Weaksauce Mechs

26 replies to this topic

#21 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:07 AM

Sorry khorn but that has nothing to do with low armor and bad hit boxes on most the mechs making them almost 1 shot kills MWO mechs are weak and flimsy compared to past MechWarrior PC games.

#22 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 02 September 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Sorry khorn but that has nothing to do with low armor and bad hit boxes on most the mechs making them almost 1 shot kills MWO mechs are weak and flimsy compared to past MechWarrior PC games.

Put down that Bong Pappy, it is starting to affect your cerebral centers. ;)

#23 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

Almond said=(Put down that Bong Pappy, it is starting to affect your cerebral centers)

Dude are you crazy? That bong is the only reason I keep playing MWO from time to time it gives me the illusion MWO is a real BattleTech or MechWarrior game Bro.

Edited by PappySmurf, 03 September 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#24 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 03 September 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Almond said=(Put down that Bong Pappy, it is starting to affect your cerebral centers)

Dude are you crazy? That bong is the only reason I keep playing MWO from time to time it gives me the illusion MWO is a real BattleTech or MechWarrior game Bro.

:) It was that illusion of 1 shot kills you spoke of that had me worried about the Bong usage dude.

Getting one shotted in MWO has become a very, very, rare occasion (for me at least). What many seem to forget, maybe new players, is that a MWO BattleMech has more than just CT armor. Using up as much of that "extra armor" as well, imho, really improves ones TTD rate. ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 03 September 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#25 RedMercury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 223 posts
  • LocationChina

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

Aiming is just too easy in this game. In MUX, most skirmishing happens at BTH 9 or 10. Giving heavies BTH 8 on you was asking for trouble. Things didn't get under BTH 7 unless you committed your heavies. That, plus random hit locations, meant fights lasted quite a while.

I sort of miss one salvo kills, but only because I was on the giving end. Getting head shots was the thing I played MWO for; nothing else was really that fun around closed and open beta. With the heat penalties for group fire and the gauss charge mechanic, it is now fairly difficult to build a viable mech which can consistently remove a head with one salvo.

#26 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

Almond said =(It was that illusion of 1 shot kills you spoke of that had me worried about the Bong usage dude.)

LOL I have to agree it is far less % to get 1 shot anymore in MWO thank god but the mechs are still weak armored and weak hitboxes and lethargic compared to the tough nimble mechs of PC MechWarrior 4.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users