42 replies to this topic

#41 Scar Glamour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostKhobai, on 04 September 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

Again the problem with ECM isnt at short range. Its at long range. Are you dumb? Moving to short range isnt an option when the meta is dominated by long-range weapons and short-range weapons like SRMs are gimped beyond belief with bad hit detection.

Also nobody wants ECM to be pointless, they just want it to be balanced, and what it does not is NOT balanced for something that only weighs 1.5 tons. The benefits it provides are way too good for its trivial tonnage cost

Whoah, hold your horses right there, skipper. I am not questioning your mental capacity, am I? Doesn't mean I don't want to though.

The fact that meta is dominated by laser vomiting **** to death at 400 meters does not mean that you can flank and use cover to advance to brawling range. It takes coordination and brains, yeah, but it's an option. I play brawlers regularly, so I am talking from experience here.

Now you don't want to use tactics or change your playstyle, you want an easy way out, so you can use LRMs or whatnot and spot people more easily. Entitled, much?

#42 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

The fact that meta is dominated by laser vomiting **** to death at 400 meters does not mean that you can flank and use cover to advance to brawling range.

If youre playing a clan mech thats fast and has weapons that outrange IS mechs then its in your best interest to stay at long-range. Clan mechs dont want to close to short range because their whole advantage is at long range. That is what causes the current long-range meta. And ECM compounds that problem by hard countering one of IS only long-range weapons: LRMs.

Now you don't want to use tactics or change your playstyle, you want an easy way out, so you can use LRMs or whatnot and spot people more easily. Entitled, much?

No. Obviously if ECM is nerfed LRMs need to be rebalanced based on that. However LRMs are one of the few IS weapons that can compete with the range of clan weapons. So LRMs should be one of the IS counters to clan long-range. And sadly theyre not.

It is not okay for a 1.5 ton ECM to hard counter many times its own tonnage in LRMs. period.

Edited by Khobai, 04 September 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#43 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostWinterburn, on 04 September 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

Oh, my, I am being covered by ECM all the time and don't notice it? I would doubt that, but, obviously, you know my gameplay experience better than myself.

Even if you avoid friendly ECM on purpose, you still profit from it, because lots of people don't bring any LRMs in the current ECM situation.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users