BattleMechs Camo Spec

9 replies to this topic

#1 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

I know this is minor in the grand scheme of things but they really need to release the pre-order camo when they release the mechs. It's very obvious that they work as I've seen people who are running those patterns. Often they don't realize they should already own it and end up spending MC on it.

Additionally by the time those patterns are released, you have the mech mastered and aren't playing it as much.

#2 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,392 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

Yeah, having people buy it after it has already been paid for is a dirty kind of low.

#3 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

I'm assuming it's some kind of technical issue, for the life of me I can't see what though. Most likely it's a simple sql script to turn a flag on for each skin. We know they can do it as they are always able to a month after release. :blink:

#4 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostAmsro, on 09 September 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Yeah, having people buy it after it has already been paid for is a dirty kind of low.

Does it make more money? -> If Yes: Do it -> Return to start
|
v
If No: Don't do it unless it doesn't conflict with making more money -> Return to start

Notice the lack of a "Is it ethically sound?" section anywhere in that flowchart?

Edited by Alek Ituin, 09 September 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#5 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

Yeah the only reason this would be legit is if the patterns just weren't finished for the mechs yet... but they are.... so PGI is just being lazy\greedy.

#6 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

It has to be some kind of technical bug somewhere in the system. If it's not a technical bug they haven't quashed yet, then yes, Piranha needs to stop setting themselves up to sell people things they already own, but I don't honestly think that's the issue.

And frankly they need to stop this staggered release stuff, too. All it does is create a situation in which one or two queues is just absolutely gobsmacked and nobody can play anything in those queues while everything else is sitting at 9%. release all four new toys at once and you at least partially curb that tendency so people can actually continue to play games.

#7 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Lazy/ Greedy?

They refunded my MC when i made the mistake on the last wave....

So telling you the issues, making post about it, explaining it, putting Comstar News post on the front page and refunding the mistakes if you made them means they are greedy?

Do you guys not know the definition of words before you use them?

View Post1453 R, on 09 September 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

It has to be some kind of technical bug somewhere in the system. If it's not a technical bug they haven't quashed yet, then yes, Piranha needs to stop setting themselves up to sell people things they already own, but I don't honestly think that's the issue.

And frankly they need to stop this staggered release stuff, too. All it does is create a situation in which one or two queues is just absolutely gobsmacked and nobody can play anything in those queues while everything else is sitting at 9%. release all four new toys at once and you at least partially curb that tendency so people can actually continue to play games.

I agree with this....i have to wait a freaking month for my new toys because i bought the Crab and Wolfhound.

See you guys in October.... :rolleyes:

#8 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

Do A la carte mechs get these cammo's?

#9 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostTamCoan, on 09 September 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

I'm assuming it's some kind of technical issue, for the life of me I can't see what though. Most likely it's a simple sql script to turn a flag on for each skin. We know they can do it as they are always able to a month after release. :blink:

View PostLordBraxton, on 09 September 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

Yeah the only reason this would be legit is if the patterns just weren't finished for the mechs yet... but they are.... so PGI is just being lazy\greedy.

View Post1453 R, on 09 September 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

I think it's more to do with them packaging everything together in one big bundle. The faction camos/skins, the standing/hanging/mounted items, the colors for the other non-faction camos.

The cockpit items and paint colors should be the stuff that we have to wait for the release of. Not the faction camos/skins.

#10 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostTamCoan, on 09 September 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

Its not, the last day machima done by NGNG clearly shows the mauler in all the camo options, its just PGI being PGI

with the please please wait for the last two mech to get your free camo

knowing that people will buckle and pay for it.. before the last two mechs come out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users