7 replies to this topic

#1 Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

I do not think Stormcrow need such huge nerf mobility of the torso, it was his trick.

#2 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

Agreed. I don't mind a reduction in angle or a small reduction in torso turn rate. But it is pretty significant, overly so I'd say.

#3 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:27 AM

I agree. One of the best parts of the SCR for me is being able to shoot at pursuing enemies while I run away.

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Its also what made it hands down one of the best mechs in the game.

People want to keep a differentiating factor between IS and clan tech, And some want clan tech to be balanced AGAINST mech stats.

I feel the storm crow is one of the better examples of how the clan system can work.

It has blank torso spots and lightly armed arms that can make up the difference, It still has some of the absolute best speed, hitboxes, and responsiveness of any Medium mech, and its pretty much at the top of the pile.

It still also has the ability to improve itself if it wants to. It just doesn't get those things for free like it does now.

#5 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, sorry, I love mechs having nice torso twist but the SCR's twist is what made it over-the-top imbalanced. Some mechs got overnerfed but the SCR is not one of them.

#6 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Thing is, the new system doesn't STOP you from getting those turn angles. Some of the "blank" torso's have extra turn yaw that can get you back to those old numbers.

It just comes at the expense of torso mounted hard points now.

So now you have to pick what is more important, More hard points, or Less versatility.

The new system for the clan mechs gives you a lot of options to play with. Some of them still need to be tuned, but for the most part, they still allow you to get the mechs to where they are considered "standard" from where they are now. It just comes at the expense of not being able to just strap the thing down with 13 energy hard points.

#7 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

it's the dumbest way to balance mechs
laser negative quirks make sense, huge mobility nerfs which make the chassis, a medium mech which is supposed to be agile, move like an assault (worse than an assault, lol, the new assaults have pretty crazy mobility quirks)... sorry, it's not the proper way to balance mediums, especially when it ultimately makes only few omnipod combinations viable drastically decreasing the versatility of the gameplay

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 14 September 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#8 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

If mobility is what makes the Stormcrow so OP, then it seems straightforward to nerf that to balance it with other 55 ton mediums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users