#1 Mondos

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:15 AM

The black sheep of the Buckets.
Made a good PPC/AC5 rig for a time.

Positive movement and internals means it should handle being a direct fire mech.
Negative targeting pushes it away from LRM's
Medium to long range information defiantly puts it in that 300mtr to 500mtr mark.
While the negative short range scan time would hurt those that run an A/C20, I can't see it being a major issue.

#2 rangergord

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

Honestly I never liked the PPC/AC5 builds. It always seemed like they needed an extra couple of tons to really fit. I did better with 2ERLL/AC10 pre-quirks and 2LPL/AC5 post-quirks. Then there are the AC20 and the ERPPC/Gauss builds that have been popular too. Movement and internals are good. If they do add weapon quirks back, they should be general only.

#3 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

7K is one of my most played mechs, all the research on builds I believe I came up with my own unique build I dubbed the Jack Hammer. 2 AC/5 2 ML xl285 5t ammo
What concerns me is the weapons quirks are what make this build and well I won't play it if this build gets neutered. Thanks to the AC5 and general ballistics quirks plus cooldown module you can shave the cooldown to 1.04. So basically an AC5 every half sec.you put me back to basically stock and it kills what this mech is best at, running up on an enemy and using my small size and the coma inducing screen shake to buzzsaw them with now return fire.
Sure I could throw some lrm15s or srm6s in the arm but the mech will get out done by several IS mediums I already have doing those roles.
How many other mechs are going to lose the only thing they have going from them. Unless you are going to make erppc velocity 40% faster stock you just killed everything the Vindicator had going for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users