• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

Posted Image

So that are the CT quirks,

well, strange choice, again.

I also added the module slots for mech and weapon modules those individual mechs have.

The first thing to notice is ALL CT's have short range quirk negatives all have a acquisition delay (guess thats to creat a basic time acquisition needs) and ALL have yaw rate negatives.
common also is the still pitiful 8 structure points, soemthign that by geometry of the Nova should at leats be like 15 or even 20. Instead the legs still have quirks on hp which were never needed.

The most intersting this is that the NVA will quite have a long delay to acquire any targets, by this gven alone, targeting information gathering will anways take too loong to be very relevant.

But looking at the NVA-C wow, this seems to be inferior to the others. yes acquisitiontime is high here, but the others are already too high, so "much too high" doesn't cares anymore.
it also has 10% or 15% less turn rate on the yaw.

Since skills (unless the masterplan considers chaging the pilot skills) makes C slots not available due to the Skill tree bay being M/W peopel will go for the C2 CT's since for Mechmodules only radarerp and seismic are truly relevant. The others are not much interestign at all.

by this the prime NVA CT will be a rather dead choice, because the turn rate really doesn't saves the day. Guess all (I)preorders are very happy with this choice.
NVA-S has bad quirks and one module less. is that because of the awesome AMS slot? if so, next dead CT.

Turn angle is a bit mroe relevant and on the NVA mobility matters most. so the NVA-A is the next being "unsuitable" especially given the delta to the NVA-B CT. NVA-A Dead CT.

And so we come to the last 2 the NVA-B and NVA-C.

By core they are the SAME CT's no module slot differences and no other hardpoints.
yet the S has a better turnrate, better retention better yaw rate and lower acquisition delay. They have the same short range scan tiem modifier.
In fact the NVA-B torso is plain out the superior choice and there is no reason ever to use a NVA-C over a NVA B.

I guess the NVA-B CT will be the to g choice for nearly all pilots. it fits in the 2 only and truly relevant mech modules, th two weapon moules (a NVA setup never really needs 3 weapon modules) and the usual 2 consumables.

Furthr it plain out dealues many package consumers mechs to, again, a single chassis being better. This is not what I consider balance in any way.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 September 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#2 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

so the Nova got Huge Sensor/Turn Rate penalties but didnt get any more Bonus Structure?
i would love it they gave the Nova 16 internal structure to the CT, as you can shoot it from any angle,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users