So, The Arm Quirks: More Hardpoints = Less Mobility

5 replies to this topic

#1 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

Makes sense, reasonable, and a considerable downside if you try to have 6 weapons all in the single arm.
I like it - it makes sense to use the other various arms if you don't need all those hardpoints for your build, and it makes sense that the arm, being heavier because of all those extra weapons attached to it, would lower your 'Mech mobility a bit.

Nice touch!

Edited by Telmasa, 11 September 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 11 September 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

Makes sense, reasonable, and a considerable downside if you try to have 6 weapons all in the single arm.
I like it - it makes sense to use the other various arms if you don't need all those hardpoints for your build, and it makes sense that the arm, being heavier because of all those extra weapons attached to it, would lower your 'Mech mobility a bit.

Nice touch!

It makes sense and I don't have a problem with that aspect, but i still want the structure quirk back, even just a partial one would be appreciated on the prime arms.

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 11 September 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

Nice touch!
Actually it doesn't make sense because we're not talking human beings we're talking artificial muscles and tendons we don't fully know the degree of power these things have

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:10 AM

Makes not much sense tbh. Not when you take into account what PGI intdned with "firepower " and others.

build a NVA with 6 CERML, then distribute them differently between:
2 in each S arm 1 in eahc torso
3 in each S arm
6 in one arm

compare the result.
It's not very balanced at all, but it is now very very hard to figure the exact min maxings out, which will lead to the dedicated pilots finding them and everoyone else being swamped. and lots newbies going to drive a bad mechs.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 September 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#5 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:20 AM

Ummm.... Lily could you run that post through a spell check..and edit, please I... honestly can't understand your post entierly.

#6 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 September 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

Makes not much sesne tbh. Not when you take into account what OGI intdned with "firewoer " and others.

build a NVA with 6 CERML, then distribute them differnetly between:
2 in each S arm 1 in eahc torso
3 in each S arm
6 in one arm

compare the result.
It's not very balanced at all, but it is now very very hard to figure the exact min amcxings out, which will elad to th dedicated pilots finding them and everoyone else being swamped and lots in quirks mostlikely going to drive a bad mech.

I know, ain't it swell? Havn't had this much fun being a mechlab nerd in a long time :D

But yeah, it can be annoying for those less mechlab savy as some omnipods just got destroyed with the negative quirk bat.

My Nova build from the main server has carried over nicely and is kicking butt; ive even managed to get target acquisition time down to .75 seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users