4 replies to this topic

#1 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

I'll just put down bulletpoints that I've written down, so it will be expanded upon

-no Gauss charge indicator

This deserves a special mention in the weapons indicator as that has a special charge color and functionality.

-unlocking arms does not check for toggle arm lock option

When the tutorial discusses this, it looks for the default one... even if one is set up for the toggle version of arm lock.

-forced arm lock+throttle decay annoying

I don't like arm lock and throttle decay enabled during the tutorial. It should honor the settings you set up (the default settings assume they are on, and that's true for new players ONLY).

I also believe the weapon groups reset during the thing.. but I'll have to double check on that.

-needs to practice "breaking" after going @ full speed

What's missing from the driving portion is the ability to break, as that is a very important thing to learn despite having throttle decay enforced on you.

-after swapping mechs (swapped into HBK-4G), HUD info doesn't reappear

I had to power down+up to get the HUD info to reappear when swapping from the Thunderbolt-9S to the Hunchback-4G (Founders).

-game does not reset heat meter @ shooting gallery/"rapid fire"

The bulletpoint says exactly what it means.

-workaround is to just let the mech cooldown after round completed

The workaround says also exactly what it means. It is most notable if you overheat at the end of a round.

-0% "health" on turrets

I assume this is a HUD related bug.

I'll have more info to post later, when I get the chance.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 August 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#2 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

I noticed that music stops playing if you leave the tutorial and come back to the academy. I imagine that's a bug.

#3 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:03 AM

My Feedback is thatas a player that doesn't play much therefore consider myself a noob it seems starting in throttle decay is wrong it make it more difficult to manoeuvre.
it is not clear on some of the trials what the aim is sometimes it appears that for example the alpha strike and the one shot kills don't register. There is little of the breakdown of skills i.e practicing torso twisting first without bothering with legs and then progressing in a manner that will build skills these seem like all or nothing challenges or indeed demonstrations rather than tutorials.

#4 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:31 AM

Also many times the officers notification persists, like when you over heat , or shoot at him the notice never goes away.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

I have a few more notes to conclude the rest of my testing.

-no IS XL training (Targeting Practice)

It is worth a damn mention about how to kill a mech that has an IS XL engine. This is VITALLY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.

Even a off mention of how to disable Clan XL is worth a mention too.

-no backshot training (Targeting Practice)

Coring is not just about shooting the front CT, it's about shooting the back CT as well. It's certainly worth a mention.

-lasers not considered part of the one-shot detection (Targeting Practice)

For whatever reason, lasers are not really considered part of it... it didn't seem to work the way it should... (although I had my lasers grouped with Gauss, so that might be a related caveat).

-mechs in Gauntlet when shot stay disabled

I'm pretty sure this is obvious, and the mechs stay disabled in this mode.

-poor rewards in Targeting Practice (current max gained is 600 C-bills)

The rewards need to be like 100 times this value... at least you SHOULD be able to buy a medium laser with it (600 C-bills does you nada). This may include the attempted TK of the Captain and his "retaliation bonus" (perhaps mentioning that you'll need to buy a medium laser with the C-bills he's giving you).

-Running Core literally Gauntlet @ crit status

I think this is obvious, and while not a bug, but perhaps consolidating the mode into a "survival" option with a crit CT (hard mode) and non-crit CT (easy mode) would make things easier.

That should cover most of it.

Hopefully there is some actual radar training (it's indirectly targeting related), but involving ECM and LRMs.

Edit:

Also, race rewards were not covered in Achievements.

Edited by Deathlike, 28 August 2015 - 01:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users