289 replies to this topic

#281 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostYellonet, on 09 September 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

Then apparently nobody aims very well, because ACH is very often in top of kills and damage.
Given your statement I must then assume that you and everyone in your team have godlike pixel perfect aim, so I can see how this is not a problem for you.

From my killing them, and from the pilots in the bracket I am playing in instantly killing them(me) yeah a lot of people don't have this problem.

#282 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostLugh, on 09 September 2015 - 05:44 AM, said:

From my killing them, and from the pilots in the bracket I am playing in instantly killing them(me) yeah a lot of people don't have this problem.

Then perhaps you can stop saying that it's not a problem, for top players like you it's not, but you are not in a majority.
It's a huge problem for a lot of players.

#283 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostLugh, on 09 September 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

They don't soak damage very well at all, you just don't aim very well.

Lets do a match and Ill bring my ACH out. I guarantee by the end of the fight whatever mech you brought will be either dead, crippled or extremely damaged to the point of you being a very easy target for everyone else. No light mech should have such an array of damage and durability. People have even stated in this thread and many others that these 2 chassis are grossly overpowered. I dont mean in derp mode but in the hands of a skilled pilot.

#284 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

Reread OP just to refresh myself.

I play a lot of lights and I still do not think a light should be able to 1:1 an Assault (with a reasonable build/pilot). It just shouldn't happen. The Light should need some assistance to take the Assault down.

A Light versus a Heavy should be a hell of a fight but possible. Light versus Medium and other Lights should be it's MO. I'm not saying a Light shouldn't attack an Assault, all I'm saying is he should need a friend or two along.

There are situations though that Lights can and should take advantage of. Do some scouting and recon and be opportunists once things heat up. If the Assault pilot ignores you while you burn your way through it's back, so be it.

#285 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostYellonet, on 09 September 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Then perhaps you can stop saying that it's not a problem, for top players like you it's not, but you are not in a majority.

I'd like your opinion on something. At whose level should balance decisions be made? Should it be at the level of top players, average players, bottom players, or something else?

#286 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

View PostMystere, on 09 September 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I'd like your opinion on something. At whose level should balance decisions be made? Should it be at the level of top players, average players, bottom players, or something else?

Balance shouldn't have anything to do with player ability.

Trying to balance the game around player ability (which is highly subjective) brought us this quirk mess.

A formulaic approach to balance should ignore players as a variable entirely.

#287 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 09 September 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Balance shouldn't have anything to do with player ability.

Trying to balance the game around player ability (which is highly subjective) brought us this quirk mess.

A formulaic approach to balance should ignore players as a variable entirely.

I do suspect PGI is following some kind of formula, but is being constantly derailed by "loud forum complaints" (to put things politely).

But if the top players say "They die just fine.'", the average ones say "They are tough but can still be killed.", and the worst players say "They cannot be killed.", and your forums are on fire because of this, what are you doing to do?

I am asking because it looks to me as if PGI is bowing to the mob instead of sticking to their guns, as shown by the endless buff and nerf cycles that have already gone beyond just going full circle. PGI is "reacting" and not "acting", if you know what I mean.

Edited by Mystere, 10 September 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#288 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostYellonet, on 09 September 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

I'm not tops. I am at best low tier 2, or high tier 3. I am also not the most capable duelist on the planet either, but find light mechs on the whole to be anywhere from super easy to kill (srms v shutdown) or SSRMs anytime, to easy (any long duration ML), to moderately difficult, Short Duration Pulse lasers, long burn time high heat ER LLs, to dear god let me get lucky (ACs).

That's in those weapon groups taken individually.

Now in Uncle Lugh's school of aim, he teaches hit scan lasers (long burn times) to find the pest's hit boxes, THEN open up with ballistics/SRMs and all the rest.

So its ONE laser to find the rest to fire and finish.

Go forth my studious pupil and profit from the wisdom.

#289 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

My biggest regret in life was leveling the Myst Lynx, the extra 5 tons for the CW dropdeck wasn't worth it, especially since the Arctic Cheetah came out right after I finished leveling it. I'd love to at last remove the BAP from it, not that it'll save that trainwreck of a mech.

#290 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostPalmaRoma, on 10 September 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

My biggest regret in life MW:O was leveling the Myst Lynx, the extra 5 tons for the CW dropdeck wasn't worth it, especially since the Arctic Cheetah came out right after I finished leveling it. I'd love to at last remove the BAP from it, not that it'll save that trainwreck of a mech.

Fixed.

(and if that DIDN'T fix it, then it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Hefner)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users