56 replies to this topic

#21 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

Just bought 2, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it and its not even Basic'd lol.

Just make sure if you want to pick up a variant get the D.

Edited by Saxie, 01 September 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#22 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

I will probably pull the trigger when I get home. I'll get the D variant as well as either the A or Prime to have the high Ballistic option.

Looking at the cbill release dates, I'll probably pass on the Shadowcat. I'm in no rush to get the another clan heavy either (Hellbringer and TImberwolf work fine for me). I should be able to by late October have enough for a third EXE as well as a couple Cheetahs.

Void A has a point though. Who knows what changes will happen this month, as they are planning another quirk rehaul. I wonder when the scaling changes are gonna happen, I've got 3 mastered Awesomes ready to go ham

#23 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

Traditional Laser Vomit
Medium Pulse Laser Vomit
Gauss Sword and Board
LBX Face Smasher

These are all pretty fun to me.

#24 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 29 August 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

I also believe the shadowcat is a very good medium competeting with the hunchbacks and the stormcrows

Posted Image

#25 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostKira_Onime, on 01 September 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Says the person with a Nova in the signature and a LRM timberwolf.

#26 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

First game, 0-12 loss..

Shortly after, 5 kills 600 dmg

Matchmaker's gon match I guess

#27 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

I'm about halfway through the basics on the EXE-D (been running with all -D omnipods so far so no ballistics). Will call it a night for now! Not sure what to think yet, but MASC is kinda interesting. Is it actually useful or just a gimmick? idk. I can tell you it certainly feels nice to suddenly be able to up your turning speed or get a little boost in seeking cover (cowering). I've found that more useful than just the raw speed increase. Plus, using it just to turn instead of sustained running keeps the meter down. I lost the torso it's in one game and definitely missed it for the rest of the round. I'm putting things like ERPPC and LPL in the torsos, so my builds have been fairly hot so far. This mech gives up a bit of weapon weight for the MASC, JJ, and big engine, and tho torso twist is still kinda slow i haven't had too many problems with spreading damage (CT tends to go before STs tho). Maybe it will get better once I got all the movement efficiencies.

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 01 September 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#28 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 September 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Says the person with a Nova in the signature and a LRM timberwolf.

Tell that to the guy who made it for me.

#29 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:37 AM

MASC is pretty good, I like it. Great for going from full reverse to full forward and vice versa. Good for when you get a bit of the old tunnel vision and realize your team is moving on and you've got 20 seconds before you're overrun. Decent JJ power for a 95 tonner. Swift speed. The payloads are a little limited but workable. So far I like it. Seems like once I get the elites it will be like a sumo ballerina.

Posted Image

#30 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

I have been running my Prime w/ D pods (because you cant take multiple ballistics due to lack of tonnage) and made a sweet build....

2x - LPL in the RT and LT

10x - ER Sm Lasers 7 in LA, 3 in RA

The other 9 or so tons (shave leg armor to get there) should be DHS or if you want a TC1.

Profit...

Will post the build later once i get home!

#31 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

Nope.

#32 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 03 September 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

I have been running my Prime w/ D pods (because you cant take multiple ballistics due to lack of tonnage) and made a sweet build....

2x - LPL in the RT and LT

10x - ER Sm Lasers 7 in LA, 3 in RA

The other 9 or so tons (shave leg armor to get there) should be DHS or if you want a TC1.

Profit...

Will post the build later once i get home!

I'm running something very similar 2 Lpl lt and rt, 7spl right arm, a smidgin hot if you're not careful, but jesus, does it gut things.

#33 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:59 PM

Well i bought it yesterday (the exe-A, and the others will follow).
I gotta say, its extreme fun to play! Probably my new favoured mech (which is/was the warhawk until now). A decent firepower, good armor and good mobility for such a heavy one.
Its like the perfect combination to me. You just gotta make sure you take advantage of jump jets and masc.

I run it with 6 ER-Med and a Gauss. Got enough Heat Sinks for 2 Alphas.

Cant wait for buying the other Variants too! (Just dont know what to make out of the Prime Variant thought... )

I recommend this mech for everybody who has fun with the Warhawk and the Summoner!

#34 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

It depends on what you are planning to do with it. It has about as much tonnage for weapons as a TimberWolf, i.e. it can't stand up to a DireWolf in a face to face shootout. However, MASC+JJs make it very manouverable for a 95t mech, and you can pop-tart like a boss (much like the old Highlander did). However, your builds will all be very much energy oriented, and you'll have to pay 50+ mil c-bills for three mechs to master the chassis.

#35 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 04 September 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

It depends on what you are planning to do with it. It has about as much tonnage for weapons as a TimberWolf, i.e. it can't stand up to a DireWolf in a face to face shootout. However, MASC+JJs make it very manouverable for a 95t mech, and you can pop-tart like a boss (much like the old Highlander did). However, your builds will all be very much energy oriented, and you'll have to pay 50+ mil c-bills for three mechs to master the chassis.

I beg to differ, I have 1v1'ed many Direwolves in my EXE's. You just have to play to YOUR strengths and not his strengths. Even jumped on top of one when I was cored, and ripped him up with my power fist... :ph34r:

#36 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostPetard, on 04 September 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

I beg to differ, I have 1v1'ed many Direwolves in my EXE's. You just have to play to YOUR strengths and not his strengths. Even jumped on top of one when I was cored, and ripped him up with my power fist... :ph34r:

That is exactly my point when I said you can't face to face it.

#37 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:01 AM

Personally, I love my new Executioner EXE-D..

Its one of the more fun mechs that I have, and it suprised me how agile it is for a Assault.. That MASC really helps alot..

Once you learn to play it, it becomes amazing.. A friend once said that he played the Gargoyle "like a huge nova". I think, the same can be said about the EXE, even more so cose' it has JumpJets..

Also, you have to learn its strenghts.. I CAN'T outgun say, a DireWolf... but it can shure as hell out-manuver it!

Yesterday I had a private lobby match in my EXE against a DakaWolf on Alpine.. It took us about 10 minutes to find eachother (slug battle), but once we did, I used my speed, jumpjets and Masc to climb a hill, and softened him up with LRM's from the top.. He tried sniping me with ERLL's, but cound not do it very well.. When he finally climbed uphill, I just jumped back down, and circled around.. Finally, he was "soft" enough for me to close in for the kill, and core him with my many many lasers..

I won, it was a good and entertaining fight, and I was cored after (not suprising considering I stood in front of a DAKAWOLF and lived to tell the tale)

So yeah.. Its a great, FUN mech to play..

#38 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

This is about the only build I can stomach or get any decent damage from.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e4f0910560ac35d

#39 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

I thought the Executioners were "Meh". It just didn't seem to have enough podspace or tons for an Assault. It really operated like a Heavy. I would pass, but if you're going to get it, do it for C-bills. I would spend your cash elsewhere.

#40 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

View PostTrainee, on 04 September 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

This is about the only build I can stomach or get any decent damage from.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e4f0910560ac35d

i don't like the idea of stripping half of the leg armor from assaults

dont tell me nobody shoots their legs, just today i killed a dire wolf shooting off one and then another its leg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users