Tried To Come Back....just Couldn't Do It.

156 replies to this topic

#141 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 13 September 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

Not a valid excuse either since the clan AC rebalance, they're straight up better than IS ACs now without quirks.

Not if you are faster than a Direwhale.

#142 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 13 September 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Not if you are faster than a Direwhale.

There is also the EBJ. Heck, even the tiny Adder with CUAC20 is pretty scary. ;)

Edited by El Bandito, 13 September 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#143 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 10 September 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Strictly balance.

The moment clans enter any Mechwarrior game it is always for the worse, the game suffers, withers and dies. Eventually someone will have the balls to just re-write how silly the clans are for the sake of balance.

Considering how the population is dropping off, honestly they can only go upwards.

perhaps if they ever release to steam.

Got the possibility of the new one that is set in 3026 apparently

I'm torn over it I want it to happen as advertised, and I would probably play it, I would probably leave MWO to play it, because it has no clans

For balance, but the canon is even crap and complete balls as well. Hey we went off into space and had wars between ourselves while we colonised planets, which is such an easy, easy thing to do, over 250 years. Then came back with uber weapons, and act like space dictators, worse freaking back story for a marketing ploy I ever heard.

But I am also shy of crowd funding it for several reasons.

After this slow arsed and at times completely illogical and over the top, and under achieving mess, I'm not going to put money up for something that half way through alpha they could say well we changed our minds the clans are coming. or well half way throught the developement we realised we were talking out our backsides, and haven't the skills to do it properly so your getting this instead.

Or hey guys I build this really popular game in the 20th century, give me all your monies and I won't produce a game just give you lots of space ships you can buyz and you'll still worship me like a god. Yes really! mortgaging your house to have a virtual battle ship that it takes half the population of china, to use properly is a great idea ...for me...suckers a.k.a Star citizen

Or Mech Comander I'm sorry sir, our art department made your mech look like a pregnant chicken, so we had it humanly destroyed but we are working on a UI where you can see what people put in chat, without the aid of the Hubble telescope next patch.

People want me to fund their bank balances and vapour ware they do it through a shares scheme each $50 you get ten shares, expensive ones for a new start with little prospect, don't yay think which pay you a dividend should it ever got live and make profit, or my wallet stays closed.

#144 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:20 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 September 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

There is also the EBJ. Heck, even the tiny Adder with dual CUAC20 is pretty scary. ;)

Oh, how i wish i could equip the CUAC-20 on my Urbanmech for the Hill-billy double-barreled shotgun look.
Also, the fact that it weighs as much as my AC10, while being an AC20 with increased range AND double-tap, is just bonkers.

Clams don't understand how good they have it!

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 13 September 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#145 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 September 2015 - 03:20 AM, said:

Oh, how i wish i could equip the CUAC-20 on my Urbanmech for the Hill-billy double-barreled shotgun look.
Also, the fact that it weighs as much as my AC10, while being an AC20 with increased range AND double-tap, is just bonkers.

Clams don't understand how good they have it!

You think for a second that I don't use IS mechs?

By the way the AC10 is longer range 450 vs 360m, has a 300m/s faster round (900m/s vs 650) can't lock up (a lot of guys macro so they don't lock the guns constantly) and doesn't shoot a burst of 5.
....oh and those double taps tend to trigger ghostheat, making a UAC20 IS PPC hot.

There is a reason that the clan meta revolves around Gauss and lasers and not UACs, starting with the UAC20 is so slow its very hard to use at optimal because things move and you are throwing stones, a lot of big stones but they are REALLY slow in the air, and you need to hit with all 5 to get 20 points of damage, no telling where that damage will land a lot of the time.

#146 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

Cant blame him.

It's all about high damage alpha's and powercreeping.

#147 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 13 September 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

You think for a second that I don't use IS mechs?

By the way the AC10 is longer range 450 vs 360m, has a 300m/s faster round (900m/s vs 650) can't lock up (a lot of guys macro so they don't lock the guns constantly) and doesn't shoot a burst of 5.
....oh and those double taps tend to trigger ghostheat, making a UAC20 IS PPC hot.

There is a reason that the clan meta revolves around Gauss and lasers and not UACs, starting with the UAC20 is so slow its very hard to use at optimal because things move and you are throwing stones, a lot of big stones but they are REALLY slow in the air, and you need to hit with all 5 to get 20 points of damage, no telling where that damage will land a lot of the time.

Except AC10 generally sucks compared to AC5s or AC20. Which is why PGI even boosted its ammo.

#148 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 13 September 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

starting with the UAC20 is so slow its very hard to use at optimal because things move and you are throwing stones, a lot of big stones but they are REALLY slow in the air, and you need to hit with all 5 to get 20 points of damage, no telling where that damage will land a lot of the time.

The UAC/20 projectiles are more than fast enough for their range. It's 4 projectiles for 20 damage by the way, not 5 and the burst is fast enough to focus most of that on one component. Double tapping a Clan UAC/20 kills things much faster than using an IS AC/20. I am using one right now on one of my Ebon Jaguars with 6MPL, it tears **** up like you wouldn't believe.

#149 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:07 AM

I don't know how people are still complaining about the Clan mechs... IS mechs have such outstanding quirks its crazy. A few thunderbolts with Er large will out range any clammer in CW.

#150 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

View PostSaxie, on 13 September 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

I don't know how people are still complaining about the Clan mechs... IS mechs have such outstanding quirks its crazy. A few thunderbolts with Er large will out range any clammer in CW.

There are no weapon quirks on the PTS. Clan is way OP there. About like Wave 1 release.

#151 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 13 September 2015 - 06:08 AM, said:

There are no weapon quirks on the PTS. Clan is way OP there. About like Wave 1 release.

but the OP is talking about the PTS....

I also doubt we'll see these changes go live.

Edited by Saxie, 13 September 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#152 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostSaxie, on 13 September 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Quirks are exactly the problem. Everyone tends to build near quirks. Instead of the other way around and let everyone build what they think it suits.

I mean you were in the same match a minute ago, i was not paying attention and a Huggin with SRMS litteraly smoked me in seconds. It has serious rediculous quirks. I had no one around me, but i managed to get most of the damage around my arms but it's rediculous that a Huggin can fire the SRMS twice or three times the rate then i could in my Atlas with the same package. I had two SRMS4 and medium lasers.

Because its a light doenst cut it. Or that i am more armored, doesnt cut it as well. It's a typical example of balance gone wrong.

Talking about quirks out of hand. I agree. Specifically talking about quirks with 30% or more.

This game became worse after all this quirks. I think PGI is willing to scrap and start all over again because they do acknowlegde quirks is just bloody stupid.

Edited by Sarlic, 13 September 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#153 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostSarlic, on 13 September 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

Quirks are exactly the problem. Everyone tends to build near quirks. Instead of the other way around and let everyone build what they think it suits.

I mean you were in the same match a minute ago, i was not paying attention and a Huggin with SRMS litteraly smoked me in seconds. It has serious rediculous quirks. I had no one around me, but i managed to get most of the damage around my arms but it's rediculous that a Huggin can fire the SRMS twice or three times the rate then i could in my Atlas with the same package. I had two SRMS4 and medium lasers.

Because its a light doenst cut it. Or that i am more armored, doesnt cut it as well. It's a typical example of balance gone wrong.

Talking about quirks out of hand. I agree. Specifically talking about quirks with 30% or more.

This game became worse after all this quirks. I think PGI is willing to scrap and start all over again because they do acknowlegde quirks is just bloody stupid.

I'll be the first to say there are few that are quite over quirked. Just like the 9S was at the beginning. The GI, Huginn, just to name a few, maybe that thunderbolt with the amazing range, the Dragon also...

However without those quirks we would never see these mechs on the field I'm afraid. Which was the original reason they were put it. Its a tough spot PGI is in, that I dont envy at all.

#154 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostSaxie, on 13 September 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

I'll be the first to say there are few that are quite over quirked. Just like the 9S was at the beginning. The GI, Huginn, just to name a few, maybe that thunderbolt with the amazing range, the Dragon also...

However without those quirks we would never see these mechs on the field I'm afraid. Which was the original reason they were put it. Its a tough spot PGI is in, that I dont envy at all.

Which is the problem of PGI. We, or better said the Community made that problem by screaming for more mechs.

I think giving some mechs excessive weapons quirks is just out of line. Each weapon should be reasonable equal. And that's (atleast my impression) were PGI Is aiming at with the PTS quirks and do small weapon quirks later.

The main question: But how do you balance a game with a fair and reasonable weapon economy to make the mechs still viable? Difficult i think.

Edited by Sarlic, 13 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#155 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostSarlic, on 13 September 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

Which is the problem of PGI. We, or better said the Community made that problem by screaming for more mechs.

I think giving some mechs excessive weapons quirks is just out of line. Each weapon should be reasonable equal. And that's (atleast my impression) were PGI Is aiming at with the PTS quirks and do small weapon quirks later.

The main question: But how do you balance a game with a fair and reasonable weapon economy to make the mechs still viable? Difficult i think.

Has a lot to do with hitboxes. I mean if you make the ac20 equal for every mech why would you use a Hunchback 4g over say a Shadowhawk or better yet a Blackjack?

#156 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostSaxie, on 13 September 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

Has a lot to do with hitboxes. I mean if you make the ac20 equal for every mech why would you use a Hunchback 4g over say a Shadowhawk or better yet a Blackjack?

I understand that. But i think PGI is going in the right direction. Add structure / armor quirks to the main cannon of the Hunchback and add small weapon quirks instead of huge weapon quirks.

Because any Hunchback will get a AC/20 module. Why would you run a AC/20 hunchback without a cooldown or range module?

See where am i going? The big steps has to go. And i think PGI is aiming to bring the structure, modules and 'vanilla' weapons more in line.

Could be wrong, but this is the overall impresssion i got after viewing some quirks.

Guess we will find out tommorrow.

Edited by Sarlic, 13 September 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#157 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

methinks carcrows is forever tainted with he clan boogeyman man.

clans would have to be turrets shooting confetti cannons before he would consider them appropriate to add to his inner sphere game.

(some of us like that the clans departed from the gundam mechs of various sizes...like my shadow cat)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users