#41 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

this whinge again?

Premium time is a subscription thing, if you don't like it, don't use it, but banked time should be able to be activataed like how u can buy it, ie 1 day or 3 days or a week at a time, 30 days each time is too much for some i can understand.

But regardless if it's being able to buy 1 day 3 days 1 week 1 month, it should tick over constantly as your asked for 1 days time, not 24 hours of in game playing.

#42 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:55 PM

One of the reasons I'm reluctant to activate any of my banked time is that I know I'm going to play for maybe two weeks out of every month, and the other half will be straight up wasted. An "activate one week" option would make me more likely to run premium time when I play, which would in turn make me more likely to buy more in the future.

#43 plaguebreath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 101 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 31 August 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

this whinge again?

Premium time is a subscription thing, if you don't like it, don't use it, but banked time should be able to be activataed like how u can buy it, ie 1 day or 3 days or a week at a time, 30 days each time is too much for some i can understand.

But regardless if it's being able to buy 1 day 3 days 1 week 1 month, it should tick over constantly as your asked for 1 days time, not 24 hours of in game playing.

Is called whinge to submit to comunity and possibly to PGI (doubtfull) a question about feature that's being paid (I'm talking about premium that come from bought Pack of mech so I not spent money on single premium time ever) and not even used as intended and try to understand different point of view ?? Because you know, they add nice feature of Spectator Tool in lobby but I wonder who gonna spend 30 days premium time for try it ....

Edited by plaguebreath, 01 September 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#44 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 31 August 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

This topic comes up from time to time, and boils down to two different view points. One group sees premium time as a subscription that you buy for ~$15 a month that should keep ticking away regardless of if you are playing or not, and the other group pretty much wants to be able to milk every last second out of the premium time. Neither side is wrong exactly, but neither side is particularly willing to budge on their view.

For me I am fine with the way it is, and while I see the benefit of having premium time only ticking away while I am playing I also understand that the price would need to drastically go up to cover it. As an example you have 28 days of premium time but you only play a couple hours a day. If it only counted when you played it would last for 336 days. That is nearly a year of premium time for less than $15. Do you really consider that a good idea?

I'm finally burning my premium time. I can see both sides of this argument... I however don't have a strong opinion either way.

#45 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

I never activated any of my banked premium time because i thought it would be a waste as i do play only occassionally. On these rare occassions i bought a single day extra. But a short while ago i just had a look at the amount of pt i have banked and saw that it is enough for almost 2 years. So i started activating it. But, to be honest, i am not happy with all the time ticking away, because after all i also have paid for banked pt. Activating it in single days would be perfect, but being able to activate a week is a must have, i think. A month is just too long and for playing on only 2 weekends a month the revenue is... not very good.

#46 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:47 AM

View Postplaguebreath, on 31 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Change Value of Premium Time, you sell pack with hours: 24 hours, 168 hours ecc .... you will improve the quantity of players that will buy premium time and will be good fix for all the waste done till now. If anyone have other suggestions write here and let's see if someone high up in PGI read about it.

A developer will often make more money with a calendar time period than with a set time allowance, partly because it is easier for a regular spender to budget their expenditure on a regular payment cycle and partly because heavier players consider it 'better value' as they get more play for the same as a casual participant. It's also considerably easier to program into the sytem and monitor for sales analytics, and the only high profile game to use such an approach was APB which failed (for totally unrelated reasons) so developers are still concerned about it as a concept.

Edited by Raggedyman, 01 September 2015 - 03:51 AM.

#47 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, giving lots of choices for length of activation would be a good move....one day, one week, one month, etc. It's nice we did get the one month option a while back.

#48 LookUpGaming

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:00 AM

Some weeks I do not generate as much trash or recycling as others. But my bill is the same regardless. Even if they do not have to pick up trash one week of the month.

How premium time works is fine. They would just charge much more per hour.

Pro Tip. Buy a $50.00 MC Package on Black Friday after Thanksgiving. Hold onto it. Around Christmas they usually put Premium Time Bundles on sale. You can pick up an entire year of Premium Time for a really deep discount.

#49 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:25 AM

Meh, with my schedule, I either waste PT or subscription time in a traditional MMO.

The only time I beat the system was with my lifetime subscription to STO.

#50 plaguebreath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 101 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:33 AM

View PostLookUpGaming, on 01 September 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Some weeks I do not generate as much trash or recycling as others. But my bill is the same regardless. Even if they do not have to pick up trash one week of the month.

How premium time works is fine. They would just charge much more per hour.

Pro Tip. Buy a $50.00 MC Package on Black Friday after Thanksgiving. Hold onto it. Around Christmas they usually put Premium Time Bundles on sale. You can pick up an entire year of Premium Time for a really deep discount.

I pay car insurance too even if I not went into any incident for years but that's fine coz I not consider it a waste coz when u need it you know u can count on it , doesn't mean that what happen on the payment of your trash must be a rule on Mechwarrior too even if actually Premium Time get trashed pretty well indeed.

Double Pro Tip. Buy a $50MC set of mech and let your banked Premium Time rise up again, I love see this numbers increase.

#51 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:24 AM

I'm sitting on 8500 hrs+ pt. Anyone remembers the time when you could only activate all pt you had?

the 30 day activation is fine with me. Pgi still needs us to comsume prEmium time in order to earn money. If icould activate pt fo shorter periods like 1/3 days or a week my banked time would last forever (and pgi would earn less in the end)

#52 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

What about a dollar for each hour of actual gameplay?

#53 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:43 AM

Several people have said that they don't activate their premium time because most of it would go to waste since they can't possibly use every hour of it. However, not activating your premium time is an even bigger waste because you aren't even using a single minute of it.

#54 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:48 AM

Well, I bought 180 days pt in dECmber at half price. With mc i bought at half price. Hint. Hint.

#55 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:56 AM

View Postkesmai, on 01 September 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

I'm sitting on 8500 hrs+ pt. Anyone remembers the time when you could only activate all pt you had?

the 30 day activation is fine with me. Pgi still needs us to comsume prEmium time in order to earn money. If icould activate pt fo shorter periods like 1/3 days or a week my banked time would last forever (and pgi would earn less in the end)
Well, personally i do not think that the people with such gigantic banked premium time are the people who are holding their money back ;-) If i could activate only a day out of my over 15.000 hours banked pt i would still buy new Packs...

#56 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

View Postplaguebreath, on 31 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

First of all sorry for my bad english, today I've been looking at my stats on profile and take a closer look to my banked hours that's about 672 hours so 28 days. As I am founder I already wasted 28 days of premium because offcurse I did not played all the days together but just 2 hours for some days. Based on that I suppose I will never activate my premium time and nor will buy anymore of it. Based on that assumtion and on the fact that I'm sure I'm not the only one that have not much time to play MWO as I would like to, why not change the way Premium Time work ? You deduct Premium Time just if player effectively log on game (24 hours starting from time player log in at day ?)
Change Value of Premium Time, you sell pack with hours: 24 hours, 168 hours ecc .... you will improve the quantity of players that will buy premium time and will be good fix for all the waste done till now. If anyone have other suggestions write here and let's see if someone high up in PGI read about it.

Make you feel better; I am sometimes so busy with work that I can't play for 5 days straight with PT running.

#57 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostAlphaToaster, on 31 August 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Along this same line, they can also do single game, Premium Shots, call it 40mc single use consumable that grant's premium bonus for that one game. Used the same way as other mc consumables. Pilot has to trigger it before mech death or game's end to count.

Actually I like this idea a LOT, it would allow those that can manage just few games weekdays to enjoy premium, pricing so that it is really for those who play just a few games.

Although I don't agree it should be activated in game, that's just gaming the system for the absolute best games. It should be there to provide premium option those who don't want long stretches of premium ticking away.
Just mount it and it is spent in the game.
Though there is the disconnect/other similar problems issue, don't really see it refunded easily.

#58 Chrome Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

I get having it generally tick away but they do need some kind of a way to stop the clock, even just temporarily as people, and their spouses, often don't feel like they are getting their money's worth. I could even be something as simple as giving a 7-10 day stop option every time someone bought PT. This could even lead to folks buying PT if they weren't going to be able to play for a bit and needed another stopper... Just a thought.

#59 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 01 September 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

I'm finally burning my premium time. I can see both sides of this argument... I however don't have a strong opinion either way.

Yeah, it would be nice if they had both types available. Big chunks for cheap that burns at all times, and small chunks for a premium price that only burns when you are online. However, all the premium time people currently have saved up would really have to stay as is. I don't think I have ever bought premium time directly, and I have very rarely been without it because of all that has been given away and how much has come with all the various mech packs. I think all together I have enough to last me until June or July of next year, and if I buy any future packs I'm sure that will get extended even more. If they ever switched it to only ticking down when I am online what I have now would last me for years.

Long story short I really don't see a reason to hang onto the premium time as there really isn't a good reason to hold onto it. Even if they decide to adopt some form of premium time that only counts when online there is very little chance it will apply to current banked premium time. From my perspective it is better to get at least some use out of it rather than none.

#60 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:56 AM

How about a bonus for a certain number of matches regardless of time?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users