Some Of The Negative Quirks Are A Bit Too Restrictive.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

I understand some of the loses one should have when opting for many hardpoints to boat a lot of heat, but some I feel have gone too far in comparison to what the potential gain is.

Ex. I found that when equiping the stormcrow c with a B right arm and a A left arm ( full of smlpulsel ) the torso twist angle is -80deg puting it at 60deg to one side.
As this build was hardly ever a point of contestation of being overpowered I feel this change has killed that build as I feel that there should be no mech that under any circumstance should have under 85deg of torso twist.

Also why are all the weapon quirks gone, the +5~+10% ones for general weapons systems ( +5 for ballistic speed, reload or range ) were rather fine.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 11 September 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#2 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Wow really -80deg?

#3 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

Traditional SRM mechs (IS) like Wolverines and Shadowhawks get serious nerfs for close range targeting. What? Why?
Overall this will just shift the meta towards former second class clan mechs, making them way overpowered with clan tech after getting completely rid of IS weapon quirks.

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

I don't really understand why the crazy debuffs instead of doing things to bring the under-performing mechs up to scale, the rest of it (target quirks) is interesting but isn't going to do anything at all to change up the meta. Still going to be as high of pinpoint alphas as you can put out, just slightly more blind shooting and probably far more ct killing.

#5 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 11 September 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Wow really -80deg?

Yap I kid you not, and yes I don't see how reducing some of the clan sensors ( many can be solved with a head omnipod selection, and some CT variants that will be avoided ) will help IS when they no longer have any weapons quirks for laser range..
It's like the logic was, well if you don't have a red target indicator they will not shoot at them from far away??

#6 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

And some of the CT omnipods really got smacked on the chest ( pun intended ).
Tbr-D and C have -15deg for heaving a favorable E hardpoint, while kitfox S has an impressive -30deg on it, placing it at 84deg when using S side torso omnipods ( -10deg a piece).
There really was no need for this.

Next on the chopping board the laser vomit Executioner A , a lesser timbergod laser vomiter reduced to 66deg...
All one could say here is it's a bad time to play some clan mechs , but the top meta ones are just fine?
I really don't get this rebalance...

Edited by Nik Reaper, 11 September 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#7 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 11 September 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

And some of the CT omnipods really got smacked on the chest ( pun intended ).
Tbr-D and C have -15deg for heaving a favorable E hardpoint, while kitfox S has an impressive -30deg on it, placing it at 84deg when using S side torso omnipods ( -10deg a piece).
There really was no need for this.

Next on the chopping board the laser vomit Executioner A , a lesser timbergod laser vomiter reduced to 66deg...
All one could say here is it's a bad time to play some clan mechs , but the top meta ones are just fine?
I really don't get this rebalance...
So like I was thinking TW will probably need to be gauss and 2 LPLs or something like it to get least amount of negative quirks.

#8 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 11 September 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

So like I was thinking TW will probably need to be gauss and 2 LPLs or something like it to get least amount of negative quirks.

And not just any timby, it would need to be an S for minimum quirks.

#9 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 11 September 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

And not just any timby, it would need to be an S for minimum quirks.

Exactly the S and then single energy torso and each balistic arm probably. I cant see quirks but seems like how they are setting it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users