• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostLuca M Pryde, on 29 August 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

Nice.

Wow, this thread just got hijacked by IS...

Well to be fair, the next clan pack was just announced, unless Pgi decides to change things up, the next mech pack will be IS.

#42 Logan Frost

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

If we fudged the glacially stagnant timeline a bit for IS mechs a bit I'd be pretty happy. The first gen Omnis were all rather terrible mishmash builds anyways.

Personally, I'd play the hell out of the Strider IF they give it some serious energy heat buffs or let it use DHS. I loved the little ******* in MW:3 but MWO has basically made single heatsinks useless if you arent heavy enough to carry two dozen of them on a ballistic heavy mech.

IS mechs I'd love to see:

Light:
Owens- Basically a Omni Jenner.
Flea- Honestly, the Lolcust has to be lonely.
Firefly- Just one of those goofy little mechs, but I always loved them.
Hammer- Twin LRM5/3mls support mech with enough ammo to actually cause a little havok, whaaat?

Medium:
Bushwacker- Squat and always hard to put one down.
Enfield- Quite similar to the Enforcer but variety being the spice of life and all~
Chameleon- IS trainer mech, one I always thought should be in every new players hanger from day one, free of charge.
Hoplite- Mini King Crab anyone?

Heavy:
Flashman- Seriously, with the laser vomit meta, why not have the original face melter?
Archer- Classic, lovely to look at and capable of doing the Catapults job and flip you off.
Guillotine- Another early, though original Battletech design.
Thanatos- Could make it a viable Omni, lore wise it was originally going to be an Omnimech but was disregarded until being rebuilt into a standard IS chassis.

Assault:
Cyclops- Give the Atlas DDC a scare.
Devastator- Twin PPC and twin gauss, backed up by a quartet of medium lasers. What isnt to like?
Sunder- Yeah, a little early for it still but a nice mech.
Charger- I know, it'll just end up being a laser vomit brawler but the possibility of a 90 ton machine doing almost 100KPH armed with a handful of small lasers is pretty hilarious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users