• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Ummmmm......OK?

SO, the Quirks:
Posted Image

So, hey, nice Twist, right? Except with ZERO structure or Armor buffs, twisting will be of significantly less use, since you can take a LOT less punishment.

But wait, it's got massive Sensor Boosts, to compensate, right?

Look again...250% for SHORT Range. So it has to be in brawling range, which it no longer has the survivability for.

So now, if you wan't your 30% Bonus, you have to run the weakest version of the Chassis. Which likely translates to about the same earnings, considering you will be doing much less damage and lasting less time, on average.

Not impressed.

#2 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

I'd like to point out that they DID give the 6S the most mech/weapon module slots of the chassis:

ZEU-6S®: 3 Mech modules, 3 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-9S: 1 Mech module, 3 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-6T: 2 Mech modules, 2 Weapon modules, 1 Mech/Weapon module.
ZEU-5S: 2 Mech modules, 1 Weapon module, 1 Mech/Weapon module.

I haven't had a chance to test the mech out on PTS, as there was nobody playing when I got home (searching for match for 15 min....), but just off this I'm not so sure that the increase in weapon modules is enough to offset the large loss of structure that the other variants gained.

Another thing to note, I looked around at a lot of my other mechs and I didn't find any with ARMOR buffs... just structure. Only structure. Atlas-D has +50 STRUCTURE in CT, not armor... so it looks like they've gotten rid of armor buffs entirely in favor of structure. My ONLY theory on why is so as to make weapons like the LBX and MG useful in critting out components.

TL;DR:

They seem to be trying to offset the weaker quirks on a chassis with more module slots. The 6S, with the weakest quirks, gets the most modules. I'm not entirely certain this is going to be enough. Though on the 6S you could take Seismic Sensor, Radar Derp, + module of your choice (target retention or advanced zoom or whatever) PLUS 4 weapon modules... cooldown AND range for your primary weapons, essentially. Again, undecided if this is going to be enough, but it is something to consider.

Edited by Weaselball, 12 September 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Ummmmm......OK?

SO, the Quirks:
Posted Image

So, hey, nice Twist, right? Except with ZERO structure or Armor buffs, twisting will be of significantly less use, since you can take a LOT less punishment.

But wait, it's got massive Sensor Boosts, to compensate, right?

Look again...250% for SHORT Range. So it has to be in brawling range, which it no longer has the survivability for.

So now, if you wan't your 30% Bonus, you have to run the weakest version of the Chassis. Which likely translates to about the same earnings, considering you will be doing much less damage and lasting less time, on average.

Not impressed.

Isn't the 250% a nerf? Like it takes 2.5 times longer for short range target scanning?

#4 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 September 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Isn't the 250% a nerf? Like it takes 2.5 times longer for short range target scanning?

I believe so. Also, keep in mind the number of weapon/mech modules that the 6S gets... Is it enough to balance out its lackluster quirks? Who knows. But it seems PGI is trying to use those as a currency as well, so it should be included in the conversation.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 12 September 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I believe so. Also, keep in mind the number of weapon/mech modules that the 6S gets... Is it enough to balance out its lackluster quirks? Who knows. But it seems PGI is trying to use those as a currency as well, so it should be included in the conversation.

as should better explanations of what stuff means.

#6 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

as should better explanations of what stuff means.

Can't argue with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users