Countdown To Mauler Release Sept 8Th!

258 replies to this topic

#161 Swansonato

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:52 AM

Love the mech, both with and without shoulder LRMs. Those 5 days need to move faster!

#162 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostCodeDenial, on 04 September 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

Where are the MRMs?
I will have no part of this unless i get my MRM 40s.

This thing would be a true horror in this game with MRM40s... Let's make it happen people!

I really REALLY hope they release it earlier, say tomorrow, so that we could enjoy it over the extended weekend. Please, please, please, please...

#163 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostCodeDenial, on 04 September 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

Where are the MRMs?
I will have no part of this unless i get my MRM 40s.

very late tech- in MW: O may be useless. would just be a more spammy version of SRM's that is slower but AMS has more issues hitting.

ATM's and Heavy lasers would kinda make MRM's slightly obselete= ATM 12 with HE ammo (3 damage per missile does 36 damage with lock on- and artemis fire control built in to make it more accurate, and lighter then say a MRM 40 which does 40 damage... oh and all ATM's are clan and the long range (specifically ER ammo) hits people as far as 1200 meters.

Heavy laser? in short: it's a clan laser that has the same everythign as a IS laser but clan crit slots and tons- oh and it does double the IS laser damage.

Two weapons of the same time period... tell me out of the 3- which would be the better one?

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 04 September 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

This thing would be a true horror in this game with MRM40s... Let's make it happen people!

I really REALLY hope they release it earlier, say tomorrow, so that we could enjoy it over the extended weekend. Please, please, please, please...

refer to above.

#164 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 September 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

very late tech- in MW: O may be useless. would just be a more spammy version of SRM's that is slower but AMS has more issues hitting.

ATM's and Heavy lasers would kinda make MRM's slightly obselete= ATM 12 with HE ammo (3 damage per missile does 36 damage with lock on- and artemis fire control built in to make it more accurate, and lighter then say a MRM 40 which does 40 damage... oh and all ATM's are clan and the long range (specifically ER ammo) hits people as far as 1200 meters.

Heavy laser? in short: it's a clan laser that has the same everythign as a IS laser but clan crit slots and tons- oh and it does double the IS laser damage.

Two weapons of the same time period... tell me out of the 3- which would be the better one?

refer to above.

Fair enough, of course you keep referencing clan tech, and we are talking about an IS 'Mech... Unless PGI wants to unlock clan weapons on IS 'Mechs like we've seen in previous iterations (although that would be a ways off).

I'd rather see what people do with Large X Pulse Lasers, I love seeing people overheat with constant alpha strikes!

Still doesn't detract from my point that I really want to be able to check this thing out before returning to another week of work! :P

#165 LorDGuilhotinA

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

It would be fabulous if they release it earlier... September 7 is the Brazilian independence day...

#166 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the AC20 pic's Tina, you da 'Bomb'!
90 tonnes of Beautiful destruction! (the Mauler, not you ;) )

Im loving this mech and look forward to piloting it into battle. I know we can find more info on Sarna, but it would be nice for those like myself who are not 'full bottle' on Mech lore to have a small write up on each new mech released.Perhaps some back ground info on its construction, year released, major battles. Rather than just getting a new toy, it would give it some juice to fuel the fire of release.
o7

#167 EvangelX

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

Looking forward to running rings around it and stripping it, piece by piece in my Cheeta! :ph34r:

Edited by EvangelX, 04 September 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#168 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostEvangelX, on 04 September 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Looking forward to running rings around it and stripping it, piece by piece in my Cheeta! :ph34r:

In your newly nerfed Cheater? I look forward to killing your Cheater in my Mauler!

#169 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

Nerfed? really?! what is this nerfing you speak of?

Shirly U jest?

#170 EvangelX

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 September 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

In your newly nerfed Cheater? I look forward to killing your Cheater in my Mauler!

Catch me if you can BIG Boy!
Now Im here, ...

Now ... :ph34r:

#171 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostBolter01, on 04 September 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Nerfed? really?! what is this nerfing you speak of?

Shirly U jest?

Russ on twitter mentioned the ACH is getting nerfed before the rebalance.

#172 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

After playing around with boating AC5 and AC2 I conclude ac2 heat needs to be reduced further. One can run around all day chain firing ac5s on 12 heatsinks but 4ac2s overheat the same dissipation in 25-26 alphas. Probably why we see so few ac2s ingame. Please address this issue BEFORE the mauler releases.

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

• Woodland Camo on the ® variant (so Yes full camo support on all Resistance II ® variant Mechs

Any plans to do this for founders and phoenix and resistance 1 ???

View PostFrytrixa, on 04 September 2015 - 12:40 AM, said:

I really miss the special Geometry for the ® Variants.

Phoenix Pack had different Models, Resistance just different Textures :'<

Really? You like having a locu$t that is harder to see out of and 3 other mechs that are easier to blow the arms off... all while being impossible to skin and paint?

I for one do not. I don't even care if they allow me to skin the custom geometry of my founder/phoenix loyalty mechs. It would be easier for them, and more beneficial for me, to just be able to turn that crap off.

I want to be able to $kin my mech$ !

Edited by Kaptain, 04 September 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#173 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostKaptain, on 04 September 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

After playing around with boating AC5 and AC2 I conclude ac2 heat needs to be reduced further. One can run around all day chain firing ac5s on 12 heatsinks but 4ac2s overheat the same dissipation in 25-26 alphas. Probably why we see so few ac2s ingame. Please address this issue BEFORE the mauler releases.

Truth. AC2 with lower damage per shot, same heat per shot, and higher rate of fire = pretty heat-inefficient weapon.

AC2 heat per second is almost on par with an AC20, while the AC5 is by far the lowest heat per second of the autocannon line. DPS for autocannons is pretty close to where it should be, but the heat efficiency is definitely off.

Sure, AC2's don't have any ghost heat, but neither do most other autocannons. Only AC20 variants have big ghost heat, which I can get behind :D

Source: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

Edited by Luscious Dan, 04 September 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#174 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 04 September 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Truth. AC2 with lower damage per shot, same heat per shot, and higher rate of fire = pretty heat-inefficient weapon.

Yup. Its just common sense. The more I think about heat per shot should be reduced below point five. I mean you are already dedicating 30 tons and ten slots to weapons and ammo... how is one supposed to fire any of the maulers real weapons if its AC2s have it at critical heat after just 100 or so damage.

#175 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 September 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

what do you call the extra pieces of armour and metal added- the spikes, and other new additions? Those are more then just textures and in some case surpass the ammount of change the phoenix did for some mechs.

I'm not talking about some freckles, what I'm talking about is to see the difference without using a scope.

Phoenix Pack for instance, you can clearly point out the special Variant even in the heat of a battle.Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Frytrixa, 04 September 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#176 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 September 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 04 September 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

Fair enough, of course you keep referencing clan tech, and we are talking about an IS 'Mech... Unless PGI wants to unlock clan weapons on IS 'Mechs like we've seen in previous iterations (although that would be a ways off).

I'd rather see what people do with Large X Pulse Lasers, I love seeing people overheat with constant alpha strikes!

Still doesn't detract from my point that I really want to be able to check this thing out before returning to another week of work! :P

I just want to eventually see all the new tech weapons. Can't wait for X-Pulse, Rotary ACs, MRMs, Snub and Light PPC, Light Gauss, etc. Technicallty I think Snub PPCs existed during the SLDF era since Kerensky had one on his Orion if I recall. Sure that tech went along with him on the Exodus, but most of that tech should have been rediscovered with the Helm Memory Core, correct? Either way, just can't wait for new IS weapons, especially the X-Pulse and Rotary.

#177 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

4 Days left!
Cockpit preview has been posted!

#178 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

OH, I thought the Wolfie was coming 1st. The crab is the one Im most looking forward to. It will complete my collection of IS mediums.

#179 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostSevronis, on 04 September 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

I just want to eventually see all the new tech weapons. Can't wait for X-Pulse, Rotary ACs, MRMs, Snub and Light PPC, Light Gauss, etc. Technicallty I think Snub PPCs existed during the SLDF era since Kerensky had one on his Orion if I recall. Sure that tech went along with him on the Exodus, but most of that tech should have been rediscovered with the Helm Memory Core, correct? Either way, just can't wait for new IS weapons, especially the X-Pulse and Rotary.

You know what I forgot about? Heavy Gauss, which I first remember from the Fafnir.

#180 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostFrytrixa, on 04 September 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

I'm not talking about some freckles, what I'm talking about is to see the difference without using a scope.

Phoenix Pack for instance, you can clearly point out the special Variant even in the heat of a battle.Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Imagestandard Resistance II mechs right here. Now lets bring in the resistance models!

Posted Imagehead completely changed to be much more smooth and have the iconic (semi later) 'ears' on the wolfhound. Bars and grids and such added to it's main gun arm and the cheast (so far more unique then then phoenix) and metal plate added to it's right leg up and it's left torso with a few 'spikes'

Posted ImageLots of changes here but I will shorten it, Metal plates added on arms, legs, centre and side torso. Shoulder design changed to be more angular, spikes added to claws which will be more visible when it opens and closes to fire. and the phoenix grade metal bars added to the legs, centre torso, etc.

Posted Image
Now the black knight.... entire head changed to be more round and smooth, the arm is riddled with spikes as well as one knee, metal plates added to the other and the upper leg, metal grids and bars added to the mechs ST's , Legs, and Arm, and also you can get the rest of the differences yourself.

Posted Image

Mauler, metal bars/ grids added to the legs, arms, ST's, CT, etc. Metal plates slapped on it's pelvis, legs, CT, etc. Spikes added to the knee, etc.

overall, more unique then the phoenix unique geo, instead of simply making those bumbs bigger or make the arm bigger (which I should add make the hitbox bigger) the resistance added NEW geo besides metal bars and such. This includes spikes, metal plates, etc.

Also the skin does have a notable effect of looking like it's battle warn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users