30 replies to this topic

#1 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

Hello Mechwarrors,

just wanted to share my satisfaction with the 0XP i recently bought at the gift store.
I'm running a very simple standard 300+AC20+4xMLs build, and it's working wonders.
What really makes it shine are the quirks for extra armor&structure and faster torso twisting.
The result is a mech that spreads damage like a boss, and can take ridiculous punishment.
I've noticed that in a brawl i can often force opponents into shutting down by just refusing to die, all the while placing one AC20 shell after another into their CT.
ECM adds flexibility and is a welcome addition too (but with the amount of ecm going around these days, it's not like it makes a big difference).

Is it tier 1? Hell no! But it sure works well.

"Who cares?" i hear you ask?
Well, this has shown something to me: that armor+structure and agility quirks (of which i expect a lot of in the future rebalance pass) are awesome and can (almost) be on par with weapon quirks, if done well.

Edited by TheCharlatan, 07 September 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#2 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

Despite not being "The Best" chassis, the Cataphract is still a very good chassis and I get great scores in my Cataphract 3D with 2xUAC5 and 4MLs. Was thinking about getting the 0XP but I'm not about to drop real money on it.

#3 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 07 September 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Despite not being "The Best" chassis, the Cataphract is still a very good chassis and I get great scores in my Cataphract 3D with 2xUAC5 and 4MLs. Was thinking about getting the 0XP but I'm not about to drop real money on it.

You don't have to its out for C-bills.

#4 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 07 September 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

You don't have to its out for C-bills.

Fancy that, I've never bothered to look :P

#5 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

Agree, had a great time skilling this one. Didn't touch it since though... too many mechs, too little time...

CATAPHRACT CTF-0XP 22 13 9 1.44 38 11 3.45 10,473 47,238 02:36:14

#6 Wayward Herald

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

well ive had mine since the last patch and love her so much. 15 matches 29 kills only 4 deaths. 4xML and AC20 plus a 270 engine.
Not a mech to charge in but to be all Ninja like and then push half way into the battle until your AC20 runs dry :D awesomsauce

#7 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 07 September 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

Hello Mechwarrors,

just wanted to share my satisfaction with the 0XP i recently bought at the gift store.
I'm running a very simple standard 300+AC20+4xMLs build, and it's working wonders.
What really makes it shine are the quirks for extra armor&structure and faster torso twisting.
The result is a mech that spreads damage like a boss, and can take ridiculous punishment.
I've noticed that in a brawl i can often force opponents into shutting down by just refusing to die, all the while placing one AC20 shell after another into their CT.
ECM adds flexibility and is a welcome addition too (but with the amount of ecm going around these days, it's not like it makes a big difference).

Well, this has shown something to me: that armor+structure and agility quirks (of which i expect a lot of in the future rebalance pass) are awesome and can (almost) be on par with weapon quirks, if done well.

exactly what i experienced with it, with the same loadout. Is there even another?
However, this thing brawls like a boss and at least short range is a real threat to everything.

#8 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

View Post627, on 07 September 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

exactly what i experienced with it, with the same loadout. Is there even another?
However, this thing brawls like a boss and at least short range is a real threat to everything.

I'm quite fond of XL295, Guass + 3 LL. Fragile, since everyone worth their salt goes for the RT. But if your peek game is strong it's a great mech.

#9 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostLunatech, on 07 September 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

I'm quite fond of XL295, Guass + 3 LL. Fragile, since everyone worth their salt goes for the RT. But if your peek game is strong it's a great mech.

Running Gauss+3LL as well but I think I'm on a 300xl. I don't take it out much these days, not because I dislike it, but there are other mechs I try to get better with. Put proper camo on it and people will never see you coming in Forest. If community warfare improves for me this will definitely be in my CW drop deck. I'm even tempted to buy 2 more and throw it in with a spider or something.

Edited by Elizander, 07 September 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#10 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

My "go to" load out on the -0XP is the gauss, 2 ERLL, and 2 ML. I have mine mastered and carry the following mods: 25% extended sensor range, adv zoom, and range/reload for gauss. Nothing gives me rise more than to land 5-6 hits on an enemy heavy or assault mech before they knew what hit them from 1200m and further out. Ditto for hitting that proverbial light scout mech that sky lines on a ridge from waaay out there as well.

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

It's got ECM. Like most chassis, this easily puts it up a few notches on everyone else.

#12 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

2 LPLs and an AC20 works well also.

#13 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

CTF-0XP

Had a lot of fun with that.

#14 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostEboli, on 07 September 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

2 LPLs and an AC20 works well also.

Same here, worked like a charm.

#15 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

I run my with 2xLPL, 2xML and Gauss for all the meta points. Despite my best intentions, I could never really get great results with the AC20 + 4xML. The AC20 is far too hot in MWO, if you ask me.

#16 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 07 September 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I run my with 2xLPL, 2xML and Gauss for all the meta points. Despite my best intentions, I could never really get great results with the AC20 + 4xML. The AC20 is far too hot in MWO, if you ask me.

I love the lplas because the burn time and charge up are close enough to use as another flag on firing. Wish I was good enough to get 2 ppc and gauss to sink up reliably, but we know the story

#17 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

Hello Mechwarrors,

Yep, the 0XP is my favorite Phract. AC20 with 3x MLs and a LPL, ECM also but that should go with out say. I don't remember what engine I have in it off the top of my head but it runs around 80+ KPH.

With the coming ECM nerf, which will shrink the ECM range, will be beneficial for me personally as it makes it much easier to flank people with out being noticed.

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:03 AM

It seems to be a pretty good IS ECM heavy. I was trying to defend it in another post, but was basically getting ridiculed for saying it was good lol. It's funny how one thread can be complete opposite of another.

Anyway, it seem like it can be made quick, durable, and with decent firepower. I think some people were upset because they were expecting an IS Hellbringer.

Can't say I blame them, but where the Hellbringer seems to have more firepower, the Cata 0XP seems to be more tanky and durable.

I should cave in and get a 0XP.

#19 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:09 AM

Classic close-combat Cataphract was the old AC/20 + ML "Superhunchback". The -0X takes that and adds ECM.

You can't go wrong there. It's a brawler that provides it's own concealment closing in.

Edited by wanderer, 08 September 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#20 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:09 AM

How does it compare to the UAC20+6xERSL Hellbringer?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users