Centurion Quirks

11 replies to this topic

#1 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Here's the Centurion quirks (less the YLW):

Posted Image

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place for feedback. After several matches with the Centurion (Loyalty one, the AH(L), I've got to say, it's terrible with these quirks.

The problem is that it's right arm is gigantic and it's only real weapon (carries an AC/20). With only 5 bonus structure and a gigantic hitbox, it's dying almost instantly no matter how much I shield with the left. I've tried, trust me. The other quirks are superflous and could be removed or increased, it doesn't matter. It comes down to keeping a hold of that weapon.

#3 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

the LA shield bonus should be applied to all CN9 variants,

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

A Mech INFERIOR to the Hunchback.

You do not understand that "Structure Buffs" do not increase "Weapon Surviveability" and that the "Big Guns" (Multislot Armament/Weaponry) are gone as soon as the ARMOR is gone - that means you may live longer but with no combat capability...being more time useless should not be the aim of a rebalance.

Legs still too vulnerable bcs BIG and EASY TO Hit - even if that is a place where a structure buff would help it is to little.

Edited by Thorqemada, 11 September 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#5 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 11 September 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

A Mech INFERIOR to the Hunchback.

You do not understand that "Structure Buffs" do not increase "Weapon Surviveability" and that the "Big Guns" (Multislot Armament/Weaponry) are gone as soon as the ARMOR is gone - that means you may live longer but with no combat capability...being more time useless should not be the aim of a rebalance.

Legs still too vulnerable bcs BIG and EASY TO Hit - even if that is a place where a structure buff would help it is to little.

Wait, are you agreeing with what I said or disagreeing? I can't tell.

I think you're saying the same thing I'm saying. A bunch of general structure quirks across the 'Mech don't help it if it's main weapon gets blown off way too easy, right? Needs a structure/armor buff.

Or are you saying the opposite?

Edited by Night Thastus, 11 September 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

I say the same ;)

Example:
Centurion AH - RA Armor 32+16 = 48 Points of Armor protecting the AC20 at a "high exposure" location
Hunchback 4G - RT Armor 48+12 = 60 Points of Armor protecting the AC20 at a "medium exposure" (the smaller the exposure the better) location

The Centurion is Inferior!

#7 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

- The centurion is big
- The weapons are low
- Quirk should go to armor (not structure)
- The shield arm should be quirked more across all variants because it is an important feature of the chassis
- I don't see how a couple of structure / sensor buffs could make it balanced compared to clans...

Edited by SirSlaughter, 12 September 2015 - 04:34 AM.

#8 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

-A got nerfed as a brawler (as if it wasn't bad enough already), -AH got lame structure, -YLW doesn't get a shield arm, -D gets NOTHING...

Well at least we have the -AL right?

#9 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

We all want the torso twist quirk of the Gargoyle

#10 Starcrash

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

Hah, yes. But seriously.

The Centurion has a gun arm that carries up to 30% of its tonnage. It can be targeted from a wide angle around the 'mech. It needs more armour, and the shield arm, as depicted in MWO, needs some more structure. SirSlaughter said it, our ride is gangly, makes a big target, and the large, obvious, low-mounted main gun needs some kind of compensation. Lets be honest, the torso mounted missiles were half the reason for the Cent being the original SRM bomber - they gave it heavy firepower that wouldn't be lost in the first exchange.

#11 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

Keep this thread alive!

We won't get the resize of the 3d model in the near future but they should at least show some love for the cent

#12 Norgenheimer

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

I agree that all Centurions should keep their shield arms. The Wang is the Centurion I play almost exclusively but one of the reasons I play the chassis is because of the shield arm. It is one of my favorite features and provides something unique to the chassis. The Wang would quickly go from my favorite mech to collecting dust as I play another chassis if it doesn't get to keep the shield arm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users