 August 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#19 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

I need to know why they won't let me breakdance in my Spider.

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

The assaultwarrior mentality is so stronk in this thread.

Goliath said:

David is overpowered. Please nerf him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users