Quit Disconnecting

13 replies to this topic

#1 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Am I the only one with a feeling the only people who shutdown and disconnect when they're the last one alive aren't any good at this game. A KD/R will eventually stabilize itself due to the amount of kills to death to keep your ratio intact rises exponentially as you get more and more deaths.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:43 AM

Unless you're on conquest and survival will win you the game in points, you have no excuse for hiding.

Still see people run off and shut down, makes for long boring sessions.

#3 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostPoisoner, on 02 September 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

Am I the only one with a feeling the only people who shutdown and disconnect when they're the last one alive aren't any good at this game. A KD/R will eventually stabilize itself due to the amount of kills to death to keep your ratio intact rises exponentially as you get more and more deaths.

Bravo for them, they are saving all of us time.

#4 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

I may run around a corner and shut down in the hopes of a mech passing me so i can get behind them...but only in a light and only if im hurt and need the edge and i would never stay shut down for more then a few mins if they didn't follow me into my trap.

Shutting down and hiding praying for a win is the dumbest thing i ever heard. Other then it being 690-450 cap win...

Just stay powered on and stay on those feet....i feel its more beneficial myself to stay powered on 90% of the time.

#5 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

I think many people do the last-man-shutdown to punish their own team.

Wipe to the other team 11-(insert single digits here?). Enjoy waiting out the match timer before you can drop again.

#6 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

View Postwanderer, on 02 September 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Wipe to the other team 11-(insert single digits here?). Enjoy waiting out the match timer before you can drop again.

I never really thought of it like that as I tend to give my fellow man more credit then he deserves.

But now that you mention it....

As a bit of revenge for winning? I dont get why being a bad sport seems like such a good idea though. Go in and get you licks and learn something, maybe next time you will dish them out?

#7 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

Do people really track their K/D ratios that seriously? From my pov, too many external factors make it a worthless stat.

For instance, as a light I quite often take point and fade left/right so that red team is all turned on me, while the rest of my team pushes in and takes free shots. I don't usually live through it, but it helps the team win. But its a standard tactic when you are winged with a heavier mech. I'm sure other people have other examples.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 02 September 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#8 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Do people really track their K/D ratios that seriously? From my pov, too many external factors make it a worthless stat.

Seriously, this being the reason people hide and shutdown is a myth.

The last guy in a roflstomp can only do one of two things. Spite everyone else by living, or die in a useless effort to the same forces that obliterated the rest of the "team" he got stuck in.

#9 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

Nope, but you'd be wrong.

KDR everyone knows is worthless, or at least should. Very often those lone survivors are so disgusted at the game as it went they have no interest in giving the enemy a kill or bothering to help a team full of brawltards that played very badly and so just shut down with their face to a wall with no headshot possible, and go get a sammich, a drink, go to the bathroom, disconnected or not.

It's why I won't play skirmish. Go cap. You've won. I'm not going to make myself the easy route to victory just so you can hoot like a bunch of chimpanzees who drove off a sloth by flinging poo

#10 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

^ That's a disgustingly unsportsmanlike way to play.

Guy has me on his ignore list so he can't see this post, but ugh - disgusting.

And really, the best thing for any last mech standing to do is put as much damage downrange as they can so they can get even a few more c-bills from the match.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

it's not about kdr... nobody likes to give themselves away with no chance to even hurt the enemies
skirmish is especially poorly designed there

tldr this game should allow surrender

#12 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

View Postwanderer, on 02 September 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

That's fine, it's against TOS so I just report them and let their account get banned.

#13 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

It's silly and wastes time but they're still alive so let them play. As someone above me posted, if it makes that much of a difference, play modes with alternative forms of ending the match.

#14 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 02 September 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

That's fine, it's against TOS so I just report them and let their account get banned.

If they participated in the fight at any time, you can't get them banned for non-participation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users