#21 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 03 September 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

lol, yeah thats the dumbest thing I've ever seen... why not just fill the existing shoulders with those tubes just like the splatcat does with its ears.

Take a look at the Catapult...

#22 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Looks a lot like an Awesome to me. In the event I find myself piloting one of these, those missile launchers have to go.

#23 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostYellonet, on 03 September 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

Take a look at the Catapult...

I had a Splatcat (that I just sold two weeks ago), there was just like one or maybe two lauchers that bled out from under the ear covers. Other than that it looked pretty normal, not a bunch of wasted tobe space in the ears like that Mauler.

#24 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostYellonet, on 03 September 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 September 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

will depend on quirks and twist rate. from the sides those things are impervious. If you don't focus on DPS weapons, and twist, I think (think, mind you, don't claim to know for sure) it might be OK.

I think the shape of the hitboxes will have a lot to do with it too.

Posted Image

Just guesstimating hitboxes, but If the CT is the entire purple area, it will be fairly fat and vulnerable at the bottom, meaning anyone who aims between the crotch and the dakka emitters can pretty much ONLY hit CT. If they aim high though, it tapers considerably - but where does it end? Those blue boxes I question marked could possibly be CT also - which might not be a bad thing to help spread some damage from people aiming at those really vulerable ST's?

There are noticeable plates at the bottom of the CT that might be ST also - I question marked those - but I think that's wishful thinking more than anything else. I also hope to god that those little winglets adorning the CT at the bottom count as ST, otherwise the CT is much wider than the Awesome's at the bottom...

I think it will be one of those mechs with weaknesses you have to know about so you can exploit them. Just looking at those hitboxes, I would expect that i'd have to remain fairly mobile to spread damage, as the irregular shape of that CT would make it much harder to concentrate damage over elevation changes, and you'd need to have the benefit of direction changes in addition to torso twisting to be able to get those arms in position to block shots.

At the very least, I think it will be... interesting.

#26 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 03 September 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

I think the shape of the hitboxes will have a lot to do with it too.

Posted Image

Just guesstimating hitboxes, but If the CT is the entire purple area, it will be fairly fat and vulnerable at the bottom, meaning anyone who aims between the crotch and the dakka emitters can pretty much ONLY hit CT. If they aim high though, it tapers considerably - but where does it end? Those blue boxes I question marked could possibly be CT also - which might not be a bad thing to help spread some damage from people aiming at those really vulerable ST's?

There are noticeable plates at the bottom of the CT that might be ST also - I question marked those - but I think that's wishful thinking more than anything else. I also hope to god that those little winglets adorning the CT at the bottom count as ST, otherwise the CT is much wider than the Awesome's at the bottom...

I think it will be one of those mechs with weaknesses you have to know about so you can exploit them. Just looking at those hitboxes, I would expect that i'd have to remain fairly mobile to spread damage, as the irregular shape of that CT would make it much harder to concentrate damage over elevation changes, and you'd need to have the benefit of direction changes in addition to torso twisting to be able to get those arms in position to block shots.

At the very least, I think it will be... interesting.

I think your purple and green are pretty correct. I mean the thing has a torso like a kite, it's impossible make hitboxes that are actually the same size and the graphic that aren't huge. This is a probably for lots of assaults and why they can be killed so much faster than a light.

#27 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

Hitboxes IMO tend to follow a visible pattern on the model.
Your mockup seems fairly accurate tho I would put the green ? areas in the CT and the blue ? areas feels like they would fall under the side torsos.

Head, minus cockpit hitbox, should be CT as well.

#28 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

The way PGI did it looks best. Ur not going a mauler with carved out shouldres just b/c u want a more meta mech

#29 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostSaxie, on 03 September 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

kinda looks like an Awesome :ph34r:

It looks more Awesome than the Awesome itself.

#30 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image

Those blue boxes are actually Rear CT, which will be hot fixed about 3 weeks after release. And the little winglets at the bottom will be rear LT and RT.

#31 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

hmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 03 September 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#32 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Looks pretty Schweet. Definitely gonna build me a DVS-1D or something along those lines.

The shoulder pads kinda make it look like a football battlemech. Did they have that on solaris? Battlemech football?

#33 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

Looks pretty sexy, looking forward to it.
Havn't been in an assault mech in ages, last ones I mastered were stalkers.

#34 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

View PostKira_Onime, on 03 September 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Those ******* torsos man LOL

Posted Image

It looks like an Awesome, if the Awesome had liposuction, a boob lift, and shorter upper arms.

And did they fire their Camo guy? all these new custom camo's are turrible, from the bullet holes to the asymmetric red and black paint. This one doesn't even have guard rails all over it, which is ironically an improvement.

Edited by Agent 0 Fortune, 03 September 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#35 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 03 September 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

It looks like an Awesome, if the Awesome had liposuction, a boob lift, and shorter upper arms.

And did they fire their Camo guy? all these new custom camo's are turrible, from the bullet holes to the asymmetric red and black paint. This one doesn't even have guard rails all over it, which is ironically an improvement.

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS, PUNK.

#36 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

Yeah i'd kind of like my mechs without bullet holes to start with, I've got a misery for that.

Besides, its bound to have bullet holes by the end of a match if i want that look...

#37 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

View PostFunkin Disher, on 03 September 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Yeah i'd kind of like my mechs without bullet holes to start with, I've got a misery for that.

Besides, its bound to have bullet holes by the end of a match if i want that look...

Those aren't bullet holes on the Misery, they are acne scars.

#38 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 03 September 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Looks pretty Schweet. Definitely gonna build me a DVS-1D or something along those lines.

The shoulder pads kinda make it look like a football battlemech. Did they have that on solaris? Battlemech football?

BattleMech football - along with baseball, rugby, hockey, and chess - is part of the Noisiel Summer Games, first held on the Lyran world of Noisiel in 3047. ;)

A description of the Games can be found on pages 17-18 of Mercenaries Supplemental II.

The first Noisiel Summer Games were held in 3047, when Duke Michael - founder and CEO of Alextep Engineering Services (an interstellar producer of civilian and military engineering vehicles and equipment) - challenged his son and chief business rival, Heinrich (himself founder and CEO of Heinrich SupporTech Interstellar), to a unique form of BattleMech duel. Intended to resolve a professional conflict over who would bid on a government contract, the Alexteps planned to hold their duel in public on the rolling hills of Duke Michael’s Teppokhan Prime estate and invited all citizens to attend. The modest ticket price, both men also decided, would be divided evenly among local charities and a fund to pay for any repairs needed on the two family-owned Atlases used in the duel.
But while both Alexteps were accomplished MechWarriors and their machines would carry live ammunition, this was not to be a conventional duel by any stretch of the imagination.
Instead, Duke Michael’s challenge amounted to a one-on-one game of BattleMech-sized rugby, with a large, half-ton, ballistic-polymer sphere serving as the ball and a full square kilometer of the Alextep estate serving as the playing field.

The event, advertised by local media consortiums on several neighboring worlds, brought scores of spectators and proved an amazing success, and in the wake of the Clan invasion—after the younger Alextep served a tour in the AFFC on the Clan front—the Noisiel Summer Games became a part of local tradition and a huge boost for the planet’s tourism and entertainment industries.
In the years after the Clan invasion, the Alextep family has vastly expanded their Games to include a wide range of sports and opened the competitions to MechWarriors from Solaris and well as mercenaries looking for a break from the backstabbing politics of normal Inner Sphere life. Now a 12-day event held every local summer, the Games are part ’Mech show and part talent competition, but one which emphasizes more piloting skill and finesse than kill ratios. MechWarriors taking part in the Games are expected to compete in a variety of sports “upgraded” to BattleMech scale, including baseball, football, hockey, and chess. Unique BattleMech-based “talent shows”, parades, and pageants round out these festivities.

#39 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 03 September 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Actually, it does have guard rails, over the cannons and the shoulders. Check out the screenshots in the official thread: http://mwomercs.com/...77#entry4662777

Edited by zagibu, 03 September 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#40 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:01 AM

No need to ask if he lifts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users