No replies to this topic

#1 SirLankyIII

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

Excellent start with the tutorials! I especially love the fly in intro to the academy during basic training. It's a very nice touch and feels really slick, as does the new training UI.

There are a few bugs i noticed though
  • The mechs in the gauntlet don't turn back on after being disabled
  • Your mech doesn't come to a stop after the end of a gauntlet round, i found myself in the water after my first round.
  • The objectives in target practice don't always register, especially "one shot kill" which I've never been able to get
  • Some mechs in target practice are untargetable after respawning
  • The mech UI disappears when changing mechs, but can be fixed by powering on and off.
And some feedback!
  • The stats for the gauntlet and rapid targetting tests aren't immediately clear what they mean
  • The end conditions of both weren't completely clear either (although for the gauntlet that is a symptom of the AI mechs no turning back on leaving you with no threat)
  • For the gauntlet it might be worth having multiple paths so that each round is a little different
  • A versions of target practice with the mechs wandering around on pre-defined paths to make targetting components more of a challenge.
  • Weapons specific tutorials i.e. guass, uacs, lbx, crit seekers, lrms/ssrms
  • Tutorial on weapon ranges and damage fall off
  • Advanced movement tutorials i.e. jumpjets, masc and fall damage
Whatever you do, just keep on doing what you did with the basic training tutorial! That intro felt like the start of a real mission. Also keep expanding on the lore the training video started with. Perhaps a comstar database in on the home page, or a mech history tab in the mechlab for each mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users