#1 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

The 2015 CUSTOMER APPRECIATION REWARDS PROGRAM is appreciated. Thank you PGI !!!

The rewards this year are top notch, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU !!!

If this is going to be an annual thing I wish you would add one more Tier to the rewards in 2016...

-- You have purchased ALL the top tier packages during the year. --

Insert what ever reward here....what it is doesn't matter as much as a show of support for those who support you the absolute most.

That is not to say PGI needs to do this now (or even ever)... as long as I continue to enjoy the game (its been 3+ years now) I will keep dropping $$$ on every package, all the hero mechs, MC, etc....nothing 'extra' expected other than what explicitly stated (which PGI has always delivered).

Edited by Armando, 11 September 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

I think they are giving plenty of free stuff away as it is. Asking for more seems a little silly.

#3 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

I think they fact that they split up to reward both Clan and IS individually is pretty cool as is.

While I'm not opposed to getting more free stuff, you certainly won't find me complaining about what we got either.

#4 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

I will not purchase packages I bought last year again just to get Flea.

#5 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

Yes, let it be a new title: Turncoat

View PostBilbo, on 11 September 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I think they are giving plenty of free stuff away as it is. Asking for more seems a little silly.

Yes, free stuff that you had to pay for....
I'm not ungrateful, just saying :)

Edited by Yellonet, 11 September 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#6 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

The 2015 customer appreciation rewards are awesome (edited OP to try and stress how happy I am to be getting ANYTHING extra), but if this turns out to be an annual thing, adding another tier for 2016 to show support for those who spend the 'crazy' money would be a nice thing to do for the folks that support them the most, and give those who bought 'most', but not 'all' of the packages another reason to pull the trigger one / two more times and help financially support the game so we can get new content while keeping the game free for all to play.

Edited by Armando, 11 September 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostYellonet, on 11 September 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Yes, let it be a new title: Turncoat

Yes, free stuff that you had to pay for....
I'm not ungrateful, just saying :)

No, I paid for various and sundry packages and got everything I paid for already. This stuff is just a bonus,

#8 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

I'm not asking for more, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but...

... from purely a business perspective, I think they should go the opposite route. Give a freebie to everyone who has spent a lot of money in the past. Players who stopped playing MWO for a while, but were once whales. Give them a reason to come back and check MWO out again, to see how far the game has come. Furthermore, there's a lot of whales who are still playing, but not paying. Give them a freebie as pure token of good will, just to keep them around. Eventually, as long as they're still playing the game, there's a chance they'll find a new big purchase they're interested in.

From purely a business perspective, I think it makes more sense to cater to old whales rather than the most die hard whales. The die hards already get all those loyalty rewards and preorder bonuses. Extra variants, premium time, camo patterns, Mad Dog, etc. While the die hard whales would appreciate an extra gift, from a pure cost-benefit perspective, I don't think it makes sense to shower them with more extras.

#9 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 September 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm not asking for more, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but...

... from purely a business perspective, I think they should go the opposite route. Give a freebie to everyone who has spent a lot of money in the past. Players who stopped playing MWO for a while, but were once whales. Give them a reason to come back and check MWO out again, to see how far the game has come. Furthermore, there's a lot of whales who are still playing, but not paying. Give them a freebie as pure token of good will, just to keep them around. Eventually, as long as they're still playing the game, there's a chance they'll find a new big purchase they're interested in.

From purely a business perspective, I think it makes more sense to cater to old whales rather than the most die hard whales. The die hards already get all those loyalty rewards and preorder bonuses. Extra variants, premium time, camo patterns, Mad Dog, etc. While the die hard whales would appreciate an extra gift, from a pure cost-benefit perspective, I don't think it makes sense to shower them with more extras.

I would love to give people who stopped playing the game a good reason to come back (nothing says come play big robots like GIVING someone a big robot).

I hope that CW phase 3 makes improvements to the game play experience (I don't expect it to be the end all 'fix' for CW), and they would wait unit the game has taken another step forward before calling the old guard back to service though.

#10 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

The only thing I ever really WANTED from PGI that I didn't purchase from them... was a cookie... and they gave me one too.

Thanks PGI for the game, I know I complain, I know I grumble, but every day I get to play is a 'good' day. While I would love to give all the credit for my pleasant playing experience to PGI...a LOT of it has to due with the people who play the game, LOVE you ALL, glad to see PGI supporting the players who support them.

Edited by Armando, 11 September 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#11 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

These rewards just don't do it for me because I simply do not like the chassis they're giving away.

I love free things but I have 50 mechs and I would rather trade the mechs I'm getting in for warhorns or modules for the 20 mechs that don't have them in my collection.

Still <3 you for the rewards, just not excited, sorry.

Edited by Xetelian, 11 September 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#12 Arrakus

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Does MC awarded to players during special events/tournaments count for "Credit Reward" package?

The package says, "You must have purchased any amount of MC"

In the profile/credit tab it says "Store Purchase MC" next to the awarded MC.

#13 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostArrakus, on 11 September 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Does MC awarded to players during special events/tournaments count for "Credit Reward" package?

The package says, "You must have purchased any amount of MC"

In the profile/credit tab it says "Store Purchase MC" next to the awarded MC.

No, it does not count.

#14 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

How do we find out what dates we bought stuff on?

#15 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 11 September 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

E-mail receipt.

#16 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 11 September 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

It's somewhere in your profile, i found mine yesterday, 31october 2014.

Click on MC at the top of the page.

Edited by DAYLEET, 11 September 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#17 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

While I do not qualify for all the customer appreciation awards - it is a most welcome gester from PGI. :wub:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users