ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

https://youtu.be/7M94zgssYDA
You're the one claiming simulators cred.
Again, everything I've said it's documented fact, available to anyone who can google. Your argument is you know people and play video games.

I know which standard of proof holds up in a court of law. And it ain't yours

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 09 September 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#82 Erkki

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Posted Image
Apparently F-22s don't even have HMD yet.

At least it still has very tiny frontal radar cross section, AESA radar, supercruise and can internally carry more than F-35's 2xAIM-120 + 2xAIM-9s.

#83 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

My problem with the ACH is the name...

There would never be any Cheetahs in the Arctic, they don't have the body mass for it, and if they had enough hair to make up for it, they'd look like Fizgig.

Posted Image

#84 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

Took my Cheetah out for a couple matches last night, and I gotta say.... Its still awesome! A little fragile across the chest, but it IS a 30 ton mech after all, so....

Overall, from both sides of the conflict (Clan vs IS) I'm pretty happy.

#85 PaeuxP22

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:49 AM

Ehhhh it's good, but it's not quite the spider/fs9 rage we've had before. Yes it's good. Yes it's hard to kill. Yes it does quite a lot of damage, yes it's almost certainly the best light (not that it's saying much).

I would still rather run into one of them than a timby/crow as, I suspect, would most of us. So I dont see the huge issue.

Before I get a lot of "lights shouldn't be as good as heavies" bs, can I ask why not. The role warfare system we have is a joke, if I scout an entire team I make as many cbills as 1 kill so why shouldn't a light pilot have his fair share of making money/exp

In other games I'm pretty sure a wizard capable of bringing lightning from the sky should not worry about a guy who is really really great with a bow and arrow, yet they are.

It's a game its not real life, if it reflected real life then there would be a repair/rearm cost to the mech at the end of a fight where lights would again do better as they are smaller but no. In a fighting game if one class cannot fight then why are they there.

Ps I'm not saying all lights should be buffed to ach/fs9 levels just as I'm not saying all heavies should be the same as the timbergods. But if something comes along that's a game changer then the choice ought to be change or die, not continue as before then cry about until someone makes the bad thing go away.

Pps I own the cheetah, I've played 4 games ever in them and was just as sucky In them as anything else

#86 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostYellonet, on 09 September 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

Uh.. ok, personally I have no problem with any other mech in the game. ACH is the most difficult mech to kill in the entire game, and I've heard many others say the same.

What problems do you have killing an ACH? I just don't understand how you can consider the best light in the game as the most dangerous mech in the game.

#87 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

I thought the consensus was the cheetah was so good mainly because of the quirks on the legs.

They didn't touch the legs, so it shouldn't have changed much.

#88 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostCoolant, on 08 September 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

ECM does nothing against lasers or ballistics, so it wouldn't have done squat. The issue is the Arctic Cheetah's hitboxes.

umm no. If ECM didnt stack, then BAP + streaks would actually be useful...Since streaks and BAP suck, Cheetahs and other lights are annoying.

Fixing missiles and ECM would stop all of the bitching about lights.

#89 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

I thought the consensus was the cheetah was so good mainly because of the quirks on the legs.

They didn't touch the legs, so it shouldn't have changed much.

That's pretty much it. It's a bit warmer to pilot, and the arms/torsos are a bit squishier, but that is hard for me to tell in the high alpha game we play these days - usually for me the side torso is lightly scratched or destroyed outright in one volley, no different than pre-nerf.

It will be interesting to see if things change much for the ACH if/when ECM range is reduced.

#90 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 09 September 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

your ml deal 15 damage? it has a whole gauss shot worth of invisible magical structure over other lights

Adder: Additional structure on legs= +12
Commando= +12
Kit Fox= +10
Locust= +16
Myst Lynx= +12
Panther= +4/6
Raven= +8
Spider= +0
FS9=+0
Jenner= +0, except the Oxide gets +4
Cheeto= +15

So, by "other lights" you mean FS9, the subject of months of QQ prior to the cheeto, the Spider, where "leg it!" has been the only tactic for the mech since it released pretty much, and the Jenner. I got nothing for the Jenner, I never noticed it got skipped on the leg structure, though truth be told Jenner has other hitbox things to worry about right now anyway.

5 lights have five or less difference in structure bonus. 5 have a larger difference, however the FS9 and Spider should not surprise ANYONE given the amount of forum rage we had for years about it/them. One could make a case about the Panther(not sure why it didn't get at least +8 with it's JJ and limited hardpoints) and Jenner(CT is weak enough lol) and MAYBE, a couple raven variants should be bumped to 12, but I am not sure, PGI would have to datamine leg deaths on the chassis/variant.

So yeah, a ML worth of structure over what I would call the average, given the history of the Spider and FS9- and the fact most of the leg quirks are still resultant of Russ initial "ask the tryhards" method of determining worth of a chassis.

I took those numbers directly from the "mech stats" window in game, right now. Using your % style of display:

OMG Locust Pirates Bane has 200% structure quirk leg buff!! PB OP, PGi plz nerf! that makes the cheeto 107% look paltry indeed!! Plus PB gets +50% armor on the arms and 20% range and cooldown on SL!! OMGOPBBQ!!!1!

Perspective. IMO, +15 is a little too much for the cheeto given it's stablemates numbers and it's ability to shoot from cover(shoot over the top of it protecting legs some) vs some others. HOWEVER, I would also say I would NEVER consider nerfing light leg buffs, and would ADD to the others instead to even the field.

OMG, Cheetos OP plz nerf.
THEY DID.
OMG, they didn;t nerf the legs!!!
THEY SHOULDN'T.

If you want to buff the other chassis legs, I am behind you all the way, lights need some durability to participate in the fight! Fight is really all we got after all. I will never agree to removing any legs buffs from any chassis, including the cheeto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users