1 reply to this topic

#1 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

Recently I started to actually pay attention to Match Scores, and noticed a huge discrepancy: They ONLY take damage dealt into consideration!
I can't tell you how many times I've been in a match where a base, or resources were captured, and even though a team had only one mech left, they still won.
During the Blood Money event, I spent a couple of matches simply capturing resources, which resulted in our winning, but my Match Score was ZERO!
I recall a match where, because of the enemy's base location, I captured the base, had 17% of my mech left, and was the only one left on my team, and still won, but had a zero match score.

How can it truly be called a Match Score? It's a damage score that includes kill & spotting assists, but it doesn't include capping, which has won or lost many matches that I've been in.

(I've stopped doing Conquest matches because we often lose for not collecting resources, and when we do, we don't get enough reward to make it worthwhile.)

And, with the new Tier ranking system coming out, it would be nice if those of us who actually help to win matches got some credit.

#2 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

Speaking of the Blood Money event, because the rewards are based on the Match Score, very few, if any light mechs show up in teams as it is very difficult to get the minimum 150 Match Score that the event requires.
And, getting into a match with a medium or heavy mech takes forever as everyone is almost exclusively using them as the easiest way to get the required 150 Match Score.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users