Please Watch Firing Lines.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

If you are tucked away in the back, please try to avoid putting your damage into the backs of your friendlies on the front lines.

PSA from Lordred.

#2 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:19 PM

need to start hanging back with those in the back ... its the new way to play mwo .. if you can actually make out your enemy your doing it wrong .

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

I think I was on that match. :ph34r:

#4 Ral Brelt

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

Firing lines? Why do people need to worry about those...team damage is off, right? /sarcasm

#5 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Just come and brawl with me up in front, there's plenty of space.

#6 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

+1

The urge to shoot enemies can sometimes become so great that people decide to take the risk of shooting friendlies, but won't go so far as to take the risk of actually moving to a place where they enemy could shoot them first.

If you can't fire at the enemy because there are too many pesky friendlies clustered around, move.

Also, it's a two way street. If someone is set up in a nice fire position, don't claim jump. I've had people (NUMEROUS TIMES!) literally dive from above or JJ from the sides into the middle of a laser strike and then spend the rest of the match complaining about being shot in the back. I've also had people (usually aggressive higher tier players who should really know better) seemingly disregard the minimap entirely, and charge into battle as though the entire fight revolves around them and their desire to drive wherever they want and block whoever they want. Woe betide anyone who has the temerity not to get the hell out of their way.

Edited by Kiiyor, 29 August 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#7 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 29 August 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

+1

The urge to shoot enemies can sometimes become so great that people decide to take the risk of shooting friendlies, but won't go so far as to take the risk of actually moving to a place where they enemy could shoot them first.

If you can't fire at the enemy because there are too many pesky friendlies clustered around, move.

Also, it's a two way street. If someone is set up in a nice fire position, don't claim jump. I've had people (NUMEROUS TIMES!) literally dive from above or JJ from the sides into the middle of a laser strike and then spend the rest of the match complaining about being shot in the back. I've also had people (usually aggressive higher tier players who should really know better) seemingly disregard the minimap entirely, and charge into battle as though the entire fight revolves around them and their desire to drive wherever they want and block whoever they want. Woe betide anyone who has the temerity not to get the hell out of their way.

but thats how you play this game ... get outta my way i got things to shoot.

Edited by nitra, 29 August 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#8 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:33 PM

View Postnitra, on 29 August 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

but thats how you play this game ... get outta my way i got things to shoot.

Followed closely by "YOU ASKED FOR THIS" and removing a friendly arm.

"ZOMG 45 TEAM DAMAGE PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO STAY OUT OF MY WAY"

#9 Cranky Poed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

But...you guys up front move around a lot..

#10 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

People don't utilize H and N enough. It helps a lot for avoiding friendly fire (imo).

#11 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:30 PM

Why do we still have these types crossing you on the front instead of going from the back?

This is what happens when you cross on the front. Plenty of people doing it and then complain they end up taking friendly damage.

This is HOW YOU NOT DO IT:

Posted Image

Edited by Sarlic, 29 August 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#12 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

My favourite is when an enemy mech looks close to going down and half the team rush to hug him and try to take the kill.

This is understandable (but never forgivable) near the end of the match but near the beginning it is head shaking.

#13 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PostJabilo, on 29 August 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

My favourite is when an enemy mech looks close to going down and half the team rush to hug him and try to take the kill.

This is understandable (but never forgivable) near the end of the match but near the beginning it is head shaking.

Posted Image

B-B-But everyone wants the same kill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users