• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostTarogato, on 12 September 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Good decision, Grump... I mean Paul.

P.s., I like your new signature. ^_^

Yeah. A cat. The animal that cares for nobody except itself. Hey Paul... change the sig. Makes you look selfish, like most cats.

#102 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Coe7 - for goodness sake man get a grip! This was a FIRST TEST, it's not live, it's not even meant to go live in this state which is why it was installed on the public TEST server, to give us, the players, the community you feel so strongly about, a chance to TEST some proposed changes.

Like other human beings, I too fear change but in a game like this which is in constant development, change is inevitable and we have to manage that.

"Playing with that joke of balance pass looming over us is going to kill this game. It was a travesty. Who would want to invest RL money or time with INFOTEK changes looming on top of us?"

Your attitude really doesn't help the situation, how would you react to your statement "You hurt this community"? Probably, given your contribution to this open discussion, in a very negative way, well, maybe PGI will also react negatively to you rather than take your, probably honest, views into account?

I just think we as a community can help both PGI and ourselves by keeping some perspective and reacting with well considered argument rather than reactionary hyperbole.

Good hunting

P.S. Maybe I'm dumb but I have invested some RL money in the Marauder Collector pack.

#103 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Has there been word about when the PTS is coming back up?

#104 Ordin Hall

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 12 September 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

and those typos that gave certain 'Mechs quirk values in the 1000's! :)

The fact you can't even double check your numbers says a hell of a lot about PGI quality as a whole.

#105 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostOrdin Hall, on 09 October 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

The fact you can't even double check your numbers says a hell of a lot about PGI quality as a whole.

This thread is almost a month old and hasn't been updated in weeks and you decide to post now? Why? Something else bothering you Ordin?

#106 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 09 October 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

This thread is almost a month old and hasn't been updated in weeks and you decide to post now? Why? Something else bothering you Ordin?

And you could have left it alone and let it die again. But since you didn't....

Who else finds it odd that it was shut down over 4 full work weeks ago, and we still have not seen another PTS server put up for us to continue testing this rebalance? I thought they said 1-2 weeks.

#107 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 09 October 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Who else finds it odd

Nobody who's been around longer than a few patch cycles.

PGI's ego got hurt. Now they're going to sulk in the corner for a few months before they do something diametrically opposed to what they first tried, all the while claiming this was what they always intended.

(hint: Where I wrote 'PGI', substitute a male first name starting with P instead)

#108 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 09 October 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

And you could have left it alone and let it die again. But since you didn't....

Who else finds it odd that it was shut down over 4 full work weeks ago, and we still have not seen another PTS server put up for us to continue testing this rebalance? I thought they said 1-2 weeks.

Yes, and you replied to me and now I am replying to your reply....that is why the forum is available.

Pauls's original post in this thread states "We will take another look at putting the test server back up for shorter amounts of time...." No timeframe or dates were given.

I agree with the essence of Stjobe's post above, it will be a while before PGI comes back to the playerbase at large for another try on the PTS. I would expect PGI is completing the quirks list instead of the partial that was prevously released on PTS. Probably taking time for in-house testing too.

Just a rough guess, I think we will get more details in another 2-3 weeks but I don't see another PTS being run until November.

#109 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 10 October 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

No timeframe or dates were given.

In Russ's October roadmap he stated on September 29th "We are planning to have another PTS sometime in the next 1-2 weeks"

September 29 - October 13 = 2 weeks according to my calendar. So, we can expect a PTS next weekend?

We'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users