I Only Now Realized Executioners Have 8 Tons Of Hard Locked Jump Jets In Its Legs

32 replies to this topic

#21 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostWyest, on 03 September 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:

Just because you can do something, doesn't make it a good idea. Especially true in a mech with giant hitboxes that doesn't carry ECM. All jumping up high in an Executioner does is make you a perfect target for anyone on the other team with PPFLD weapons and a working pair of eyes.

So you are the one who decides if a 'Mech should jump or not?

The Executioner was originally designed with superior mobility (among the Assaults - I'd like to mention this to avoid some confusion later on) in mind.

View Postvnlk65n, on 03 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

...Instead of mounting a full suite because they can completely change how you play Mining Collective, you just mount one to lift your fat ass over knee high embankments or bring up a weapon that logically should be able to be raised to shoulder height in mechs with articulated elbows.

Mounting 3 (4 would be optimal) on a Highlander can indeed change how you play Mining Collective because now you can reach those upper levels/platforms.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 03 September 2015 - 11:30 PM.

#22 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:19 AM

View Postvnlk65n, on 03 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Jump jetting assaults bug me so much. If they really wanted to stop people from pop-tarting, why not just disable weapons while you're in the air? Make the reticle shake while you're falling too?

They never wanted to get completely rid of it, just reduce it; and it's still viable to a degree these days.

#23 Wyest

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:39 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 03 September 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

So you are the one who decides if a 'Mech should jump or not?

I don't care if the mech has jump jets. I care more that they're largely pointless because most of what you would want them for can be done with one or two, especially since MASC covers the maneuverability better than jumping does.

But you know what, you go ahead and keep jumping on the Citadel in River City all you like. I like free kills as much as the next person. And I don't know what else to call a tall assault mech standing on top of a building with stuff all cover and no ECM in full view of a semi-competent opponent.

#24 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostWyest, on 04 September 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

I don't care if the mech has jump jets. I care more that they're largely pointless because most of what you would want them for can be done with one or two, especially since MASC covers the maneuverability better than jumping does.

But you know what, you go ahead and keep jumping on the Citadel in River City all you like. I like free kills as much as the next person. And I don't know what else to call a tall assault mech standing on top of a building with stuff all cover and no ECM in full view of a semi-competent opponent.

We surely don't need any more negativity so let's keep it down.

Being able to reach a high ground is an advantage. On a flat terrain higher than the enemies, you can go into cover by going backward provided that you have sufficient space to do so.

MASC and JJs function differently and together, they make the EXE truly mobile.

#25 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 03 September 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

On a scale from 1-10, how slow am I?

Now when I see an Executioner I'll imagine its pilot scowling at having 8 tons of hard locked jump jets in their legs. I'll envision them holding a grudge and refusing to ever use their jump jets in some fit of the boycott is real, what would jesus do'ism. Images of themselves crying to sleep every night shaking their fist at the sky wondering whyyyy they can't have removable equipment like those OP inner sphere freebirths do. Oh, cruel world.

Why do EXE pilots never use their jump jets? Not even to turn in brawls? I've never seen an EXE pilot use jump jets. I didn't know they could mount jump jets until I looked at smurfy 5 minutes ago.

I use my EXE's jumpjets all the time.. but it depends on the map.. Mining Colective, Alpine Peaks and Canyon network see heavy use... Rivery city and other maps see less, since they are not that much needed there..

#26 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:05 AM

600 games in EXE. Constantly using my jump jets. MASC + JJ + MASC allows you to clear any rough terrain without losing momentum. Feathering the jump jets up hills and hitting masc upon landing allows you to glitch up some terrain that would normally be impassable. The JJs are also enough to be VERY useful on any map with 'platforms,' such as mining collective, HPG, canyon, etc.

#27 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 03 September 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

On a scale from 1-10, how slow am I?

Somewhere between potato and kumquat.

#28 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostEscef, on 04 September 2015 - 04:11 AM, said:

Somewhere between potato and kumquat.

Where does radish fall in that spectrum?

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

They need to increase thrust but decrease fuel on class I jumpjets.

Assaults should be able to jump as well as other weight classes but in much shorter bursts.

#30 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:47 AM

I use the JJs on the Executioner, but all the heat generated by Class 1 JJs means you really have to use them sparingly in closer range engagements where sustained fire is needed, especially in energy heavy builds. Actually using MASC to pick up extra speed and then jumping I have found to be very useful for scaling terrain.

People complain about the 4 ton locked in MASC too, but I gotta say even if it was unlocked, I don't think I would take it off. It truly is the best part of this Mech.

#31 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 03 September 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

They generate heat

They're HoverJets™

The thing is.. when you treat the Executioner closely to a Gargoyle (because, they are "brothers" - just for this game), then the Hoverjets™ are more or less an 8-ton paperweight (if I had it my way, I'll only keep half of them, save 4 tons for more DHS or something more useful).

#32 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Jump jets were nerfed to oblivion with screen shake and then their thrust was reduced for heavies and assaults such that they were more hoverjets and basically only serve to lift mechs above inch-height rocks that somehow impede the movement of 100-ton mechs. I never play any assault mechs with jump jets anymore (victor and highlander) because jump jets are just not worth the tonnage. It's better to just get a faster engine or more weapons.

#33 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:45 PM

if used in combination with masc, you can get pretty far, It almost made me feel like I was in my Victor pre Nerf.. but not quite.. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users