12 replies to this topic

#1 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

Here are the Zeus Quirks. I haven't been able to get into a match yet, but here they are.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Each chassis has different module slots than others.

ZEU-6S®: 3 Mech modules, 3 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-9S: 1 Mech module, 3 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-6T: 2 Mech modules, 2 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-5S: 2 Mech modules, 1 Weapon module, 1 Mech/Weapon module.

Posted Image

Edited by Weaselball, 12 September 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#2 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:11 AM

They killed Kenny... i mean Zeu-6S.

+35 turn angle? Really? Of all things? ZEU was one of the most balanced mechs in the game, they wasn't overpowered but tough and agile enough to hold the line and strike back. And what have you done to them? Acceleration, additional angle and meat? I dont mind you to take down weapon quirks and even make their sensors blind in CC. But turn down this useless structure+acceleration and give them some armor and heat loss or they will become same as Victors now - almost useless peace of junk.

#3 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:31 AM

View PostVarhait, on 12 September 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

They killed Kenny... i mean Zeu-6S.

+35 turn angle? Really? Of all things? ZEU was one of the most balanced mechs in the game, they wasn't overpowered but tough and agile enough to hold the line and strike back. And what have you done to them? Acceleration, additional angle and meat? I dont mind you to take down weapon quirks and even make their sensors blind in CC. But turn down this useless structure+acceleration and give them some armor and heat loss or they will become same as Victors now - almost useless peace of junk.

The Zeus was actually one of the better balanced IS assault mechs. Tough as nails, but varied hard point lay out. Dunno why they nerfed it into the ground in this test.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

so, they decided that if you wan't your 30% bonus CBills, you have to drive the weakest version of the chassis?

Sorry, bad idea. basic things like structure should be consistent on all chassis, only possibly varying if different versions come with Endo vs STD, or Ferro vs STD armor, perhaps.

6S is the only Assault I like running....so perhaps I am biased, but I do not like this.

#5 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

so, they decided that if you wan't your 30% bonus CBills, you have to drive the weakest version of the chassis?

Sorry, bad idea. basic things like structure should be consistent on all chassis, only possibly varying if different versions come with Endo vs STD, or Ferro vs STD armor, perhaps.

6S is the only Assault I like running....so perhaps I am biased, but I do not like this.

Totally agree with you Bishop. If armor and structure are different on variants of a chassis, im gonna feel gimped if I take one with less armor/structure than a different variant. Armor and structure needs to be the same across all variants on a chassis to keep things playable and simple, especially for new players.

Edited by Alwrath, 12 September 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#6 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

These structure "buffs" are a little silly being as inconsistant as they are across chassis and mechs. If anything they should do something like make Ferro give +25% structure for consistency and if a mech needs more durability, add some armor instead. Most know that structure is inferior to armor in most cases. I love my Zeus and the added movement quirks are nice. I'm not really sure that the slight bit of increased mobility means that it doesn't need to be uniformly durable across the chassis. Armor durable not structure.

#7 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Where is armor quirks? Without it all will not have sense. Zeus MUST be heavily armored by lore.

#8 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

Yeah I can't say as I agree with the nerf in quirks to the 6S. Sure modules are nice, but I don't think they'll make up for the loss in structure that the other chassis share.

#9 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 12 September 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Where is armor quirks? Without it all will not have sense. Zeus MUST be heavily armored by lore.

Actually, quite the opposite! The stock Zues has less armor than many heavies! Lore wise, it was most noted for its heat efficiency, something it never got any quirks for! Wanna know a mech that was known for armor at the same weight? The Awesome. What did they give most Awesomes for quirks? Reduced heat!

#10 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:28 AM

Really disapointing that this nice mech lost his armor quirks, it wasnt a meta mech but a fun mech. Its low weapon and higher armor Quirk´s made this one different then other mech´s.

And why is it that the special geo, pattern and 30% Cbill boost variantwhich you have to buy with REAL money always ends up beeing the worst mech? Is PGI that desperate to sell Premium Time? I really hope that you reconsider the Quirk´s on this Mech.

Edited by ASHTAR0N, 23 September 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#11 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

I'm really liking the acceleration / deceleration quirks on most of the variants though. That's going to make these mechs great at hit and run attacks as well as being able to SRM blast enemies then get back to cover.

#12 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 11 September 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Here are the Zeus Quirks. I haven't been able to get into a match yet, but here they are.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Each chassis has different module slots than others.

ZEU-6S®: 3 Mech modules, 3 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-9S: 1 Mech module, 3 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-6T: 2 Mech modules, 2 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-5S: 2 Mech modules, 1 Weapon module, 1 Mech/Weapon module.

Posted Image

Wut are they doing to my beloved 6S!! I am eagerly awaiting the next updates on these propose changes. I love this mech, along with a few other variants I am keeping a close eye on how these changes will affect their handling.

View PostSetun, on 29 September 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

I'm really liking the acceleration / deceleration quirks on most of the variants though. That's going to make these mechs great at hit and run attacks as well as being able to SRM blast enemies then get back to cover.

Hmmm, the removal of the weapons quirks tho... ...the 6S is great wit teh ballistic buffs

#13 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

Well how could you call the ZEU-6S a nerf?
Do you look at the YAW Chart? Almost 360° field of fire - with better acceleration and turn rate you may not shoot faster or tank more - but you can out maneuver most Mechs on the field - it turns almost twice as fast as the TBR.

This Mech will become a great infighter - (i really need a AC 20 for this guy) - same for the Missle Fist build.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users