30 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:35 AM

I will reserve judgment till I can take them for a drive.

I just hope the hit boxes are not "awesome" in size aka XL equating to instant death

#22 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostBoyka, on 07 September 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

Quirks or not, 70 degree torso twist range is not enough in my opinion, arms are huge but torso speed is slow cause the 325 engine limit.
This data tell me torso twist and arm shield are not very user friendly in this mech, we'll see tomorrow.

So in other word this mech will feel like a 90 ton beast. I hope that all assaults would be limited to 90 degrees or less on the torso twist. Give them limits. If the 3,3,3,3 restiction was discarded I bet we would see 10 assaults and 2 heavies team start to drop again. Assaults have all the perks and PGI can at least give them mobility and agility draw backs. Why do assaults need to be great at everything.

View PostRamrod AI, on 07 September 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

Wow the quirks blow. Like really blow. Really really blow. I was hoping for higher percentages with ballistics at least. And lasers....c'mon PGI. There needs to be a reason to pilot this mech.

Quirks are almost meaningless at this point. I bet the new balance pass is about 6 weeks away and we will lose about 95% of the quirks that are out there right now. So what ever quirks the Mauler has won't last long at all. Also better it be under qiurked then have it op as the hankyu was. People don'y mind when things get a boust but will cry when they get nerfed.

#23 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

The quirks are not that bad... but the issue is they are not that good either. The only good build I can see is maybe a 4x LRM15... otherwise its just okay. Its sad that we can tell if a mech will be good or not before its even out just simply looking at its quirks. But that's the problem with all IS mechs though, they are at the mercy of PGI's quirks for them.

View PostRushmoar, on 08 September 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Quirks are almost meaningless at this point. I bet the new balance pass is about 6 weeks away and we will lose about 95% of the quirks that are out there right now. So what ever quirks the Mauler has won't last long at all. Also better it be under qiurked then have it op as the hankyu was. People don'y mind when things get a boust but will cry when they get nerfed.

Why do you say that? Do you really think they will just simply remove all the quirks and replace them with nothing? IS and a few clan mechs do not stand a chance without quirks. If anything you will see 95% MORE quirks to bring those low tiered IS/clan mechs up to par. Just as you stated, people don't mind when things get a boost, but will cry when they get nerfed.

Edited by Wronka, 08 September 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#24 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

for those people whining about the Torso Twist, Maulers never even HAD one previous to MWO, at least in Sarna's Database. just like the Nova and the Yeoman.

#25 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostRushmoar, on 08 September 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

So in other word this mech will feel like a 90 ton beast. I hope that all assaults would be limited to 90 degrees or less on the torso twist. Give them limits. If the 3,3,3,3 restiction was discarded I bet we would see 10 assaults and 2 heavies team start to drop again. Assaults have all the perks and PGI can at least give them mobility and agility draw backs. Why do assaults need to be great at everything.

Oh yeah all assaults are OP, plenty of awesome, highlander and victor in all matches, and the assault queue is always 50%..

If you dont like assaults that's your problem, your suggestions are just selfish. Assaults have limits, can carry more weapons and armor but are slow and clumsy.

I'm not an assault pilot, my speech is based on what I see, not what I want.

For Mauler in particular its arms are designed for cover torso but they cannot be used like shields properly cause the poor torso twist. you can see what I mean in the NGNG video in the countdown page; arms seem effective only against lrms but useless in general, you can notice the damage is ever focused in the CT even if pilots use torso twist.

I may be wrong but for what I see seem this mech need more torso twist, we'll see if other notice the same problem using it in battle the next days.

About quirk system I expect lots of small changes but not a revolution. We have quirk system from one year by now, replace a well tested system with another completely new just before Steam launch seem stupid to me.

Edited by Boyka, 08 September 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#26 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

A note you can use the laser head? :D Not this bad the Mauler and not worth for heavy machine guns ac / 5 use ;) . The players who do not like the fire power of this Mauler vs Clan and IS Mech. :)

#27 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 08 September 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

for those people whining about the Torso Twist, Maulers never even HAD one previous to MWO, at least in Sarna's Database. just like the Nova and the Yeoman.

Mechwarrior 4 had a torso twist for it?

#28 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Well...after playing a few matches with all my Maulers I have to say.....I'm enjoying it so far. Even though I'm using XL on some of the builds, in combination with the weapon layout it's a reasonable trade of. As in most of the builds are long range. I really don't want to get enemy mechs to close to me :)

#29 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostPPO Kuro, on 09 September 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

Well...after playing a few matches with all my Maulers I have to say.....I'm enjoying it so far. Even though I'm using XL on some of the builds, in combination with the weapon layout it's a reasonable trade of. As in most of the builds are long range. I really don't want to get enemy mechs to close to me :)

This. I had a (very brief) short-range engagement around a small outcropping in Bog between my Banshee and a Mauler. The Mauler did not get the better end of that.

#30 AJ Corb

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

You all do know the Mauler might only have 70 degrees but that is an improvement over the normal one. the construction of the mech makes moving very hard, and on the original board game the mauler was a beast, movable or not due to the huge Armour it have it was a tank. mainly made for long range engagements it didn't need a fast torso twist. But any engagment like on thykwad the mauler was in trouble due to the thick forest, which is why the bushwacker would be paired with it.
BTW WHERE IS THE BUSHWHACKER??? one of the best innersphere mechs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users