Mech Swapping Bug

No replies to this topic

#1 AdrenaHawk

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:25 AM

Had a bug when switching mechs. Every so often the mech I switched from would remain at the swap location for the mech I changed to. I would be unable to interact with the mech until I killed it, where it would respawn at it's stand, but would then exhibit odd behavior, including being non-interactive.

Full report: Went into the Explore Academy and did the Rapid Fire course a few times, then decided to try switching mechs. I switched from the Thunderbolt to the Fang, then to the Hunchback, then the Ember, then the Firebrand. After the switch cutscene from the Ember to Firebrand, the Ember was still standing in front of my mech, so I shot and killed it and moved on. Switched to the Jenner and when I moved back over to where the Ember normally stands, it was hovering in mid air, laying down. I shot it and it fell to the ground, but didn't respawn. I then moved up to the swap location and was given the normal popups, but I couldn't target it or swap to it. Swapping to other mechs worked fine. Tried killing some of the other mechs and they all respawned and I was able to target/swap to them, but not the Ember. The fallen Ember was giving red reticle when shot, and firing on the arms and legs caused the destruction effect, but left the model intact. Was not able to destroy the Ember at all, even after more than 20 AC20 rounds to the CT.

Swapped into the Catapult, fired some LRMs, then swapped to the Thunderbolt. The Catapult was standing in front of my mech again. Cata remained powered up and neutral, no matter how far away from it I moved. Destroyed the leg and arm, then moved over to it's stand, and it was not there. Swapped into the KGC, the Cata is standing on the spot to swap to the Thunderbolt. I killed the Catapult, and it respawned at it's stand, perfectly fine, powered up when I approached and could be targeted, but I could not swap to it. Killed the Catapult again, and it respawned but still could not be swapped to.

Later, I was in the KGC and I moved over to the Hunchback and swapped to it, the KGC was now standing in front of me. Killed it, it respawned, I moved over to it's swap location, nothing. I power down and hit the swap button and it worked. The Ember and the Catapult are still not working though, so I don't know what's going on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users