Resistance 2 Faction Content And Selection Date

18 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,
The Mauler dropped onto the battlefield in today's patch!
According to the standard established with Wave 3, the Mauler (and all subsequent Resistance 2 'Mechs) can apply any of the standard Patterns.
All Resistance 2 Faction Content is set for release on October 20th when the final Resistance 2 'Mech is released.
Faction Content selections will also go live on October 20th.
If you want to apply Faction Patterns to your Resistance 2 'Mechs, we recommend that you wait until October 20th so you can make your Faction Content selections and redeem your Patterns at no cost. 
Once you make your selections on October 20th you'll receive those Patterns (and other Faction content) for free. Up until that date, applying Faction Patterns to your Resistance 2 'Mechs will require MC.
Core Details
  • All non-Faction Patterns are immediately available for application on Resistance 2 'Mechs as they release
  • Faction Content will be available for selection and release starting October 20th
  • Equipping Faction Content onto your Resistance 2 'Mechs before October 20th will cost MC

#2 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

can yo update the badge ?

#3 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

"mwomercs.com/profile/content" Already have all selected will be necessary to do it again? I have bought 6 Resistance 1

#4 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

What's the logic behind not releasing the faction content for the mechpack mechs until the end of the release cycle?

I hate to be this negative, but the only reason I can see for doing this is to try and scrape up a few extra $ from people who either didn't read this note (and therefore don't realise they're being charged MC to apply patterns to their new Mauler) or who are too impatient to walk around in a stock paintjob.

Having potentially already spent $80 on the mechs, this feels really underhand and unworthy.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

Gotta relax on the itchy trigger finger when waiting for the faction camos for the mechs.

#6 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

THE MAULER MECH.

So excited to see the mech and then took a look at the LOAD OUT......GRRRRRR

Who's bright Idea was it to give all the VARIANT MAULERS FERRO FIBEROUS ARMOR?
Now i have to spend some C Bills to take that Junk OFF!!!! Better to have Left it STANDARD ARMOR

Person should be taken out to the street and terminated with an 11 ER PPC Direwolf for poor decision making!!!!

#7 Zandel Corrin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostAno, on 08 September 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

What's the logic behind not releasing the faction content for the mechpack mechs until the end of the release cycle?

I hate to be this negative, but the only reason I can see for doing this is to try and scrape up a few extra $ from people who either didn't read this note (and therefore don't realise they're being charged MC to apply patterns to their new Mauler) or who are too impatient to walk around in a stock paintjob.

Having potentially already spent $80 on the mechs, this feels really underhand and unworthy.

My guess is that the game coding doesn't allow them to give you all your choices for all the mechs in the pack till they are in your hanger. I can see no other reason to do it this way.

#8 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostZandel Corrin, on 09 September 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

My guess is that the game coding doesn't allow them to give you all your choices for all the mechs in the pack till they are in your hanger. I can see no other reason to do it this way.

I guess that could be it -- but if that's the case, my mind does slightly boggle at how convoluted the UI/backend code must be that something along the lines of

If (variant=available AND variant=owned) {
   RetrieveAvailableCamoOptions (thisVariant);
}

Isn't achievable, but allowing me to buy camo options works just fine.

Edited by Ano, 09 September 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#9 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 08 September 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

THE MAULER MECH.

So excited to see the mech and then took a look at the LOAD OUT......GRRRRRR

Who's bright Idea was it to give all the VARIANT MAULERS FERRO FIBEROUS ARMOR?
Now i have to spend some C Bills to take that Junk OFF!!!! Better to have Left it STANDARD ARMOR

Person should be taken out to the street and terminated with an 11 ER PPC Direwolf for poor decision making!!!!

FASA is why the 1R has it, PGI however created the other variants...

#10 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:32 AM

Sorry guys I'm not quite clear. If I buy the Wolfhound or Crab now will I get the special variant still or not?

#11 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

This is stupid as ****. I guess I'll just wait till the 20th to play again. Certainly won't be activating any premium time. $80 preorder for delayed release of content. hahahaha. You guys suck.

#12 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 September 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

All Resistance 2 Faction Content is set for release on October 20th when the final Resistance 2 'Mech is released.
Faction Content selections will also go live on October 20th.

If you want to apply Faction Patterns to your Resistance 2 'Mechs, we recommend that you wait until October 20th so you can make your Faction Content selections and redeem your Patterns at no cost.

Once you make your selections on October 20th you'll receive those Patterns (and other Faction content) for free. Up until that date, applying Faction Patterns to your Resistance 2 'Mechs will require MC.

I... I... Why? I don't... I can't even. Why do that? If it is in the game, since I can buy it for MC, why can't I just unlock it since I bought the pack? I don't understand why you guys do this.

I don't really understand why you don't have different faction content either.
I'm basically unlocking the same faction content over and over, which makes me less likely to buy these packs in the future when one of your major selling points isn't really all that exciting anymore. Why not apply the faction content from the first wave to all of them, and then have something totally new to select from with the next pack and again in the pack after that? That might increase the likely hood of people getting these things instead of just waiting for the C-Bill release.

I'm just giving you some customer feedback, I hope you guys gain some kind of useful input from it.

#13 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

^agreed. why I'm done buying packages. I would like the IICs but you never do anything exciting and new with packages.

#14 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostK19, on 08 September 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

"mwomercs.com/profile/content" Already have all selected will be necessary to do it again? I have bought 6 Resistance 1

Resistance 1 unlocks only apply to Resistance 1 'Mechs. On October 20th you will gain access to a new set of unlock options for Resistance 2.

#15 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Is it me or is this Resistance 2 pack being released in reverse order from how Resistance 1 was released? :huh: I just feel a bit " :wacko:" about the method being used this go-around.

Edited by Grendel408, 10 September 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#16 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

I'm pretty much done spending any money on this game at all. The way PGI operates just pisses me off and I don't want to give these incompetent fools any more of my money. I won't stop playing the game but unless something really grabs me I probably won't be giving PGI another cent of my hard earned dough. I don't even understand why the mechs have to be rolled out one chassis at a time but the faction content really doesn't make any sense at all. Why can't it just be released when the first mech is? If they started releasing some more actual game content (more maps, more involving PVP modes, PVE misisons, etc) rather than just mech pack after mech pack they may earn the right to some more spending from me but until then, and as long as they continue to delay the release of **** I paid for after the release date, I will have to seriously consider whether I want to spend any more. Also, some transparency regarding exactly what is going on and what we're getting would be nice. Does anyone know yet if we're getting all six colours listed for each faction for Resistance II or if we have to pick 3 of them?

#17 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

Faction content date gets worse and worse, was bad enough when it was the third mech, the fourth is just insulting, last packs I buy

#18 Mongoose001

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

The most time I will play these new R2 mechs is when I first get them - to master them up. So that means that I don't get to use the faction content on these first 3 mechs for the main part that I play them. Why delay and restrict it from the people that paid money for it???

#19 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

you only get the colours of your chosen faction (2). if you choose one faction 4 times you still get only 2. but if you choose several factions to get the colours you get a lot of useless junk (warhorns, standing items a.s.o.) you maybe never will use. i made this experience with R1.

btw: i almost never see a mech in faction camo. i painted my mechs in my units colours on the standart camo, looks nice. and my crabs (and maulers and bks) are still working well. ... and they all have a warhorn and a standing item. So i dont know what the problem is.

the premium time makes sense when all mechs are out and you can master them in that 30-60 days. most buyers of mech packs have premium time anyway. But you are right, its annoying for those who dont. ...but you will get your stuff in a few days

but thats only my opinion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users