The Gargoyle On Pts

16 replies to this topic

#1 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

I have douwnloaded the test server and after doing the tutorial i saw that u get a but load of GXP, C-bills and gold on your test server account... so i took my chance an bought a few chassi's i wanted to test a build on for a long time (an GXP'ed them to master an bought modules for them and so on...)

one of these was this build;
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0b94cd2d4192ff7

it has 15% acceleration and deceleration quirks and 64 aditional structure in quirks so not to chabby..

for modules CERSL range and cd..

now my question, this build feels very very good... the best cooling ever and a very high pinpoint dps...

but everybody says mr gargels is a pile of dung...
douse anyone have this build and is it any good in a real match?

Edited by L3mming2, 29 August 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#2 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

I've actually fought one of those before... they're pretty scary if you walk into one around a corner. Otherwise you're going to be SOL for the long-range fight, but that's about it.

#3 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

I've both fought and fought in one of those. Very powerful in the right situations. You need to flank like hell and use that speed to sneak up on unsuspecting 'Mechs and core their backs out, or insta-kill lights. Just make sure to fire 6 at a time. 1 group for the right arm, 1 group for the rest.

#4 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Situational build.

You can also consider this build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...682dc362e96597e

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

Well... if you play it like a hunchback 4P I guess that'll work...

As a light, I avoid that kind of mech... but... I point it out to the heavies and mediums and they go down real quick.

#6 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

What happened?

Edited by TwentyOne, 29 August 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#7 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostTwentyOne, on 29 August 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

anything that inst an OP dire wolf gets called under powered by clanners. They have been calling the warhawk DOA and **** since it existed, and it is QUITE a powerful mech.

Sure, the firepower is good, but it's the same size as the 100-ton Direwolf with much less armor, and much worse hitboxes.

Also, pretty much nobody is calling the Warhawk DOA. Everyone with a lick of sense calls it underwhelming, though. Compared to the Stalker at the same weight, the Warhawk will last half the time in a fight, moves the same speed, has only marginally more firepower (even after the 4N's nerfs) and has much lower hardpoints. Despite that, it's hardly the worst mech in the game, but I would pick pretty much any IS assault over it in a head-to-head fight, except maybe the Victor.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

The biggest problem with that Gargles build is that.. it's gimmicky.

You could arguably do better in a Doomcrow or a Nova with a similar setup/build.

I'm a pro-Gargles guy, but that build doesn't make me all tingly inside.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 August 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#9 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Gargoyle has this arcane thing called armor.Nova or Doomcrow cant pull same shenanigans off as mr. gargles.

6 ER Mediums in the right arm,6 ER Smalls to the torso and left arm.

Run to a corner fire the lasers left -> right,depending on which side the wall is on,wall side first while backing back to cover.Tadaa,the enemy does not have 72 points of front armor anymore.In a brawl use just the smalls and chainfire on those mediums.

#10 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

It's just a big target that isn't really that hard to take down, especially if kept at range. Even though it's probably the widest mech ever conceived and is the same speed as chub face, I'd rather take the NopeVa over the Gargler.

#11 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

View Postaniviron, on 29 August 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Sure, the firepower is good, but it's the same size as the 100-ton Direwolf with much less armor, and much worse hitboxes.

Also, pretty much nobody is calling the Warhawk DOA. Everyone with a lick of sense calls it underwhelming, though. Compared to the Stalker at the same weight, the Warhawk will last half the time in a fight, moves the same speed, has only marginally more firepower (even after the 4N's nerfs) and has much lower hardpoints. Despite that, it's hardly the worst mech in the game, but I would pick pretty much any IS assault over it in a head-to-head fight, except maybe the Victor.

Actually, in terms of speed and agility the Peacedove beats the Stalker. Stalker has an optimal engine of STD300, meaning 62.9 kph, while the Peacedove's XL340 lets it go 71.3 kph. It also gets a really, crazy large torso twist radius for its size (more than the majority of heavies).

...The other criticisms of the mech's flaws are valid, however. :wacko: Still, I pride myself in being the founder of the Cult of Wubhawk™.

Edited by FupDup, 29 August 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#12 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 August 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

...The other criticisms of the mech's flaws are valid, however. :wacko: Still, I pride myself in being the founder of the Cult of Wubhawk™.

Still not a fan of the 4 LPL Wubhawk though. 3LPL+3MPL is much nicer.

#13 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostL3mming2, on 29 August 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

but everybody says mr gargels is a pile of dung...

dunno who says it
it's widely known that garg is a decent energy boat 80 tonner, it just has rather few builds working for it

#14 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 August 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Actually, in terms of speed and agility the Peacedove beats the Stalker. Stalker has an optimal engine of STD300, meaning 62.9 kph, while the Peacedove's XL340 lets it go 71.3 kph. It also gets a really, crazy large torso twist radius for its size (more than the majority of heavies).

The Stalker goes up to 310, a 30 engine rating difference is small enough that the Warhawk only gets a slight edge in speed. The Warhawk's torso twist is only five degrees better (90 vs 85) than the STK-3F, though the other variants do indeed get much worse torso twists. I wouldn't say that the Warhawk's 90 degree torso twist is crazy large, since it's the same as the Victor and Zeus, Highlander, and Banshee, and less than the Awesome and King Crab. That actually puts the WHK on the lower half of assault mechs for torso twist capability, giving better twist than just the Direwolf, Battlemaster, Atlas, and Stalker. It's also a little silly to say it gets more torso twist than most heavies, given that the base twist for every single heavy mech is greater than or equal to the Warhawk's.

The quad LPL setup is nice, I would consider it on par with the quad PPC setup even though the LPLs get no quirks, but the Direwolf does the same thing better. The WHK's hardpoints are just too low to trade efficiently at range, and up close it's way too huge and thus too fragile, and higher DPS setups that don't require two long-burning laser volleys will obliterate it.

#15 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

View Postaniviron, on 29 August 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

The Stalker goes up to 310, a 30 engine rating difference is small enough that the Warhawk only gets a slight edge in speed. The Warhawk's torso twist is only five degrees better (90 vs 85) than the STK-3F, though the other variants do indeed get much worse torso twists. I wouldn't say that the Warhawk's 90 degree torso twist is crazy large, since it's the same as the Victor and Zeus, Highlander, and Banshee, and less than the Awesome and King Crab. That actually puts the WHK on the lower half of assault mechs for torso twist capability, giving better twist than just the Direwolf, Battlemaster, Atlas, and Stalker. It's also a little silly to say it gets more torso twist than most heavies, given that the base twist for every single heavy mech is greater than or equal to the Warhawk's.

The quad LPL setup is nice, I would consider it on par with the quad PPC setup even though the LPLs get no quirks, but the Direwolf does the same thing better. The WHK's hardpoints are just too low to trade efficiently at range, and up close it's way too huge and thus too fragile, and higher DPS setups that don't require two long-burning laser volleys will obliterate it.

The 310 on the Stalker is pointless on most builds, 300 is the most optimal engine for it.

Torso twist:
Posted Image
Omnipod quirks make it really far...

Edited by FupDup, 29 August 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#16 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

It's a good build but the only real advantage this build has over the very similar Stormcrow build (12SPL 19/20DHS) is the armor.

Armor is only a significant advantage in small skirmishes. So that's where you need to take this mech. And that's hard in this meta where everyone deathballs.

#17 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 August 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

The 310 on the Stalker is pointless on most builds, 300 is the most optimal engine for it.

Agreed.

Torso twist:
Posted Image
Omnipod quirks make it really far...

Well, the Warhawk is actually more agile than the Stalker (given the current system we're working under) and all variants except for the CT-NARC variant (Warhawk-B ) has a +10 torso twist range bump (90->100 before we add Twist X).

It's hard to forego a Gauss Rifle unless it's a Wubhawk of sorts. Hit and run is its forte, regardless of the optimal setups.

It's always going to be more agile than durable...

Edited by Deathlike, 30 August 2015 - 02:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users