Gauntlet/cored Issue(S)

1 reply to this topic

#1 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:05 PM

Having just run through the PTS pilot training, and sampled all the challenges, I have found two odd problems with the Gauntlet/Cored challenge.

The minor problem:

Sometimes the 'mechs that spawn to fire at the player spawn lying down, already destroyed. Frequently, the 'mechs that spawn in this condition also do so about half a 'mech height into the air, leaving floating derelict machines here and there.

The major problem:

After my first attempt at the Gauntlet in the Firebrand, I grabbed the Cicada to try again. I discovered that, by judicious use of peeking around cover, I could destroy the spawned enemy 'mechs without most of them getting a chance to shoot at me. A little problematic with how damaged some of them were to start out, but not really a big deal- if the Gauntlet was timed. It is not, however, so I was able to score a near perfect run.

Then the weirdness began- when I chose to 'continue', expecting a higher difficulty, I found that the 'mechs I had destroyed did not respawn. One or two new 'mechs showed up (and a third that was pre-corpsified vis a vis the minor problem), but again I was able to destroy them with little difficulty. After about the third or fourth run, no new 'mechs were spawned, and none of the destroyed 'mechs respawned. I continued until I had run the loop nine times total, counting the initial runs where I destroyed the enemy 'mechs, and no enemies spawned or respawned during that entire time.

This makes it exceptionally easy to invalidate the Gauntlet. Please either have the enemies respawn (less preferable), or ensure that new enemies spawn at new locations (more preferable) so that the Gauntlet cannot be 'deactivated' during the run.

#2 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

Ran into the same problem as the OP. In addition, I found if I hit a 'Mech enough times it would not fire on me the next time through the Gauntlet. This persisted through when I tried running cored even. I also had a gauntlet issue where my right arm was destroyed and while my armor was repaired and ammo reloaded the arm was not replaced when I ran the gauntlet again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users