#1 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

Talking with members of the italian community, some think that nowadays c-bill rewards are too low, even when doing a lot of damage, kills, assists, etc.

Compared to a couple of years ago, there is a lot more stuff to buy, and new players especially need to make money fast enough. Well, i would never propose to remove the grind, which is necessary in this kind of game, of course, but maybe this situation could be improved adding some new bonuses.

Some are my own ideas, other have been suggested by other players:

-Revenge: i think many FPS game have something like this, a teammate gets killed in, say, 300 meters from you, you kill his killer and get this bonus; imagine something like "This PPC is for my friend!!" kind of things ;)

-Survivor: honestly, i think there is already some kind of survivor bonus, but i am not too sure. Maybe, it could be added a bonus for the remaining % of mech health, hoping that it does not discourage brawling too much but, at the same time, discourages Rambo-ing into the enemy team getting killed in seconds;

-Focus fire: tuning the variables, basically it is awarded when you are firing on a 'Mech that was fired upon by an ally within X seconds. Encourages focus fire!

Then, with the necessary tuning to prevent farming and abuse, you could add AMS bonuses, sneak attack .. I would like to hear your suggestions.

Last but not the least: i like everything that differentiates a bit Clan vs IS factions, and bonuses should be a part of it. I do not know if it is technically possible or easy, but it would be cool if Clan-aligned players had a different set of bonuses: for example, reflecting their 1vs1 mentality, kills could be awarded to those that do the most damage , something that works well enough in War Thunder, if you have played it (so you can finish off a very damaged plane but the kill will go to the one that damaged it the most) with a bigger bonus for solo kills and a smaller one for "focus fire" kills.

Thoughts? Ideas? Are the rewards fine? Do they need to change?

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

I've had matches with over 250k c-bills without premium.
With premium I've seen people get almost 400k c-bills in one match.

That being said, it's important for new players to get money without having to be as experienced as most users.

So I'd suggest a set of specific bonuses to be in place after the first 25 matches, let's say, up to 150 matches, where only those players are eligible to get them.

This would definitely help the new players a bit more as it would also prevent for the most experienced players to get huge amounts of c-bills each match.

If sometime in the future R&R gets implemented again, then might make sense to add some extra c-bill bonuses to everyone, but for now just makes it easier for experienced players to work around the MC-CBills packages. I mean, PGI needs people to spend money on the game and with a higher amount of cbills per match than it is right now, would just be like shooting themselves in the foot.

#3 Frattak

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

You should also consider that there isn't a bonus for headshots or for the battle time(the lower,the better).

#4 Kaargh

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:47 AM

Agree with Frattak, the battle time is a good add too

#5 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:00 AM

You earn too little when it works well !.

As it is now the game:
Modules (6000 000cb)
Engines (if XL> 4000 000cb) ...
and ...

Who plays well should earn more ...

In real life, a person who does a good job I'll pay more!
the headshoot are almost impossible to do, and there is no reward for it.

There is no reward for those who have avenged their own friend (Same Faction / Corp.)

There is no reward for those who play the "scout", the longer you keep the enemy at gunpoint, the more you earn money.

If a Light, kills an Assault must have a bonus ... and the other way around.

CW / Invasion mode, if a player ends the game with a single Mech .... Other mech has not used so I'm NEW ---> REWARD for him.

Whereas the minimum of 250 damage to player:
250 Damage: 50 cb = 500 damage: --- x> x = 100 cb
if x = 1000 damage 200cb
1000 damage are MANY, you helped your team, so you get paid well !!!

The money you win must be scalar.
More good you are and the more you earn ... this will stimulate the PREMIUM (real money)!

Do 1400 damage and take 200 cb ... is a joke?
1400 damages are damages of 2 players, are many!
WHERE IS THE MONEY?

Posted Image

Edited by XtremeAlex, 25 August 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#6 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

I'm certainly not averse to having new bonuses added. With all the new things to buy, and more to come, they need to ease the grind at least a little bit. A few comments on your current ideas, though:

-Revenge: Perfect idea. They've already got Savior kill . . . make Revenge equal in c-bills and xp. It makes it a kind of "almost savior".

-Survivor: No . . . just . . . no. Good concept, but it would encourage far too much cowardly combat tactics that would lower match quality in the game. Especially if it was a sizable bonus.

-Focus Fire: Good idea. They can use similar limiters and concepts to things like the "protected light/medium" bonuses for focusing fire. Award it every so often when you hit a target that was hit within 3 seconds by a fellow teammate.

-AMS: To me, this should have been in a LONG time ago. Put in AMS Damage c-bills (like 5 c-bills per missile shot down). Then put in AMS Protection c-bills (extra 5 c-bills per missile shot down that was aimed at someone else. It gives those chassis with 2-3 AMS systems a good reason to provide protection for the team.

Although I don't have a lot of time right now, one idea I'd say really needs to be implemented is a minor bonus for ECM coverage (akin to the "Lance in Formation" bonus, which is small to begin with).

I'll give it some thought and come back later with other ideas. Regardless, I do agree that c-bill earning rates do need to be improved. Not by a huge margin, mind you, but at least 10-15% or so (we don't need to see a huge boost of 30-50% base earnings).

Edited by Sereglach, 25 August 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#7 Kaargh

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:35 AM

Ah, and a bonus for 12-0 wins.... Not so notable, but something

#8 Kakpraatjies

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

For survivor, make the reward propotional to the damage you made. if you're on 100% health with 0 damage, even deduct some cbills. But do something like you get cbills for x% of the damage you did if you survive. you can even add a nice spin to it and increase it if you have MORE damage. e.g. a guy with 400 damage and 1% health gets a nicer bonus (purple heart) than a guy with 400 damage and 100% health. Overall, I think most bonusses can be set to taper off as you become more experienced. Maybe on frist game a kill gets you loads, but after 100 games a kill is a lesser reward. All bonusses can have that deminishing returns formula where after 200 games until infitiny you get the 'minimum' bonus. Alternatively you can cap it by total. first 100 kills give you big bonus, after that the next 100 kills less and then the minimum for 1000 and over.

#9 FiglioDiBatman

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAstrocaszy

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

Anybody knows the current rewards payout for each of the ingame actions?

#10 wexo ita

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Add rewards for 12-0 and rewards for encourage CW

#11 Mardek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

+1

#12 plaguebreath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 101 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Everyone (Xtreme) talk about damage reward but no one talk about tons of mech in the formula. If I drive a whalewolf it's pretty common to do big damage, but do the same with a a mech with less dps and less tons and u get more money and yeah I agree too on Ecm bonus money too. Stated that I'm pretty sure Pgi will do nothing about cbills because otherwise no one will buy premium time as well as Mc.

#13 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:33 AM

Add a "gambling" system at the end of the matches that gives random rewards (modules, engines, weapons, no MC stuff) would improve the experience of all new and old players alike while also motivating people to play more

Win match -> open reward box -> new engine/module -> sell item for cbills/ buy new mech to fit engine/module

No real rewark on the reward system, still, better rewards.

win-win

#14 Lanadon Conners

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn a Dropship in Orbit above you

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

I would love to see a return to the Old Mech Warrior days (yes I know PGI has no affiliation) where there was random "Salvage/Gift" added at the end of the match on top of the C-bills. Solo Kill/head shot = higher Prob of say an engine as salvage. An extra Pulse laser or even a cockpit item our techs pulled from an enemy mech would be fun and add a bit of mystery after the battle. Unexploded Ammo, undamaged heat sinks.. Remember .. SALVAGE and Cost was always important and It was easier for a House to print off a Billion Credits than it was to replace a Fully functional Battle mech at times.

Granted, after a month or so, it would end up being a lot of "junk" a player may never use, but selling it off would pad the bank.

#15 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Ok, so, had some time to think about this; and now I have a little more time to post. My previous comments still stand with minor edits for grammatical purposes. However, here are a few other ideas I've had.

1. Heat Damage: I'm a pyro and I love my flamers . . . you should have known this one was coming, since I was coming back to post more. Provide a minor bonus, basically 5 c-bills per point of heat damage inflicted with weapons such as Flamers (and later . . . possibly . . . inferno missiles, Plasma Cannons/Rifles, etc.). Also, it lets people see exactly how much heat they were actually inflicting during a match. This will obviously also be better implemented once the Flamer reengineering is completed (Come on, Paul, it's been February since we've heard anything about them). This reinforces the belief that their heat damage is actually helping the team.

2. Sucker-punch Damage: 20% bonus c-bills (basically 1 extra c-bill per point of damage) against targets that are shut down. This has a two-fold effect. First, it teaches people to target those who make the mistake of getting themselves shut-down and helpless (sound tactical policy). Secondly, it teaches people a bit more heat discipline, because they know that getting shut down makes them a big glaring target.

3. Sucker-punch Kill: A nominal c-bill bonus (not unlike a savior kill) for killing a mech (or assisting in the kill) while it was in an overheat shutdown state. This helps reinforce the same lessons of #2. Make bonuses teaching points as much as rewarding sound tactics.

4. Base Defensive and Offensive Kills: While we already have them, they only ever happen if you happen to kill an opponent while standing WITHIN the little base square. Sadly, the current implementation ensures that these bonuses are almost never seen. The radius for this (in order to make it more appealing) should be within the "Brawling" bonus's range of the base (which I believe is something like ~300m).

This makes combat in and around bases (assault) and capture points (conquest) far more tantalizing. It also encourages smarter and more defensive play by having things like fire support (like LRM boats) hovering in closer proximity to bases; while at the same time encouraging more aggressive play by lights and mediums that can quickly move into proximity of enemy bases and capture points. All-in-all people will fight more tactically if this is a sizable bonus worth fighting for.

5. Held Lock Bonus: Yes, I'm proposing it . . . because too many people don't use their magic "R" key -or whatever their target lock is- to actually lock onto what they're shooting at. Put in a minor bonus (500 c-bills a tick or so) for every 5 seconds that you're holding lock onto the target you're actively shooting at (hit within last 3 seconds . . . which covers most weapon cooldowns), after you have target info. For people who pick targets and focus fire on them this will be an easily earned payout. For other people it will teach target discipline. This may be the most programming intensive bonus to implement of the list, but I think it would be worth it.

6. Head-shot kill bonus: Mentioned already in this thread, but it's an extremely valid and worthwhile reward. These don't happen often, and when they do, they should receive a respectable reward for it. Personally I'd say make it the same bonus as a solo kill, since it happens so rarely.

7. Marksman Bonus: Make this an end of match reward that gives 100 c-bills per % accuracy a player has during a match to be calculated within the nearest hundredth %, just like the player stats, and rewarding partial credit for a partial percent. This provides a maximum bonus of 10k c-bills if a player has 100% accuracy, and provides 0 c-bills if the person never fires a shot (thereby having 0% accuracy). This teaches better aiming discipline and less spray-and-pray tactics aka "laser vomit" and "fire all the dakka".

8. Weapon Destruction: Destroying a component is one thing. However, the difference between ripping off the shield arm of a Yen-Lo-Wang and crippling (either through destruction or via internal damage crits) the ballistic arm of the same mech are two very different stories. Provide a flat 1k c-bill bonus per each weapon destroyed on a mech (again, whether through taking the component or getting internal crits . . . either works). This encourages players to actively learn and pick out the parts of mechs that carry the heaviest payload on the cassis. It also promotes build diversity, because cookie cutter builds will be quickly identified and disarmed. It also gives the machine gun carrying mechs a monetary reason to be happy that they shred internals.

9. Disabling Blow: Provide a modest payout (equal to a kill assist) for destroying the last functional weapon on a mech. Granted, this cannot be earned off of too many builds (and impossible to earn from zombie capable mechs), so it's a modest bonus for those instances where you strip a mech of all functional weapons. At that point, the mech is virtually already dead, and no longer provides a substantial combat threat. You "killed" it, but you didn't . . . so it's a very situational and mild stacking bonus.

10. Lineman/Tanking Assist: Provide a respectable payout (stacking with a kill assist) to any situation where you were taking the punishment from an enemy mech when someone else got the kill. This encourages brawlers to get in there, brawl, and be the front line of a match. Even if someone else gets the killing blow, you get credit for being the one taking the punishment. This also helps compensate big brawlers who don't get the "most damage dealt" or "brawling kill", but still were up front and in the action.

Edited by Sereglach, 25 August 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#16 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Agree with Sereglach ;)

#17 havoco

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

+1

#18 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

No in-game rewards or items for logging in should be given. We are playing a PVP, not a casual game for children.
All of the adjustments are good at the moment and should not be touched into the increasing side.

On the contrary, maybe it is a good idea to remove daily experience bonuses and cadet bonuses (the two things that made me almost quit the game at the time of their introduction).

Free stuff have no positive effect to the playerbase. It only feeds their greed to destroy a game even more.

#19 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostLunatic_Asylum, on 25 August 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

No in-game rewards or items for logging in should be given. We are playing a PVP, not a casual game for children.
All of the adjustments are good at the moment and should not be touched into the increasing side.

On the contrary, maybe it is a good idea to remove daily experience bonuses and cadet bonuses (the two things that made me almost quit the game at the time of their introduction).

Free stuff have no positive effect to the playerbase. It only feeds their greed to destroy a game even more.

First off, read the actual thread before making nasty snide remarks that have no place. . Your comments are terribly off topic, aside from the snide and distasteful attitude you present.

We're not talking about "free items" or extra "gimmies". We're talking about in-game, in-match ways to make the grind a bit more feasible and understandable, given the vast amount of mechs, modules, engines, weapons, etc. that people will be expecting to earn during their time playing the game. The more content you add (because contrary to popular belief, mechs, weapons, and modules -gameplay items- ARE content) that requires in-game currency to purchase, the more overwhelmed people will feel if they have nothing to help push them along at a reasonable pace.

The more massive the scale of items becomes (in this case things like mechs), the larger you need to push the in-game earning rate. It's not done by large amounts, mind you, but by smaller incremental portions that is proportional to the number of items added to the game. Simply put, you need to keep a respectable pace to compensate, as the game expands.

Regarding your off-topic ranting:
Spoiler

Now, with that said and done, try taking a deep breath, rereading the thread, and adding something constructive that's more on topic.

Edited by CyclonerM, 26 August 2015 - 03:26 AM.
Language

#20 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:09 AM

Damage done should get way higher additional rewards.
Match time also must be rewarded properly, cause many rewards are time based, if we stopm everything in 2 mins we will not get those, but we must have even higher reward cause we were able to end it so quick.
Mwo is a group game: stomp groups must be encouraged, actually grouped people earn less

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users