8 replies to this topic

#1 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Well as the topic says I am not a new player having been playing since CB but I have zero experience in CW. If I align my small merc unit to help Davion in this latest mission (just an example) how long must we fight for Davion.

Is there a better place for me to seek information on CW? all the CW channels were locked?

Thank you.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostKaptain, on 04 September 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Well as the topic says I am not a new player having been playing since CB but I have zero experience in CW. If I align my small merc unit to help Davion in this latest mission (just an example) how long must we fight for Davion.

Is there a better place for me to seek information on CW? all the CW channels were locked?

Thank you.

You can pick a contract with it's own expiration date:

1 day, week, month, permanent. Up to you.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by CW channels. Faction Teamspeak servers are open to the public, and the addresses are available for each one in their section of the forums

For example, Davion's TS3 server is ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345

Edited by IraqiWalker, 04 September 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#3 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 September 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

You can pick a contract with it's own expiration date:

1 day, week, month, permanent. Up to you.

Thank you!

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostKaptain, on 04 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thank you!

Happy to help XD. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 05 September 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

Here are all the tutorials I've made related to CW. Hope they help.

https://www.youtube....M5iZBc94hAMs8HD 28 - 36 on the playlist and here are a couple of live matches

#6 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

most engagements are longer range, and most last for longer, so you are going to want to bring extra ammo over your public queue builds.

maps are larger and actually get used so you are going to want something with medium speed or better, because if you are attacking, you WILL be walking for the better part of 5km, so to put that in perspective, 70kph is around the slowest you can be and still take the initiative from the enemy.

LRMS are still bad, since you need so much ammo to do good damage, it's unreasonable to carry 2000 missiles.

IS often brings Large lasers, and Clan usually bring Large pulse lasers.

your "drop deck" (your selection of mechs that you are bringing into cw) has a limit of 240 tons on a normal day (current davion event has a raised cap of 260t)

you are required to select 4 mechs, and can choose any of the mechs you own as well as all of the available trial mechs to fill out your tonnage, however, the only real requirement is 4 mechs, so one could take 4 lights but that's ill advised.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/map has all of the CW maps if you want to study them, you can also check them out in the testing grounds.

#7 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

View Postzudukai, on 05 September 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

your "drop deck" (your selection of mechs that you are bringing into cw) has a limit of 240 tons on a normal day...you are required to select 4 mechs, and can choose any of the mechs you own as well as all of the available trial mechs to fill out your tonnage, however, the only real requirement is 4 mechs, so one could take 4 lights but that's ill advised.

Dropship lower limit is 160t, so you can't actually bring 4 lights. Unless you count Cicadas as lights, which most people do. ;)

#8 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Go to the CW forum and look at the stickies for a CW guide. That may help.

if you come to the mercstar ts we have some training channels with a bunch of useful info in the sidebars for CW. Its not just for members of CW but really for everyone and we also are willing to work with new players that are willing to listen and learn fast.

There is a redstar training guide there we use internally but its not exactly a super secret thing either. We use it to help establish a baseline with the new recruits but you can just use it for yourself if you want.

look for a ts button on the mercstar.net homepage and the TS channels you are looking for are near the top

#9 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:21 PM

OP:

Until several hours ago, I was also in the same situation. Not new, but never played CW until TODAY.

There's a pretty big body of knowledge (overmatched 10:1 by hatred and cheap whine) somewhere in these forums, as well as some dev posts and even links to videos explaining a lot of it.

Or, ask Kin3ticX. Dude knows his stuff, and he's a helpful soul.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users