#41 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 03 September 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Just do it. Community Warfare is where big groups should be pushed towards, and although as a mode it's not up to snuff quite yet, that's what the aim should be. Group Queue should be focused on making quick, competitive matches instead of catering to every option players want.

How about no?

#42 FiglioDiBatman

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAstrocaszy

Just allow solo players to opt in the group queue and ease MM to jigsaw full teams.

#43 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

View PostShredhead, on 03 September 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yeah, because there are so many 228 groups with more than 4 players in it...

Strange, I meet a lot of these.

View PostShredhead, on 03 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

And back again with silly accusations... Boohoo groups are the boogeyman!

Which matches? Nobody played in group queue back then because you couldn't find any! [Redacted].

[Redacted]

Edited by GM Patience, 03 September 2015 - 03:22 PM.
nonconstructive/insults

#44 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

View Postdaxiazun, on 03 September 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

SAY NO TO THIS ! THERE SHOULD BE A POLL

No, just do it, we can only let PGI find a workable solution if they can test new restrictions quickly. Polls don't mean it's best for the game and they certainly don't reflect the entire player base.

#45 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

Find some way to integrate normal queue with CW queue. Do not split the player base. Make it ONE game.

Make, for example, the first few out of 13 slots on a given planet light skirmishes, where medieval lords would have sent their pawns insteand of their knights. Use that pawn queue, to fill ranks and make support troops for the knights. Like 4 out of 12 can be pawns, so that leaves room for 8+4 vs 8+4×1 or 4+4+4×1 vs. 4+8×1 or whatever. Let 12-man only play against 12-man, bc of OP.

#46 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostSolahma, on 03 September 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

No, just do it, we can only let PGI find a workable solution if they can test new restrictions quickly. Polls don't mean it's best for the game and they certainly don't reflect the entire player base.

We all know how intelligent people are in mass. Surely listening to the hive mind will lead to the best game design ever.

#47 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:44 PM

while it is true that I do not play in a group greater than 4 that often but I used to really hate having to tell people that our group is full so I could not invite them, especially when the 4th was not on teamspeek so it looked like we were a 2-3 man group.

I understand that locking groups to maximum of 4, or even multiples of 4, could help improve the quality of matches and would accept the change with only minor irritation but I would prefer if it stays as it is.

#48 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 03 September 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Oooook ... BS. Quality of the average match in solo queue is still p!ss poor. You still see one team with 2-3 guys doing all the work carrying 9 scrubs who barely know how to walk, while another team has 10-12 "average" players and proceeds to steamroll the former. Is that what you understand as a "quality balanced match"? 90% of people I've started playing this game with about 3 years ago left the game forever because you did exactly that once before already. NOBODY wants to choose which friends they want to play with and which friends they'll have to pass on. And NOBODY wants to be told he can't play his favorite mech simply because your stupid MM can't balance a match. You do that again, your already low population will become non-existant. Honestly however, I don't even know why I bother replying at all. You never read your own official forum anyway. Over the span of 2.5 years since the "phase.1" of matchmaker came out there have been hundreds of suggestions on how to make it work properly, all of which were totally ignored.

No point is reading and responding to your posts or suggestions because according to you we can't even tie our own shoes. I will focus on those that are more reasonable. Here in this very thread there are others that agree that the solo queue has made the best matches yet in MWO - I guess we know what you think of them.

#49 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Please don't limit group sizes to 4, or even multiples of 4.

I enjoy playing with my friends. There are 4 to 9 of us at any one time. Don't make us choose, or need to juggle.

I'd be fine though with restrictions on classes of Mechs that can be brought, depending on group size. Eg. 1-1-1-1 for groups of 4 of less, 2-1-1-1 for a group of 5, 2-2-1-1 for a group of 6, etc. Perhaps this would help the jigsaw puzzle?

And no-one so-far has mentioned the curse of sync-dropping. If you limit to groups of 4, the big units will just try to sync-drop multiple groups, just as they used to.

Edited by Appogee, 03 September 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#50 Beijing

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 66 posts
  • LocationFranken

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 03 September 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Quality of the average match in solo queue is still p!ss poor. You still see one team with 2-3 guys doing all the work carrying 9 scrubs who barely know how to walk, while another team has 10-12 "average" players and proceeds to steamroll the former. Is that what you understand as a "quality balanced match"?

^ This.

My solo queue experience at the start of PSR was quite good, with almost every match pretty close as in 12-9, 12-10 or so.
But this went to actual stomps after a few days, as in 12-0 to 12-3, in almost every game; me being on either end.
This actually kills it for me.

#51 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 03 September 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Different perspective. Can we have an option to pug in group queue? It could decrease wait times and make those gaps easier to fill.

I really want to avoid this - it will only degrade the solo queue experience at least by some amount.

#52 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 03 September 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

No point is reading and responding to your posts or suggestions because according to you we can't even tie our own shoes. I will focus on those that are more reasonable. Here in this very thread there are others that agree that the solo queue has made the best matches yet in MWO - I guess we know what you think of them.

Ssh Russ, dont feed them. Just keep it calm, quiet and wait. :3

#53 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 03 September 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Just do it. Community Warfare is where big groups should be pushed towards, and although as a mode it's not up to snuff quite yet, that's what the aim should be. Group Queue should be focused on making quick, competitive matches instead of catering to every option players want.

I agree.

I think the return 4-man group limit would improve the group queue experience.

That said, I also think both solo and group public queues should return to to 8 v 8...and leave CW at 12 v 12.

8 v 8 matches were so much fun! And much easier to coordinate than 12 v 12.

#54 Clayton M Abernathy

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

I am for groups of 4 or less. I would like to not have 1/1/1/1. I prefer the lance composition of no more than three of any class.

#55 S C A R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 135 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

Exactly, 3 group sizes - 4, 8 and 12. At least people will have the option of playing in big groups.

PS. Please ignore trolls and [Redacted]. They are detriment to this community. You guys are doing fine, may be a little slow though))

#56 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

Thank you for coming at this with a plan, Russ & co.

Allowing parties larger than 4 in group queue was a response to last year's new all-solo queue as well as a half-measure to solve the lack of Community Warfare. Whether or not CW is exactly what every single player wants, 5+ parties aren't an entitlement — and as the data shows, they will perpetually interfere with good matchmaking. More importantly, the advantages of large-party group queue sessions undeniably draw players out of CW, causing longer CW queue times, causing more interest in group queue rolling, ad infinitum.

#57 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostJman5, on 03 September 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

With regards to chassis limits, what about a dynamic limit.
  • Group size 2-4: 1/1/1/1
  • Group size 5-8: 2/2/2/2
  • Group size 9-12: 3/3/3/3
This would help alleviate the mech mismatching.

Well this is precisely what 1/1/1/1 is across the board.

So your just saying to keep all group sizes as it is now but put the 1's throughout.

This could be a viable first option but it sounds many dislike that aspect as much as anything.

#58 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Russ,
I can understand wanting to make Group MM better but not at the expense of group size. This is the Group Queue for crying out loud limiting groups is the last variable we should consider touching not one of the first. Why is limiting group size better than taking away game mode choice. I would much rather give that up and go to 1/1/1/1 then go back to the dark days of 4 man groups.

As the leader of a moderately sized unit and one of the voices that pushed hard for the return of flexible group sizes originally I can't state enough how strongly I feel about once again losing this feature. IMHO this one thing makes or breaks the Group Queue for me.

I know the argument is well go do CW if you want to play in large groups. And sometime in the near future that may be a good option but again IMHO that time is not here yet. While CW Phase 1 and 2 were great starts it is still lacking in many areas for me to move the majority of my units play primarily to CW.

If we really need to make changes to the Group Queue then lets start small just like with weapon balance and see what happens. Going right back to 4 mans only seems more like a huge and risky leap.

#59 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I think something that people have to consider is that, although we enjoy quickly forming a group, many of us would RATHER quickly find a decent match.

By that I mean:
- Right now you easily form a group, take nearly whatever you want with 3/3/3/3, it's very convenient to FORM a group
- But then it can take a very long time to find a match, PSR difference proves that most matches are not balanced well, very inconvenient game experience.

- New system would be a bit more inconvenient for setting up the group
- But it will hopefully be extremely more convenient GAME experience. Better matches and faster search times.

There will always be a trade off. We've already seen 4-man groups in the past, it had its downsides. We had fun with nearly limitless freedom, but it also has faults.

#60 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I've been around for a while now and remember the hard-capped 4 player group queue, it was one of the most unpleasant factors of being in a Unit and simply not being able to group up with however many friends we wanted. 6 sitting in the TS channel? We end up dplitting into 2x 3 man groups and end up in diffrrent TS channels so as not to confuse game chatter. So from a social stand point, it was bloody horrible and I'm sure you could directly link a hefty drop in player population AND Unit's due to this restriction.

I may get shot down in flames for asking this but... why are the solo and group queues seperate entities in MWO? When games such as WoT / WoW and War Thunder have mixed queues, while apparantly having much larger player bases. How difficult would it be to have the MM "seed" groups and solo players based on accumulative or average PSR per team?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users