Group Queue Is More Ballanced Than Solo (Imo)

5 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:10 PM

When it comes to the new PSR sytem (for me), solo queue is the pits. You just never know what you're going to get. I have found that increasing the MM options for finding a match (i.e. all game modes and at least 2 servers) helps it place you with more equally skilled players. However, most of the time you spend the match screaming at your dog because he is the only one listening (I disabled VOIP to avoid yelling at team mates).

This doesn't seem to be a problem in group Queue. I have not had a single disappointing match when I have 4-8 of my friends dropping with me. Granted, it's probably because we communicate better and can predict each others movements. That isn't the only factor. We get better players and organized groups on our team and the enemy team.

I won't even play MWO anymore unless I have at least 4 other people to play with.

I guess the moral of the story is:

Play this game as a team and communicate. Use the "looking for group" tab and join a Ts server. Stay the hell out of solo queue if you can.

When I play at night I will be using LFG to form groups. I have a private TS channel. Any of you are more than welcome to join myself and my unit for drops..

Good luck. See you on the front lines!

#2 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

dont worry thatll change

Posted Image

#3 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

That's all great unless you are just playing with 1 or 2 friends in which case the group queue is a living hell of meta stomps

#4 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

I thought group queue was only for 4 or more player teams. I thought a group of 3 people would never drop in the group queue. If that isn't the case then it explains a lot!!

Edited by DjPush, 25 August 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#5 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostDjPush, on 25 August 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I thought group queue was only for 4 or more player teams. I thought a group of 3 people would never drop in the group queue. If that isn't the case then it explains a lot!!

If youre 2-10 (I dont think 11 can drop) or 12 youre in the group queue

#6 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

I was having a good time with decent results win or loose until today 8/25 us morning afternoon. I just started getting games with similar pull the BADS as with the ELO system. I have played enough group Q to tell when the other team effectively pushes through a weaker team. This feels more like lemmings off of a cliff.

There needs to be some multiplier or factor for the mech and the alpha/heat/range build (ie cheese)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users