#2 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

40% acceleration buff.

I don't think they understand how big a deal acceleration is. I'd take -2000% targeting quirks for a 40% acceleration buff on a Cheetah.

#3 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

You got to factor in the torso. The legs and the torso have counter-weighed edges and flaws. The increased structure legs for example have no buffs to acceleration, deceleration or turning.

Thus you have to decide whether you want to be fast and agile, yet more fragile, or tough and less mobile.

This is most likely not the last of it, but the tendencies across the board are quite interesting.

#4 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

I do like the fact that you can build a Cheetah with a shield leg.

But, it will still be the best light. Particularly with the Firestarters losing their weapon quirks that at least gave them something to compete with. Those mobility quirks for the Cheetah are huge.

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

Cheetah was fine in my opinion the IS finnaly got paid back for their light rushes. , why can't clan have at least one good fast light?

#6 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:13 AM

The solution to fix something is not turning it into tomorrows problem. The original launch ACH was a nightmare and justly called the Arctic Cheater. The Firestarter however is/was almost just as bad. So the goal should be to make ALL lights viable, not some lights useless and some other lights auto-win machines.

#7 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:12 AM

I fully agree ,but I'm sure you can agree that the clans are a bit tired of getting the short straw and the thumbs down when it comes to balance.

Edited by KursedVixen, 12 September 2015 - 03:14 AM.

#8 Sezneg

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 12 September 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

I fully agree ,but I'm sure you can agree that the clans are a bit tired of getting the short straw and the thumbs down when it comes to balance.

Glad I finished my coffee before reading this.

#9 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'd rather IS lights be buffed up to the Cheetah's level. I have no problems with clans having a good light, my issue is with IS having no viable alternatives. Tell me, with the new values in the quirks what IS light would you take over the Cheetah?

#10 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostXiphias, on 12 September 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

I'd rather IS lights be buffed up to the Cheetah's level. I have no problems with clans having a good light, my issue is with IS having no viable alternatives. Tell me, with the new values in the quirks what IS light would you take over the Cheetah?

Spider 5K :D

#11 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 12 September 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

If you had said "pre-ACH Clan lights" you might have had a point, but Clans handily fill most of the other weight-class top-three spots - and that's after being nerfed rather severely a few times.

Remember Clan release? When Clan were winning 90% of matches? That wasn't because they had gotten "the short straw" or "the thumbs down" as regards balance.

Quite the contrary.

Edited by stjobe, 12 September 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#12 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

View Poststjobe, on 12 September 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

If you had said "pre-ACH Clan lights" you might have had a point, but Clans handily fill most of the other weight-class top-three spots - and that's after being nerfed rather severely a few times.

Remember Clan release? When Clan were winning 90% of matches? That wasn't because they had gotten "the short straw" or "the thumbs down" as regards balance.

Quite the contrary.
That was before the heavy nerfs

#13 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostMikeBend, on 12 September 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Spider 5K :D

Something like this then?

Spoiler

Those were the days when machine guns could actually be (almost) scary.

Edit:

View PostKursedVixen, on 12 September 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

That was before the heavy nerfs

I would say debuffs rather than nerfs. The Firestarter and Raven also get some heavy nerfs and they were the only IS lights that were even close to Cheetah levels. Cheetah is still going to be the best.

Edited by Xiphias, 12 September 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#14 Elbrun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

Looking over these quirks I have some questions... especially since this is the first set of quirks I've looked at in this forum...

Does it make ANY sense at all to have negatives in the CT to sensors, and positives in most of the torso and arm pods? I don't think so. I could understand it if they had anything to do with sensors, but even looking at the models there really isn't any obvious sensor gear showing. And the massive acceleration boost, seriously OP.

If anything sensor related things should most likely be primarily in the head, since that is where the actual Sensor internal is. And bonuses should likely be limited to CT/LT/RT. Arms and legs don't make a very large amount of sense for sensor related bonuses unless the whole purpose is the ability to cripple the bonuses with loss of those regions. Which I think would be rather novel, since to this point I haven't noted that bonuses from destroyed areas of a mech no longer are in effect. If they are going to make sure destroyed locations do NOT give the bonuses from that location, I'd be all for having sensor bonuses spread all over the place.

Personally I feel that all weapon/armor/internal structure quirks should be removed, and those that effect acceleration should be limited as there is already a skill that gives acceleration boost.

But looking at this I have to wonder what the overall goal is with this. Continuing to boost certain chassis and variants with armor/structure boosts just makes a joke of the tonnage band system for max Armor and set internal structure. Some designs are just going to be worse than others based on overall external area, giving structure and armor boosts to those designs goes against that fact. Tabletop some mechs just sucked, in MWO the same is already being seen, bad mechs don't get used much.

Edited by Elbrun, 13 September 2015 - 08:48 PM.

#15 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

Also - ok if they want to create scouts - ok - creat it - but dont make all lights be same crap!!!!!! lets 1 of shassi will be the scout with quirks fopr it. any else is brawlers atc and if i wanat i must have possibility to change them. give the scout everything to scout then - sensors range + 200%. instant targeting data. target decay 10 sec. improved uavs more then 1. improverd sesmic sensor range +200%. giros. hill climb. atc!!!! everything! if you dont give it fire power!!!!!!!! structure and JJs.
let it be real to do it - or its going to be like we see it - run in th enemy and die there fast - 11\12 then!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users