3 replies to this topic

#1 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Before this gets any more out of hand, and all chance of us as players being useful for testing gets tossed aside, can we clear something up?

What exactly are the plans for weapon quirks, and quirks in general with this new balance as seen on the PTS?

Right now, as it is, most of the feedback is negative, because we, as players are assuming that this is in some form going to be the final product. We quite clearly do not like this idea. Now if in fact this is only the 1st stage, and you guys fully plan on adding the weapon quirks back in, making other major changes, etc, please, by all means, come forth and let us know.

I think you'll get better feedback, certainly more useful feedback, and less of us panicking and feeling like this whole system is just completely missing the mark.

Right now what we're seeing does no one any good if it's not representative of what your actual plans are. And if it is, well then...I guess take the feedback as it is. But no need to continue to suffer panic, insults, and mass amounts of negative feedback if all we're looking at here is a partial picture.

Please, can we get some clarification here?

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostKodyn, on 12 September 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

we, as players are assuming that this is in some form going to be the final product. We quite clearly do not like this idea. Now if in fact this is only the 1st stage, and you guys fully plan on adding the weapon quirks back in, making other major changes, etc, please, by all means, come forth and let us know.

Just as importantly, we need to know:

Are you planning to put these quirks into production, and then later perform weapons quirks, IS vs Clan balancing, etc?

Or

Are you going to perform weapons quirks, IS vs Clan balancing, etc before you put any of the rebalancing into production?

I don't intend to play months of half-finished imbalanced Mechs while you gather data for, or get around to performing, the rest of the rebalancing that will clearly be necessary.

Edited by Appogee, 13 September 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#3 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 September 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Just as importantly, we need to know:

Are you planning to put these quirks into production, and then later perform weapons quirks, IS vs Clan balancing, etc?

Or

Are you going to perform weapons quirks, IS vs Clan balancing, etc before you put any of the rebalancing into production?

I don't intend to play months of half-finished imbalanced Mechs while you gather data for, or get around to performing, the rest of the rebalancing that will clearly be necessary.

Good questions Appogee, right in line with what I wanted to clear up.

Yeah, timing is important. No one wants to play live server with an unfinished version of a new system. Right now, nothing's been made clear as to how much of what we've seen is final, how much is just testing the waters, etc.

I really hope on Monday a Dev gets a chance to get back to us on this and provide some clarity. A little transparency will go a long way here to improve moods all around, and help us help them.

#4 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

While you are right in general, I think the doomsday feelings in the forums are not only because of what you point out, but also because we all know there is a very strong chance that these "balance" iteration is maintained almost like this till the end. I don't think all players believe this was near to final, but sadly, we have seen in the past that PGI's version of "iterative" is not really similar to what most of us have in mind, they could very well do 2 or 3 more PTS passes and still have most of the bad things we saw untouched because they focused too much on the worst offenders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users