#21 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 September 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

I use direct fire weapons and I do NOT need to detect mechs, I see it I shoot it, done.

This is a common theme around here and I don't disagree. However, knowing where the enemy is going to be, which direction they will be approaching from, and what's through those trees blocking sight has always been valuable. If a light mech is 700m out from a pilot, keeping a lock for heavy LRMs, and that pilot can't target it to get the red box around it to shoot through the forest colony trees ahead of em, they'll be at a sever disadvantage.

Also, the mid to lower tier solo drops, where the majority of the player base plays in from my understanding, lives or dies by the red doritos, in my opinion.

Edited by Dracol, 12 September 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#22 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Which lights have you been playing, and which lights have you been looking at in the Mechlab?

Locust's have instant retention on nearly all but the E,

Most Mist lynx can be boosted in acquisition AND retention ( My mist lynx A has a .25 second acquisition time, with a +3 retention time.)

Panther 10 P has instant retention. So does the Raven 3L.

Most other lights have only a single second of acquisition and all lights share an 800 meter sensor base range (which might be way too short for this.)

#23 Midax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

The issue I have is my Spider at 800 meters with BAP has to to wait too long for the doritos. It just cannot survive contact at closer ranges long enough to risk attempting to spot with a lock or Tag.

The ACH has to pretty much brawl in order to get the doritos. Streaks are out of the question on it. The target acquisition time is brutal if there is anything at all to break LOS. I run the ACH as a harasser and try to zip in and around building and trees. With the current IW setup, even with CAP installed I can only bring lasers out. Scouting is a waste other than calling grid locations.

The SHC is a lightweight medium. It is not build to brawl. Even with BAP on it, I just cannot get the doritos up at a safe range. If I'm running a poke build I will get doritos from the assault mechs brawling before I can get them myself.

For all my non LRM boat heavies and assaults, lack of info does increase the risk of getting flanked slightly. On the other hand the people are much more careful about traveling in groups and only the lights and mediums break of to scout. The problem is because we are moving slower, we are taking more time to scan for enemy mechs and I'm getting a lot of long range fire into lighter mechs that are probably trying to pull a dorito up.

The lack of paper doll doesn't both me much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users