6 replies to this topic

#1 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

So I recently revisited my Maulers. When I first mastered the 3 variants, I ran them all with ballistics, and stayed away from any LRM builds.

Now I am running the 1R® with this build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aeb840f3f51f69b

It is slow, but the nonstop fire of the 4XLRM 5's make it great to pin down enemy. I run them on chain fire as my third button (use the LRM5 cooldown module to eliminate the delay). The 2xAC10 pack a good punch and when coupled with the 2xML, lights have something to think about.

I have ran about 25 matches with this build and it is having great success. Even when I am not necessarily hitting with a ton of LRMs (bc of AMS and cover) it is still fun to watch the enemy icons move under cover and out of position. This is a great fire support build.

NOTE: Normally I refuse to use LRMs, especially on an assault

Edited by ExplicitContent, 23 November 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

I bring my 1R out now and again as well. Only one I have Lrms on. I run with 2 A-LRM 15s an 2 LPL. If you stick with the other assaults it is a blast. Most fun is when Lrm-ing lights who assume you are a boat and come rushing in. Then light em up with the LPLs and watch em run.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

Kind of odd, but I can see how it would work.

I'm levelling one at the moment with 4AC5 and 2ERL.

#4 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostAppogee, on 23 November 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Kind of odd, but I can see how it would work.

I'm levelling one at the moment with 4AC5 and 2ERL.

Yes, it's different but effective. With the 300 you will only cruise at not so speedy 59 kph. With the sustained fire of the lrns you can positively effect the battle field while en route. If you have the parts or bills, I would highly recommend it. I would not put Artemis on for lrm5. I have been trying to change my builds up a bit in anticipation of the rebalance. With the supposed srm fixes this variant might turn out to be a ridiculous brawler (more so than it already can be).

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

I did the opposite, started with LRMs and went to ballistics. This mech is so much dakka fun.

#6 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

View Postsycocys, on 11 December 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

I did the opposite, started with LRMs and went to ballistics. This mech is so much dakka fun.

Yes, so much fun.

So I had a lot of success running one of my Marauders with 2xLBX10, so i said to myself, "Self, why not put more LBX on a Mauler?"

And so I did. MAL-MX90 with 3xLB10X, 2xMPL.

All LB10X fired at once, no ghost heat. Shtogun blast of 30 every 2.5 seconds (~2.2 with cooldown module). Even games I feel I have done poorly in I have managed over 500 dmg and at least a kill. In a dozen or so games I have had 4 that were over 900 dmg. So much fun.

#7 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

My 3 favorite builds with them are-
1. 2 AC2 -- 4 AC5
2. 2 AC2 - 2 AC5 - 4 SRM6 (I swap between that and 3 AC5, 4 SRM4, better heat control)
3, Dual Guass - 6 ML

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users