Posted Image

#2 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

I don't know - this whole Quirk Overhaul doesn't make Sense to me. I have the Feeling it is a Waste of Time.

#3 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:06 AM

The 1N is clearly OP, but seriously PGI, just cut it's AC5 cooldown to 25% to start with OR just add ballistic, missile and laser perks, but not have them weapon specific.

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:37 AM

All weapon quirks are gone right now.

It looks like their intent is to get a baseline for how mobility quirks stack up against weapon quirks.

I've dropped in a few dragons on PTS, try them out, they are actually still a lot of fun. They have excellent mobility, they are MUCH more tanky with structure bonus' everywhere, and they make a good "all around" spotting heavy with its abilty to retain targets for 4 seconds. (making its Missile slot for LRM's actually handy for once.)

I had a lot of fun with the new dragons. They are now DIFFERNT from all the other mobile fire platforms, and feel much closer to the mobile, well armored skirmisher they where in TT.

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostSpiralFace, on 13 September 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

I had a lot of fun with the new dragons. They are now DIFFERNT from all the other mobile fire platforms, and feel much closer to the mobile, well armored skirmisher they where in TT.

Weird... unless I'm fighting a mech without long range weapons I always use my Dragon's long range weapons to plink away at the enemy until I get an opportunity to charge 8 hexes. That 48 damage is totally worth being unable to use my LRM10 and AC5.

#6 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

I use Dragon-1N both on TT and here on MWO:

On TT, it works great firing LRMs and AC/5 when closing in, then thrown in the middle of the enemy cluster to create chaos, since it has great melee damage, tanky armor both on front and rear and even a rear mounted laser to shake away light mechs who otherwise would safely hug your back.

On MWO, it's currently a glass cannon with insane fire rate (specially if you alternate fire the ACs without using chainfire) but it's also one of the most fragile heavies. We don't have melee, so it has nothing to do with TT Dragon. I love the suppressive effect it has, anyway.

This overhaul puts it a bit closer to TT, but it still need something to compensate the lack of melee, otherwise it's so damn weak.

#7 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 13 September 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Weird... unless I'm fighting a mech without long range weapons I always use my Dragon's long range weapons to plink away at the enemy until I get an opportunity to charge 8 hexes. That 48 damage is totally worth being unable to use my LRM10 and AC5.

Very true, But as a well armored, highly mobile heavy, Dragons occupy a more "skirmishing" role until something opens up their ability to charge in close, but for the most part, both dragons and Grand dragon armaments are suited for mid to long range engagements poking from afar.

New system really amps up their mobility, and their Protection has been beefed up more then what they had before (could be beefed up more in my opinion,) but for the most part, they seem to serve well as a great "base line" mech under the PTS system.

They had positive traction in everything from mobility, protection,and infotech, but suffered in the firepower department with low slung weapons even when compared to other similar mechs in its department. Which to me at least gave them a nice niche role in a different way for MWO that didn't relegate them to single weapon spam cannon.

The protection quirks are also very nice given how the overall weapon systems just got a swift kick in the pants with the exception of clan tech. So it looks like it can be a very fun chassis to play around with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users