Pts Feedback To New Tutorial And Mwa

No replies to this topic

#1 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:59 AM

A short feedback from a low "ELO"/PC/skilled player

1. After the Movie, I tried to go into Settings, because, I wanted a bit higher dialog volume... after that, I was stocked in the Settings... Resume Match was grey... at the end, I had to start the Tutorial from the Home Screen again..

2. "F1 Tutorial-Help" shows just the Default Keyboard Settings.. not my actual.. hmm.. "bit modificated" version.. (And beside that "F1" is for example Night Vision for me.)

3. The "Driver Lesson" want, some "Hit Unbound Button".. (Like I said.. my own settings.. Ye.. I don't use EVERY possible Keys.. I don't kow how many other players use own settings.. )

4. On the "Weapons First Try-out".. I changed the Weapon Group Settings.. The Old Guy didn't noticed it...

Hmm.. perhaps you should make a hard lock on the Weapon Group Setting, till the Mechs leaves the starting area..

5. After I screwed the "Green Smoke" Driving Test.. (not even Bronze).. I went into the "A White-Light".. to do it again.. the screen went black (to load the begin of the the challenge) and the voice contiuned.. but during that time my Mech "walked away" (so it didn't stopped, even when I couldn't see anything..)

[Sideinfo: I always walk with the "%-trottle" button, mostly with the "100%".. ]

PS.. Hmm... looks like, this "black-loading-sceen-Mech-walkthrough"-thing is normal for this Tutorial. But, I think, it would be better, if the Mechs would stop moving, during the screen loads.. I had this problem many times during this tests...

6. Ye.. "One Shot" wasn't enough for the "Bad CT Atlas".. no matter, what the Old Gay said... I had to shot 2 LL to kill it...

7. On the low(est) graphical settings, there IS NO "NORMAL SMOKE".. so the "Enemy Commando" (Target 3/5 Mech) couldn't hide behind it...

Hmm.. Perhaps you should change in this Tutorial, the texture of this particular smoke for a "visiable smoke texture style", like the previous green or yellow one was.. (I assume I am not the only player ever, who played this Tutorial on the lowest graphical settings..)

8. In the "Turret Kill Game" I found the 8th. Turret (near the pier) just after at the fifth try/run.. For me, it was very hard to see.. I don't know it is intended or not.. .. if not... you should put it to a better visiable place..

PS. Later, I run in a funny thing, with those Turrets in my 4 x ERLL Mysery... After my Alpha Strike, they gave me numbers like "37" (DMG indicator)... (??? How can a 36-Alpha Mech make 37 DMG ???)

Beside that.. those Damage Numbers should be red (color)..

9. I think many other players said here, that the Gauntlet and Cored-CT Games are bit buggy... after a while nobody shoot at me... so.. you know that alredy..

To this point... I would suggest... that, in this "Simulator Game Modes" after a player hit the Target Mechs, they should not just simply power down, but they should instantly disappear from their position..

It would not just make easier for the players to concentrate on the "Still Living Targets", but I think, it would make a much stronger "Simulation Game Feeling"...

(And beside that, we don't have the urgent feelings, to shot those targets to wreckage... Right?)

Actually, I think this Tutorial/MWA is a very good try to make new players a bit familiar with MWO.. I am sure, you will polish it a bit.. so.. I will try it again later too.. but I had alredy fun with this version too...

Thank you for readings!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users